Author Topic: Just an observation  (Read 4666 times)

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
Re: Just an observation
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2020, 06:05:30 AM »
LOL, Yup that is the type of game pilots and pilot want to be want to play. Most of us quit playing arcade style games back in the 80s. I am a commercial pilot and I have tried all of the other types of flying sim games. While HTs planes are not modeled perfect they are way beyond the modeling of most of the other games. The flying characteristic are as realistic as can be compared to some of the games that the airplane fly like a a piece of cardboard with with flat wings. Probably one of the ones that come closet is IL2. I also will not pay to upgrade better airplanes. I have been playing this game close to 20 years and Dale has not once raised his subscription price. If anyone claims there are no fights anymore you should have been on a couple nights back at base A5 and A2 one of the most adrenaline rush fight anyone could ask for. Some of you that have to have eye candy to play a game probably shouldn't play here. I also do not like to have to wait in the tower for a mission to start and then when shot down have to wait in the tower for the next mission, not a bit fun. I love to be able to log on any time of day to a on going battle somewhere.

LOL, You obviously didnīt read my post entirely and/or thoroughly. Try that?

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2020, 06:38:01 AM »
LOL, You obviously didnīt read my post entirely and/or thoroughly. Try that?

LOL oh but I did read it throughly!!
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2020, 10:58:03 AM »
LOL oh but I did read it throughly!!

Then I donīt understand where you get the drift that I am playing an "arcade game"? I explicitly wrote that it has a section called "simulator mode" - which is just as hardcore (actually even more so) as Aces High is. I have been an ATP for almost 25 years and have flown aircraft from C-152s to B747-400s and while I donīt have any time in WW2 warbirds I think the flightmodel in that other game is absolutely on par with AHīs.

I know people get defensive when someone says that something can hold a candle to Aces High, and I felt the same way for a long time. Whatever floats your boat - if you are happy and content, thats great.
Just donīt sit here wondering why you fly around with 20 folks busy running away from your SpitIX on a map that was made for 500 players when you refuse to get up and take a look at where they all went and why they all went. Aces High is stagnant and the people fighting to keep it just the way it is are actually the ones that are guilty of that and its possible demise.

It is great that the price for the subscription hasnīt changed, but it still amounts to 180$ a year - which is more than any other game out there is.

Maybe AH serves a niche gamer population - as long as that is financially viable I guess that is fine. I hope it stays that way...for your guys sake ;).

Cheers, Litjan

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2020, 11:26:04 AM »
Why are you posting on this niche market community forum, again?  :old:

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2020, 11:41:30 AM »
Why are you posting on this niche market community forum, again?  :old:

Because I have a long and emotional attachment to Aces High and it pains me to no end to see it go down like this because of people like...you?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2020, 11:45:53 AM »
Because I have a long and emotional attachment to Aces High and it pains me to no end to see it go down like this because of people like...you?

Huh. And here it looked like you don't play AH anymore and you just came here to tell us there are options to bail to. Thank the heavens there are people like ... you ... to help this game you supposedly have a 'long and emotional attachment to.'

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2020, 12:20:49 PM »
Then I donīt understand where you get the drift that I am playing an "arcade game"? I explicitly wrote that it has a section called "simulator mode" - which is just as hardcore (actually even more so) as Aces High is. I have been an ATP for almost 25 years and have flown aircraft from C-152s to B747-400s and while I donīt have any time in WW2 warbirds I think the flightmodel in that other game is absolutely on par with AHīs.

I know people get defensive when someone says that something can hold a candle to Aces High, and I felt the same way for a long time. Whatever floats your boat - if you are happy and content, thats great.
Just donīt sit here wondering why you fly around with 20 folks busy running away from your SpitIX on a map that was made for 500 players when you refuse to get up and take a look at where they all went and why they all went. Aces High is stagnant and the people fighting to keep it just the way it is are actually the ones that are guilty of that and its possible demise.

It is great that the price for the subscription hasnīt changed, but it still amounts to 180$ a year - which is more than any other game out there is.

Maybe AH serves a niche gamer population - as long as that is financially viable I guess that is fine. I hope it stays that way...for your guys sake ;).

Cheers, Litjan

145 on while I was on last night. The other day was over 250.  How many on the server you play on? Not only that, can you find them?

Odd that you are here if your game is so great.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2020, 12:34:27 PM »
Alright, enjoy then!  :aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2020, 12:39:46 PM »

Cheers, Litjan

It is funny that you consider WT's "simulator mode" to be on par with AH's flight model.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2020, 12:41:47 PM »

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2020, 01:15:41 PM »
I don't think kills per hour is why people are leaving.

:aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »
Alright, enjoy then!  :aok

What game is this you say is on par with AH flight modeling?

I think I have tried them all and have not found it yet.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2020, 02:20:38 PM »
:aok

I do.

People come here for combat action. Not to fly around like Microsoft flight simulator or DCS hoping they might run into someone to fight.

We need to focus on how to get people fighting in bigger battles rather than spread out in small dars all over the place.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion