Author Topic: Server Microfreeze  (Read 3886 times)

Offline SKOzone

• Zinc Member
Re: Server Microfreeze
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2020, 10:21:04 AM »
Yes, it happens almost every time I fly, typically when there is a change in visuals, such as when I am diving down to an airfield. As I get closer to the field, there can be a slight freeze.

The freezing was so severe, I left Aces High a couple of years ago. When I returned, the instances of freezing were greatly reduced. So, today I just tolerate it.

One interesting point, though. About a month ago I was flying in formation with another bomber and I noticed a brief freeze. I quickly asked the other pilot if he just experienced a freeze, and he responded "yes." I have no idea what this might mean, except that we both experienced the phenomenon at the same time so it may not be directly related to our home hardware configurations.

SKOzone

Offline Haskell

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2020, 12:21:25 PM »
seems like hitech has some blocking calls in his game loop. either server or client side

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2020, 12:43:38 PM »
Are you using Oculus VR?

Nope just standard desktop gameplay
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2020, 08:16:46 AM »
OK what I found is this. Oculus have two drivers showing:

- Microphone (Rift Audio)
 - Microphone (Oculus Virtual Audio Device)

Every time I get an Oculus update it switches to the Virtual Audio Device driver. This causes micro stutters and my mic stops working. When I force it back to (Rift Audio) it solved the issue for me.

IIRC I had to do it for speakers as well. I no longer use the Rift headphone as my right side headphone doesn't work (I use bluetooth headphones now).

Last night I had a ton of the small freezes that others are experiencing. I fly an Oculus Quest now, and I'm wondering if this is the issue as well... Time for a separate gaming mic headset?!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2020, 08:45:52 AM »
Last night I had a ton of the small freezes that others are experiencing. I fly an Oculus Quest now, and I'm wondering if this is the issue as well... Time for a separate gaming mic headset?!

I was getting regular freezes last night and I am on a monitor.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)