Author Topic: Manifold Pressure Gauge is wrong in P38 all models  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Manifold Pressure Gauge is wrong in P38 all models
« on: December 06, 2020, 09:54:54 AM »
Anyone notice a difference between what is posted in the E6B and what is reading on the Manifold pressure gauge in the aircraft, it's wrong in all three P38 models. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Manifold Pressure Gauge is wrong in P38 all models
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 10:09:29 AM »
and the 110
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 04:17:39 PM »
and the Brewster
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 03:08:42 PM »
I knew something was different with the p38 after the update.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 03:11:15 PM »
I had not even noticed....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »
Unfortunately the updated P38 model added nothing to the game, except confusion in the cockpit. A sign of the times and AH’s lack of attention to detail.  Wondering how long before it is looked at and fixed?  What was the purpose of the rear view mirror that can’t be adjusted and is useless with TrackIR.  Maybe they will add yet another directional gyro.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 09:04:13 AM »
The new P38 cockpit is much closer to the real P38 cockpit.  It takes a little getting used to, but it is much closer to the real thing.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 09:14:12 AM »
Unfortunately the updated P38 model added nothing to the game, except confusion in the cockpit. A sign of the times and AH’s lack of attention to detail.  Wondering how long before it is looked at and fixed?  What was the purpose of the rear view mirror that can’t be adjusted and is useless with TrackIR.  Maybe they will add yet another directional gyro.
You must be fun at parties.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 09:35:13 AM »
You must be fun at parties.

I've been here for 20 years along with my squad mates, have never taken a break, play in a squad of P38 drivers.  I've made a sizable investment into this game.  I'm honest.  Do you really believe that you "fly against hundreds of pilots world wide"  or is it more like Two's of Pilots?  A lot of work went into the new models of the game and that effort should have improved the game,  other wise, what was the point, especially if the release is flawed? New people drawn to the game by the slick advertising don't seem to hang around very long, Maybe because the website says one thing and the reality of game play is very different.  The franchise used to pride it's self on the accuracy of the model, go back and take a long look at any of the WWII pictures of P38 cockpits online and show me one with two directional gyros and no wet compass.     
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 10:16:31 AM »
Most of the time when I have been in the real small home town airports, there are signs in the bathrooms that indicate pilots with low manifold pressure will most likely tinkle on their shoes. 
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 12:31:32 PM »
I've been here for 20 years along with my squad mates, have never taken a break, play in a squad of P38 drivers.  I've made a sizable investment into this game.  I'm honest.  Do you really believe that you "fly against hundreds of pilots world wide"  or is it more like Two's of Pilots?  A lot of work went into the new models of the game and that effort should have improved the game,  other wise, what was the point, especially if the release is flawed? New people drawn to the game by the slick advertising don't seem to hang around very long, Maybe because the website says one thing and the reality of game play is very different.  The franchise used to pride it's self on the accuracy of the model, go back and take a long look at any of the WWII pictures of P38 cockpits online and show me one with two directional gyros and no wet compass.     

If you think people today are anything like days past...... people are broken.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2020, 12:39:19 PM »

It added a lot to the game, especially for us dedicated Lightning drivers.  It is a step above the previous P-38 cockpit.  I don't see why you think the new cockpit is a sign of lack of attention, but I suspect you just added that because you have some type of hard on for HiTech and will cry, whine and complain at the drop of the hat if you think it will make HiTech look bad.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2020, 01:23:32 PM »
It added a lot to the game, especially for us dedicated Lightning drivers.  It is a step above the previous P-38 cockpit.  I don't see why you think the new cockpit is a sign of lack of attention, but I suspect you just added that because you have some type of hard on for HiTech and will cry, whine and complain at the drop of the hat if you think it will make HiTech look bad.
it was released before it was ready.  That's why the readings on the Manifold Pressure are incorrect.  That what I call a lack of attention to detail.  I use TrackIR and the rear view mirror is useless to me as it now exists.  The purpose of the two Directional Gyros are?  the lack of a wet compass? This configuration found in what real P38 Cockpit?    Sorry but I don't feel that the new P38 models added anything to the game.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2020, 01:33:30 PM »

It also made it significantly easier for our skinner team to, well, skin the 38.  Now the skins that will be created for them will be much more accurate vs the stop-gap that was previously done for the older model on a few skins.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 03:01:13 PM »
It also made it significantly easier for our skinner team to, well, skin the 38.  Now the skins that will be created for them will be much more accurate vs the stop-gap that was previously done for the older model on a few skins.
More accurate in what way?  They currently have to be historically accurate, correct? 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes