Author Topic: Move clipboard to different screen  (Read 441 times)

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
Move clipboard to different screen
« on: December 18, 2020, 07:32:00 AM »
I have a strong PC with 3 monitors. Is there any way to move the clipboard to another screen, and/or free the mouse to move to a different screen.

Second question, can you employ three monitors so that each monitor has a different view, front, left and right.  I am not interested in just stretching the main screen across three screens and distorting everything. Or, if you stretch will using "field of view" compensate for that.

Thanks

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Move clipboard to different screen
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 08:10:01 AM »
Windows only allows the screens to combine into one or mirror the main screen.

The Max FOV in AH is 152 so you can use 3 monitors to make one wide screen. Once you do that you can park the clipboard on one of the side screens.

It's great for driving sims because it's like a windshield but it's not the best aspect ratio for flying fighters because you fight vertically and it's a horizontal view. I used triple monitors for years and it's fun but I'd rather have the frame rate than the wide screen.

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »
In a sim called XPlane,which is not a combat sim, just fly from A to B in civilian airplanes, you can have 3 monitors, one looking forward and the other 2 looking at 90 degrees to either side. All 3 are in 3d cockpit mode.  I also have MS Flight Simulator 2020, and they are working on delivering the same set up. Just thought it would be nice in here.  Maybe it's time for VR.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 04:29:53 PM »
When in the game you can only use space that the game is displayed unless you "ALT""TAB" out of the game.

I do believe that if you go into your graphic card settings and all 3 monitors are plugged into the card you can have the option to span all there, and allow the span in Aces High. Once you save those, load the game and on the first note pad that pops up after you sign ini select "Video Settings". There is a drop down for screen size. IF the game sees the spanned monitors one of you selections should be 1920x3240 (3x 1080). Click that and you will play the game over three monitors. You may have to tweak the FOV.

Nefarious got it working  https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,392450.msg5209664.html#msg5209664

oh and YES VR is a game changer  :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 04:31:41 PM by The Fugitive »