Author Topic: completing a sortie  (Read 670 times)

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
completing a sortie
« on: December 27, 2020, 12:16:22 PM »
This question has 2 parts, one for vehicles and one for planes: First, how do you complete a sortie and get the perks in a vehicle?  Do you have to return to the base from which you spawned, if you stayed in the general area?  If so how do you return if you spawned to another island, got some kills, but need to end the sortie.  When that happens, I get "Ditched".  If that happens do you still get some points?  I am assuming that planes need to land on a runway on a friendly base.

Thanks

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: completing a sortie
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 12:18:52 PM »
The end sortie button is color coded. When it's green you can end sortie for full points. You get reduced points for a ditch.

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 12:39:49 PM »
The question remains, then, what will make it turn green in a vehicle or a plane?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 12:44:50 PM »
The question remains, then, what will make it turn green in a vehicle or a plane?

Planes receive full points for landing on a friendly base runway. I believe vehicles are proximity related (the closer to a friendly base the better).

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »
In a plane I believe u need to be at a full stop...I believe its the same for vehicles
 :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 04:21:32 PM »
vehicles you dont have to return to your base. If you are closer to a friendly base you get a landed successfully or a green indicator for full credit (perks/points/kill message) CVs count so if a cv is off shore, if its friendly get closer to it than the enemy base, stop and if the end sortie turns green your good.

Yellow end sortie means you'll be ditched and only get half the perks/points. Red will be captured and only one quarter of the perks/points I think. Lusche may stop in and he knows the scoring ins and outs better than anyone.

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 07:19:29 PM »
Thanks all.

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2020, 12:14:40 PM »
Turns Green = When landing plane on a friendly runway. Vehicles - End anywhere when there are no enemies within 5k radius or park in a friendly vehicle hangar.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 02:49:41 PM »
Did they change vehicles?  I was under the impression if you were on concrete, end sortie was green.  Don't need to be in a hangar.  I can't remember the last time I successfully ended a GV sortie though. :D

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11