Author Topic: 2 Countries  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
2 Countries
« on: December 22, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »
Hello,

There was a very positive discussion on channel 200 recently on the number of countries.  Many felt that changing the game from 3 countries to just 2 would provide more action given the numbers.

If you like this idea please give it a +1.

Thanks,

X15  :salute

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:25:34 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: 2 Countries
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 12:53:42 PM »
+1+(10^20)

Chuikov

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 01:06:33 PM »
What is the purpose of having three countries?  It's to reduce the unfair one sided fights when the sides are unequal.

When are the sides unequal? All the time or just most of the time?

Two sides work well when the players arrange themselves more or less equally. This is also true of three sides.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 01:12:32 PM »
Many? I have seen a few. The fact is that it did not work.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 01:48:31 PM »
I only see 2 sides work with auto balancing, never when its dependent on the players to do so.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 02:19:55 PM »
I only see 2 sides work with auto balancing, never when its dependent on the players to do so.

Auto balancing is the only true way. Players are what is broke.... LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 08:16:59 PM »
Minus 1?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 08:20:46 PM »
-1 :(

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 08:22:35 PM »
Auto balancing is the only true way. Players are what is broke.... LOL

This! Logged in the other day. Roughly 130 people on. Roughly 80 bish. They rest split roughly evenly between rooks and knights. Did any bishops switch to balance? Nope. Just started rolling bases. The players are the problem.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 08:53:06 PM »
This! Logged in the other day. Roughly 130 people on. Roughly 80 bish. They rest split roughly evenly between rooks and knights. Did any bishops switch to balance? Nope. Just started rolling bases. The players are the problem.

I understand the sentiment but ultimately the player will do what the player is permitted to do and human nature is to take the easy route.

If the game had a flaw that allowed unlimited ammo, the player would use it.  If the game had a flaw that allowed them to be undetected, the player would use it.  If the game had a flaw that allowed the player to choose a side that had more players and therefore was easier to survive in then the player will use it.

I work in the field of business improvement.  We look at the process long before we look at the people.  If the process did not allow an undesirable condition then it would not occur.  Everyone wants to blame the people for the 3 side imbalance and it has been discussed on these boards for years.  It is not a people problem it is a process / system problem.

I suspect that part of the reluctance to go to 2 sides is the fact that making maps in here is an arduous task and making 2 sided maps is simply too much effort.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 08:56:14 PM »
Never going to see just two countries. That would involve making all new maps and as there is no "team" at HTC these days there is no one to rebuild maps. On top of that as others have said without "auto balancing" it wouldnt work any better than what we have now.

Personally I think it would be a great help if all the medium sized maps were removed and we only had the small maps in rotation. Saturday night we were on a small map and even with less than 150 players there were a number of fights going on. Heck, Bish held of the attack at A41 for hours even tho they were out numbered.

2 sides will never happen.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 11:54:57 PM »

Bring back eny

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 06:25:50 AM »
If the game had a flaw that allowed the player to choose a side that had more players and therefore was easier to survive in then the player will use it.

I like more targets too so enjoy it when the odds are against us from time-to-time.

That said, recently a squad changed to a side and so overwhelming changed the numbers that they were taking bases nearly unopposed. Without exaggeration an 8-1 mismatch or more.  I saw this and changed countries for the first time in over 5 years to help them out.

:salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 07:22:39 AM »
That said, recently a squad changed to a side and so overwhelming changed the numbers that they were taking bases nearly unopposed. Without exaggeration an 8-1 mismatch or more.  I saw this and changed countries for the first time in over 5 years to help them out.

Sounds like what killed the Mid-war arena.  Good for you, changing sides.

- oldman

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2020, 10:21:07 AM »
I like more targets too so enjoy it when the odds are against us from time-to-time.

:salute

X15 - glad you did. Maybe with ENY you would have found some p40 v p40 fights!