Author Topic: The political food fight on this forum is toxic  (Read 8181 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
The political food fight on this forum is toxic
« on: December 21, 2020, 02:38:29 PM »
Now that HT, hisownself, has picked a side and jumped into the fray I'll just silently watch the AHBB degrade into a back-slapping/high-fiving pro-Trump playground and likely seldom venture here.

Dale, I always thought not allowing political topics to be discussed here was actually healthy for the community. I now suspect that wisdom came from Skuzzy. Here's hoping the reaping I suspect comes with the current sowing is merely my anxiety flaring up.

:salute

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: The political food fight on this forum is toxic
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 02:49:35 PM »
Now that HT, hisownself, has picked a side and jumped into the fray I'll just silently watch the AHBB degrade into a back-slapping/high-fiving pro-Trump playground and likely seldom venture here.

Dale, I always thought not allowing political topics to be discussed here was actually healthy for the community. I now suspect that wisdom came from Skuzzy. Here's hoping the reaping I suspect comes with the current sowing is merely my anxiety flaring up.

I have always been the boss and made the rules. We did not always have the political rule for the and rule #4 in the oclub. It was pretty much anything goes. We had to implement them because some people could not separate there behavior in the oclub from the other forums.

And I have always picked a side, I just try not to let my views effect how I moderate the board. Since opening the rules I am amazed at the completely over the top uncivility of some posters.

HiTech
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 02:52:53 PM by hitech »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 02:50:36 PM »
Well, Hitech is at least partially human.  He is going to have a point of view.  It's a 50/50 chance on which side of the fence he would have fallen.

He has a right to be wrong just like anyone else. 

Like 3-sided war, and night-time in the Melee.  :D

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 02:55:06 PM »
Well, Hitech is at least partially human.  He is going to have a point of view.  It's a 50/50 chance on which side of the fence he would have fallen.

He has a right to be wrong just like anyone else. 

Like 3-sided war, and night-time in the Melee.  :D

Please show me where I have posted anything wrong?

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 03:02:04 PM »

Also why have you been joining the food fight?

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 03:15:02 PM »
Please show me where I have posted anything wrong?

HiTech

"Wrong" can imply a value judgement, not just factual accuracy.

Do you deny that you fall on the Trump side of the fence?

I'm not saying that is immoral...necessarily.   I have friends who vote Trump because they just always vote Republican...whatever.  I don't think they ever think about it too deeply.  They are Republican and that is their team and they always want their team to win.  I'm not saying that is intentionally evil.  It's like Germans voting for Hitler in '33 because he promised make the trains run on time.  Who doesn't want trains to run on time?  They just tragically failed to realize (until too late)  all the other evil that would come along with that deal.  Their judgment was "wrong" in the broader sense, even though they were factually accurate in that he did make the trains run on time.  They just didn't realize he intended filling them with Jews.

Those fist-pumping and cheering on Trump to declare martial and overthrow the election, those propagating the "Jews stabbed us in the back..i.e. election was stolen" lie are traitors to everything this country was founded on.  I feel no need to be civil to dangerous traitors trying to overthrow my country.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 03:24:00 PM »

I'm not saying that is immoral...necessarily.   I have friends who vote Trump because they just always vote Republican...whatever.  I don't think they ever think about it too deeply.  They are Republican and that is their team and they always want their team to win.  I'm not saying that is intentionally evil.  It's like Germans voting for Hitler in '33 because he promised make the trains run on time.  Who doesn't want trains to run on time?  They just tragically failed to realize (until too late)  all the other evil that would come along with that deal.  Their judgment was "wrong" in the broader sense, even though they were factually accurate in that he did make the trains run on time.  They just didn't realize he intended filling them with Jews.

Those fist-pumping and cheering on Trump to declare martial and overthrow the election, those propagating the "Jews stabbed us in the back..i.e. election was stolen" lie are traitors to everything this country was founded on.  I feel no need to be civil to dangerous traitors trying to overthrow my country.

You are factually incorrect.  There are crazy people on both sides that represent neither side.

There is a desire to have a fair election where only votes from American citizens are counted. That isn't overthrowing an election, it's just verifying it.  Different opinions regarding who is stealing the election are fine. Why wouldn't both sides want to settle the question with an investigation?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »

Your very quick to prove Godwin's law. And hence end any possible discussion.

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 03:48:41 PM »
Why wouldn't both sides want to settle the question with an investigation?

The only purpose for an "investigation" at this point if for Trump to use it as an excuse to overthrow the election and retain power until the "investigation" is complete.  News flash, the "investigation" will take at least 10 years (because they really, really want to be sure) and in fact will probably need to take a couple of more decades as he hands emergency powers off to each of his kids by decree.

The place to prove your case is in a courtroom under the rigorous rules of evidence in a court of law.  Not on Sean Hannity, not in the Epoch Times, not on internet forums. 

You had 60 court appearances to make your case.  Fail x 59.  (One was a minor technicality issue that was non-material.)  No believable evidence was produced of wide spread systemic fraud. 
The states have had recounts and verifications.
The states have certified their results.  Including states with Republican Govenors and Secretaries of State
The Electoral College has voted.

This election is over.  Any attempt to derail results past this point is plain treason. 

Have what ever congressional investigations you want over the coming years.  You will get the same results.  If you had any reasonable proof, any one of those Trump appointed judges would have take interest.  There are always minor acts of fraud by stupid people in every election we've ever had. Usually local cases.  Find those and prosecute them. 

But the courts of this country have found that you have produced nothing that justifies delaying or altering the results of this election.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 03:55:04 PM by CptTrips »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 03:54:05 PM »
Your very quick to prove Godwin's law. And hence end any possible discussion.

That's not an actual law, just one person's opinion.

Perhaps you are just uncomfortable with the implications.

I have never in my life seen a more eerily analog to the rise of Nazi Germany than I have seen in this country over the last 5 years.

Trying to hide behind the fig-leaf of some little nugget of internet wisdom does not alter that.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 04:08:38 PM »
I remember b4 the rule as in the 2000 election there was a crazy back and forth about gore and bush

It got wild but was fun and never got as nasty personally as the discussion of this election in the various threads about the posters/AH members as it was directed at the subject..the politicians

But that was 20 years ago...

Thanks HT for relaxing the rule, I appreciate it.

<S>

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 04:14:05 PM »
The irony of Arlo starting this thread is delicious.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2020, 04:20:34 PM »
I remember b4 the rule as in the 2000 election there was a crazy back and forth about gore and bush

It got wild but was fun and never got as nasty personally as the discussion of this election in the various threads about the posters/AH members as it was directed at the subject..the politicians

But that was 20 years ago...

Thanks HT for relaxing the rule, I appreciate it.

<S>

Eagler

I was there then, and in 2004 and argued for Bush both times.

The difference is, they may not have liked it or thought it was fair, but Gore did accept the verdict of the Supreme Court and conceded and called for National unity.

Neither suggested using the US military to overthrow the results and rule by decree.

See the difference?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2020, 04:22:47 PM »
You are factually incorrect.  There are crazy people on both sides that represent neither side.

There is a desire to have a fair election where only votes from American citizens are counted. That isn't overthrowing an election, it's just verifying it.  Different opinions regarding who is stealing the election are fine. Why wouldn't both sides want to settle the question with an investigation?

+1  :aok
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2020, 04:25:05 PM »
The irony of Arlo starting this thread is delicious.

Indeed!
:aok
They're casting their bait over there, see?