Author Topic: Jan 06  (Read 20711 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Jan 06
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2020, 12:00:30 PM »
What if the court wont let you check accuracy?

Courts won't allow it without reasonable, realistic, and justifiable cause. Many of these are (R) judges that, for some odd reason, respect the legal process. It's kinda like a quack prosecutor attempting to introduce a gun or knife as evidence in a jay-walking case.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2020, 12:03:03 PM »
What if the court wont let you check accuracy?

If you had any believable evidence, you would have gotten traction.  Those weren't ANTIFA judges.  Many were Republican including several Trump appointed judges.

You don't have to agree, or like it.  But the courts have spoken.  That's how things work in this country.

Maybe you'll win this last SC attempt.  I doubt it.  My guess is they won't even address it.  They could just let it sit there and ignore it until the clock runs out and the declare it no longer matters and the situation is over.  Can't remember the Latin term for that.

I guess it sucks to be you.  ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2020, 12:09:40 PM »
If you had any believable evidence, you would have gotten traction.  Those weren't ANTIFA judges.  Many were Republican including several Trump appointed judges.

You don't have to agree, or like it.  But the courts have spoken.  That's how things work in this country.

Maybe you'll win this last SC attempt.  I doubt it.  My guess is they won't even address it.  They could just let it sit there and ignore it until the clock runs out and the declare it no longer matters and the situation is over.  Can't remember the Latin term for that.

I guess it sucks to be you.  ;)

Not really. Life is good.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2020, 12:10:58 PM »
Courts won't allow it without reasonable, realistic, and justifiable cause. Many of these are (R) judges that, for some odd reason, respect the legal process. It's kinda like a quack prosecutor attempting to introduce a gun or knife as evidence in a jay-walking case.

Interesting.

So you think every thing is cool?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2020, 12:15:47 PM »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2020, 12:16:51 PM »
So you think every thing is cool?

It will be by Jan 20.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2020, 12:43:55 PM »

Chuikov

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2020, 01:55:37 PM »
Brits who smile in public are brave.

(Image removed from quote.)

You need to stop being a zenophobe
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2020, 02:03:50 PM »
Racist as well

I demand something for said violation
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2020, 02:25:21 PM »

You know...America First...shthole countries... all that.

Besides, if it wasn't for us, you'd be speaking German.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 02:31:25 PM by CptTrips »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »
You look like fattie arbuckles ball sack
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2020, 03:27:14 PM »

I definitely don’t find dog to be on the menu (I know that’s not just China).

Tried dog have you?  What is it about eating dog that you find wrong?  Bet you enjoy a nice fat steak though.  Of course there are those in the world who do not eat beef, others don't eat pork, there are those that don't eat any meat at all.  Of course these people are wrong in your mind because it is closed.

When I see “made in China” I know most of the time the product was made by practical slave labor and that in most cases the product will be lucky to last a year, and many products less than that - some much less or may even come broken or flawed to begin with.

Your assessment of "made in China" products is seriously out of date.  The Chinese are fast becoming world leaders in many areas particularly tech fields such as computing, mobile phones and solar energy.  They are quality products and will not fall apart or be flawed or broken to begin with.  Do some research, have a look at where your phone, TV, computer, washer, drier, microwave.......  may be made.

Of course there are cheap and nasty products as well, but they are cheap and nasty and the expectation of their quality and lifespan should match the price you pay.  $300 for a pair of Italian shoes I expect quality and good use out of them.  $30 for an everyday shoe - I know I will be buying a new pair every year but that is exactly what to expect.

The China argument with respect to the price and quality of goods is exactly what the US car industry went through in the 70's and 80's with the likes of Toyota.  Toyota took some time to perfect its products and manufacturing process then beat Ford and GM at their own game.  We are seeing this with China and it is a normal pattern of business.  We live in a global economy where the worst thing the USA can do is look inward and demand that American manufacturing be saved.  You have to convince 360 million people to do that and the truth is many of them cannot afford to buy American made so they go for cheapest first.  It is not China's fault, it is a fact of business life.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2020, 03:28:11 PM »
You look like fattie arbuckles ball sack

But I still have all my teeth.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2020, 04:56:26 PM »
Just an observation, I have seen much of China.. have you? Your "definite" statements about how China treats it's people lose luster in the face of American ideals like "the tuskegee study" and the "tulsa race massacre". China is an mixed agrarian to technological society not unlike all large countries.
And the owner of low tech unreliable  products.... I think not... shall I start with the Ford Pinto?

I lived in Hong Kong for most of 1996, traveled through a fair bit of the mainland then, and have posted about that experience over the years here.  You're comparing America's PAST with China's present, and future.  Not unlike all large countries..exceptions given for the concentration camps, imprisonment for political disagreement/speech, organ harvesting from said prisoners (without anesthetic in many cases), and thousands of other abuses that NO other large countries would tolerate, certainly not the USA.

I have friends in HK that have had family on the mainland wrongfully imprisoned and tortured for things that aren't even crimes in the USA - if these things WERE currently crimes in the USA, all of CNN, MSNB, etc, would currently either have been imprisoned, tortured, and/or executed during the last 4 years for crimes against the state.  That or have had their organs harvested while they were awake.

Millions in concentration camps...today.  Millions of babies killed just at the point of birth with a needle through the skull (ok, so that one is from the late 90s and early 2000s, but they still used to do it, in the current generation's living memory, not our great grandfather's).  CCP is still engaging in mass forced sterilization at the very least.

Yes, China is closing the gap regarding tech, just study their naval construction of the last 15 years, not just the numbers, but the tech, as well as the adoption of US/etc methods and tactics (Search some of Mace2004's posts on China).  China has used tech sold to them by Google and the other champions of human rights, to help identify and imprison hundreds of thousands of Chinese people who disagree with the CCP.  Does hypocrisy start with an "h"?

The CCP are behaving as badly as the Mongols ever did, the difference being they are doing so inside their own borders, and not the rest of the known world.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 05:05:19 PM by Gman »

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »
I lived in Hong Kong for most of 1996, traveled through a fair bit of the mainland then, and have posted about that experience over the years here.  You're comparing America's PAST with China's present, and future.  Not unlike all large countries..exceptions given for the concentration camps, imprisonment for political disagreement/speech, organ harvesting from said prisoners (without anesthetic in many cases), and thousands of other abuses that NO other large countries would tolerate, certainly not the USA.

................ Does hypocrisy start with an "h"?

Interesting that you brought up human rights abuses.  I don't think anyone disputes them however there are similarities with China and the USA in this respect.

hypocrisy

noun
the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

• USA - "War on Terror" - Indefinite detention without trial - Guantanamo - Allegations of torture and arguments that it violates the 5th and 14th amendments.  Amnesty International states it is against human rights.
  • China - "People's war on terror" -  Indefinite detention without trial - Various camps.  Amnesty International states it is against human rights.

What makes the American version acceptable?  Is it a matter of scale?  It is not OK for either entity to do it.  We have a similar situation in Australia where some people (refugees) have been locked up for 8 years +.  It is not OK.  Send them back or let them in but don't imprison indefinitely without trial.