Author Topic: Interesting Death Rate Report  (Read 23912 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Interesting Death Rate Report
« on: November 27, 2020, 12:14:47 PM »
This analysis was made at John Hopkins and published in a student newsletter, it was quickly taken down for unknown reasons.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201126223119/https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19

It says that the annual US death rate was not increased by covid virus deaths and official death rates from the co-morbidities like heart disease declined the same amount as the virus increase.

Of course the lock down reduced traffic and other deaths but it also increased deaths from delayed care.

Maybe 200 actual virus deaths wasn't so far off.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Interesting Death Rate Report
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 03:08:46 PM »
Its because someone made the grave mistake of giving the hospitals "paid bounties" on all covid deaths. So of course the are all going to code them as covid deaths even though the covid was not the cause of the death so they can get their free govt money

See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 03:52:44 PM »
Its because someone made the grave mistake of giving the hospitals "paid bounties" on all covid deaths. So of course the are all going to code them as covid deaths even though the covid was not the cause of the death so they can get their free govt money

thousand of doctors in thousands of hospitals are conspiring to commit fraud.  sure.

all risking their licenses and chance to go to jail for a few thousand bucks.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 04:44:15 PM »
thousand of doctors in thousands of hospitals are conspiring to commit fraud.  sure.

And all over the world, too.
In Switzerland, all the intensive care beds have been reported occupied last week.
Over here, we have still beds left, but we are getting low own qualified care personnel.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 04:46:12 PM »

all risking their licenses and chance to go to jail for a few thousand bucks.

semp

Wouldn't be the first time it happened, and wont be the last.  :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 05:18:38 PM »
And all over the world, too.
In Switzerland, all the intensive care beds have been reported occupied last week.
Over here, we have still beds left, but we are getting low own qualified care personnel.

Interesting.... they were bragging about no covid a few weeks back I believe.

In any case it is good that other diseases have dropped tremendously then.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 05:48:05 PM »

In any case it is good that other diseases have dropped tremendously then.

your data on Switzerland is inaccurate.

interesting that in Vietnam the US delegation had 2 positive tests and they didn't get it in Vietnam.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 06:15:33 PM »

Who?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 06:43:17 PM »
Still a damn political conspiracy I see.
I'm starting a new one.. Only 5 servicemen died in Vietnam.... the other 58,204 were faked to make Bob McNamara look bad.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 06:19:07 AM »
Who?

It was one of those tiny neutral countries. Thought it was that one.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 07:17:47 AM »
Hi,

That information is interesting, and seems to make sense, but it also seems to be in conflict with almost every other source I've seen.

The graph below shows the curve for USA Excess Mortality through 2020. The website defines Excess Mortality as follows.

Excess mortality is a term used in epidemiology and public health that refers to the number of deaths from all causes during a crisis above and beyond what we would have expected to see under ‘normal’ conditions. In this case, we’re interested in how deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic compare to the average number of deaths over the same period in previous years.

Excess mortality is a more comprehensive measure of the total impact of the pandemic on deaths than the confirmed COVID-19 death count alone. In addition to confirmed deaths, excess mortality captures COVID-19 deaths that were not correctly diagnosed and reported as well as deaths from other causes that are attributable to the overall crisis conditions.

This image shows shows excess mortality peaking at 40% above the previous 5 year average. This is in contrast to the data published by a medical student in Johns Hopkins newsletter cited in the OP.

The data for the graph I've posted can be compared with other countries and the raw data, as well as the method of calculation is available here:

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

As a disclaimer, I've only just begun to look at this, as interesting as it is, and I'm not making any claims. I'm just providing an alternative source from the UK office for national statistics for comparison. The website link above allows you to make comparisons with other countries and appears to offer full transparency. It also seems to compare more consistently with a wide variety of other sources.

If I were to look for reasons to explain the conflict with the Johns Hopkins source, differences in the "New data" due to how deaths are being classified, seems to be an obvious first check and that would also seem to be the most likely source for conspiracy theories, as already noted in this thread.

Bottom line, I think I'd rather play Aces High today than try to check... A couple of new rides are screaming out for some serious cockpit time :) 

Kind regards

Badboy
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 07:25:13 AM by Badboy »
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 07:41:38 AM »
The study is what many have thought all along

Now with moderators controlling what is true and what is not and then removing content to control the narative, it is hard to take anything at face value

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 08:06:13 AM »
nevertheless, the virus is real.  lucky everybody does not have it, yet.  my buddy gave it to his dad after a social distanced encounter.  the transaction happened one day before positive test and two days before symptoms.  this happened over a month ago. my friend still has no smell or taste.  A friends wife and child caught the disease in july and still have dysfunctional senses.  My buddy's dad is over a month in the hospital. the second wave of the symptoms took his breath away, and now requires oxygen, and gets constant reminder of how close to the ventilator he is.  The doctors and nurses seem handcuffed and over worked.  This disease needs to be fought within a week of infection.  If severe damage is a allowed to take place; the only cure is steroids, blood thinner, and time.

I would not try to roadkill this thing away.

:salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 08:36:24 AM »
And everyone who catches it then has the dreaded "pre existing condition" status for the rest of their lives....

Have you tried to get healthcare on the private market with one of those?

I have as I have two stents.

Only obamacare will cover you then with crap coverage for a premium price...unless you are dirt poor.

Unless the united healthcare level private coverage is not forced to cover these cases now at some level of decent coverage and cost many will be screaming for a gov take over of it..

Makes you go hmmmm...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2020, 08:37:14 AM »
yeah its real alright. my neighbors granny died a while back from it and now a nursing home in Moundsville WV (about 12 miles from me) just found that all 85 of their residents tested positive. That is crazy. with the apparent proliferation of this disease, we should be counting our lucky stars that it is not more lethal. stay safe.