Author Topic: WARNING : Is everyone getting billed at the double rate of $29.90 per month !?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline KillyJim

• Zinc Member
WARNING : Is everyone getting billed at the double rate of 29.90 per month !?

CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD!
==================

in 2001 the price per month got cut in half to $14.95 per month, paid in advance. No longer that price, and now double?

Now I WAS BILLED DOUBLE on Nov 22 than I was on Oct 22 2020.

It was $14.95 on Oct 22 2020 credit card as always, but jumped to new $29.90 via a charge on 11/22

PRICE DOUBLED for Aces High? How many here are suddenly being billed at double the rate? ($30 a month instead of $14.95 per month)?

This link says they can charge people any price, if they claim they send you an email, but I got no emails:

https://www.hitechcreations.com/company-info/support-policies/billing

> 3. Billing/Pricing Changes - HiTech Creations reserves the right to change its rates and prices at any time, effective upon a 30-day written or electronic notice to current HiTech Creations members.

The price dropped in half in 2001, and now 20 years later, HiTech is doubling it back?

It would not be such a big issue if when you cancel you get our remaining time, but I think if you cancel you lose the 30 dollars immediately. The written terms on site still claim most people only pay $14.95 still.

CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD for Nov 2020 bill cycle

The game is amazing and is worth every cent at $15 a month, but for very casual players like me who go a couple months between logins, its not worth $30 a month for me as a casual player.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
I haven't got the ability to check my card right now...but if it doubled. The end is than 2 months out!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Have you talked to HTC to determine if it was a mistake?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Have you talked to HTC to determine if it was a mistake?

Doubt it.

OP, you should check with HTC first before going on a crusade.  FYI: I checked, and so far this whole year, I've been charged normally.  No "double taps".
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
ROFLMFAO

so there is a thread about bias media and this reads about as perfectly into that category as you can get.

OP, you sir are a dumb c*&^

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
ROFLMFAO

so there is a thread about bias media and this reads about as perfectly into that category as you can get.

OP, you sir are a dumb c*&^
Don't be a jerk

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
KillyJim,

I think can have confidence in HitechCreations billing practices.  I just double-checked my credit card statements; my billing date is the 10th, and I went back 3 months - Dec, Nov, and Oct - all the HitechCreations billings were the correct amount of $14.95.   I have come and gone from this game several times since 2000, and I have never had a problem with billing.

I think a call to your credit card company would be a good first step - it may have been a problem on their end.   A customer service rep should be able to identify it is a recurring monthly billing for a single amount, and offer some insight as to what happened.   

<S>

Offline KillyJim

• Zinc Member
I think a call to your credit card company would be a good first step - it may have been a problem on their end.   

Its a charge to a major visa card in a total single sum of $29.90, not two charges. Its obviously spurious and affecting me, and perhaps affecting others here if their bill date is the 22nd of the month.

Visa cant split or alter a charge, only deny it in full, a 90 day process back and forth. And I dont want to get visa involved for something clearly on the end of HiTech.

Ill update when I get email reply.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Its a charge to a major visa card in a total single sum of $29.90, not two charges. Its obviously spurious and affecting me, and perhaps affecting others here if their bill date is the 22nd of the month.

Visa cant split or alter a charge, only deny it in full, a 90 day process back and forth. And I dont want to get visa involved for something clearly on the end of HiTech.

Just call him and it will be straitened out in minutes. Why wait for email?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
I pay for 2 accounts, mine and my grandson's. Both are correct, $14.95. Call Hitech, he'll fix it, if it's his problem. :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Same here.  No double charge.  Call and/or email and this will get straightened out.

On a side note, a few years ago when I was paying for two accounts, mine and my brother's, it was a single bill of 29.90.  I'm going to bet you signed up for another account and forgot about it, or didn't realize it at the time.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
Only those who get unlimited ammo and titanium planes that are light as a feather pay that much! =)
Check Six!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Shade accounts aren't free bruh... :neener:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website

You can also PM Hitech on this BB in case he didn't get your email. If you don't hear anything on Monday call the office.

After over 20 years here I can't believe Hitech would ever scam anybody. He's not that guy.

Offline KillyJim

• Zinc Member
Its all Good Now! Resolved

HiTech credited my account internally, and then some. Thanks HiTech.

November issue was caused by a status tricking HiTech for October making them think October did not post.

Its probably not widespread unless it affects that specific date (Oct 22).

All good!