Author Topic: Idea for System in place to incentivy balanced sides. THOUGHTS?  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Idea for System in place to incentivy balanced sides. THOUGHTS?
« on: December 16, 2020, 02:58:20 AM »
I am glad ENY is not a thing in the MA anymore as I don't think it is fair to penalize folks for flying with their friends. But... :old:  I think that it is important to maintain a slightly better balance, as it encourages more action. I think that more action also leads to people playing more and possibly keeps new guys interested. Could a system that offers say 5-10 Perkies of your choosing, for switching to the lesser populated nation for a certain time period? Or possibly make the perk point multiplier better for the nation with less players, therfore affording them better fleet?

Offline Windycty

• Copper Member
Re: Idea for System in place to incentivy balanced sides. THOUGHTS?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 07:31:41 AM »
Agreed, something needs to be done. Its not much of a game with a roster like Bishop: 56,  Knight: 28,  Rook :13. I applaud those that switch sides voluntarily to equal the numbers but its not enough. 
"Four fried chickens and a Coke"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 08:07:38 AM »
the perk modifier is based on population already.  If you are on thrower numbered side your perk modifier is higher and so you earn more perks per kill.

Giving a flat perk for switching isn't going to get .any to change as most players here have been here for ever and have a ton of perks they don't use now.

There are just too many players that want to fly with their friends for a balance system to work. I'd love to see the hardness of objects  increase as the imbalance increases. For every 10 percent of player Imbalance make the hardness of objects go up 20 percent. Vh was 3000lbs now its 3600lbs. More players, you just need to work harder to accomplish the same things.

I doubt that we will ever see a big change like that though. I'm thinking Hitech is all done with any major programming changes.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 09:20:40 AM »
... I think that it is important to maintain a slightly better balance, as it encourages more action. ...

Which is why we had ENY. So what is the better alternative? ENY didn't even the numbers and Perk points are less motivating.

The notion that sides are balanced if the numbers are even is debatable since each player's ability, interests, and game objectives are not all the same but I agree it seems better when the numbers are close. 

When one side is dominant it tends to kill the fight but having a dominant squad is an understandably popular goal. The solution seems to be for at least two sides having enough good fighters to maintain a good fight. I don't see a good way to force that to happen in the MA. 

The numbers given as an example show a majority of players on one side. Should HTC do something to "fix" the choice made by a majority of players?

I'm not diminishing the problem but the current situation is what most players choose to do in the MA.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 09:28:24 AM »
The imbalances seem worse than before. I've seen single countries have more players than the other 2 combined (it varies based on time of day).

Id like to see ENY back....

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 10:23:37 AM »
It is much worse now than it ever was.

I suggest you just live with the choices you have made.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 10:25:08 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 10:40:38 AM »
From what I can see, the impact on a typical gameplay session has been nil.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 11:42:10 AM »
the perk modifier is based on population already.  If you are on thrower numbered side your perk modifier is higher and so you earn more perks per kill.

Giving a flat perk for switching isn't going to get .any to change as most players here have been here for ever and have a ton of perks they don't use now.

There are just too many players that want to fly with their friends for a balance system to work. I'd love to see the hardness of objects  increase as the imbalance increases. For every 10 percent of player Imbalance make the hardness of objects go up 20 percent. Vh was 3000lbs now its 3600lbs. More players, you just need to work harder to accomplish the same things.

I doubt that we will ever see a big change like that though. I'm thinking Hitech is all done with any major programming changes.

Maybe it is time for hitech to sell out? We could have a community owned game. But if this is the case the end is very near....

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 12:00:39 PM »
What I see the issue is that we have the numbers totally imbalanced. Bish have been outnumbering Rook/Knight with a ratio of at least 3:1 on most given time. which is understandable that there is no ENY, so therefor winning map has been much more desirable when you can with numbers and no restrictions of what to fly.
Not only have the sides been imbalanced, but also the fights.
Would make sense to log on as Knight or Rook during these situations to go fight the bigger #s. But what were seeing now is that the 2 smaller countries are fighting each other.
Which makes sense, being people like to fight under a much more controlled environment rather than fighting a horde in which you almost certain immediate death.
Not picking on bishops, all 3 countries do the same.
What I wish for but at this point would be beating a dead horse was to implement a switch on the fly with NO wait time. Fights die down in a matter of minutes now. Once an offensive has been thwarted, you find yourself playing whack a mole protecting an other base that they attack.
Only things that ever bothered me from ENY were the tower queens driving it up for no reason and the switch time rule. Seems as though without it now, its a race to win the map. Somehow we need tofigure out a way to give more incentive to actually "fight" eachother, rather than trying to sneak or totally horde real estate
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 12:01:49 PM »
 Need something, im in here now because its 34 - 17 - 14 in the MA.   The 34 are all on the 14 i dont enjoy gameplay like that, ENY never bothered me at all, I learned to like planes I
 never would have used otherwise.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 12:05:39 PM »

I'd love to see the hardness of objects  increase as the imbalance increases. For every 10 percent of player Imbalance make the hardness of objects go up 20 percent. Vh was 3000lbs now its 3600lbs. More players, you just need to work harder to accomplish the same things.

In my opinion, this just adds justification to hoards.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 12:15:04 PM »

Maybe it is time for hitech to sell out? We could have a community owned game. But if this is the case the end is very near....

Last figure I heard was 5 million.  That was a few years ago.  Get at it people.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 12:19:57 PM »
call your friends and families. Order them to order joysticks, throttles and rudder pedals, and make them join Aces High! we'll flood the arena with players and it will be all good from here on out.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2020, 12:29:17 PM »
Last figure I heard was 5 million.  That was a few years ago.  Get at it people.

Wiley.

R.O.I. would take roughly 62 years....before expenses :)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »
The community would kill the game in 2 weeks. Heard multiple people say the first thing they would do is remove GV’s, less players is just what we need.