Author Topic: Concealed carry question  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Concealed carry question
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2021, 10:55:13 AM »
I pre-empted my post with "to each their own" (meaning I will try to respect others) perhaps you missed that. I carry a Sig and like 1Stpar3 I don't worry about the saftey being on or off. However, that does not negate my philosophy, training, and sense of responsibility as a gun owner.

Life is nothing but a game. My response was directed at your comment as you seem to think that because you disagree with me, your opinion is more important, and that somehow you are more aware of the perceived danger that is out there. That's pretentious and I find humor in that.

We (Gun owners) are all on the same team. Opinions (Americans, Non-Americans) vary, take it, don't take it, but it's prudent to realize that their are others just as smart and just as aware as you. Just because our philosophies differ doesn't make one better than the other.

I simply care about my family and they care about me. You can read into it whatever you want. What you do doesn't really matter to me as long as it does not affect my family.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2021, 04:21:42 PM »
You might consider getting a dictionary out for those big words. You will be able to follow the posts in the forum with ease.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2021, 04:47:39 PM »
I was looking for a Thesaurus, but I think they are extinct.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2021, 05:37:37 PM »
I was looking for a Thesaurus, but I think they are extinct.

where have you been, dinosaur have been extinct for millions of years.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2021, 05:56:37 PM »

Problem solved. Great pocket revolver.  15 ounces empty. Amazingly accurate.

6 rounds of .38 +P. (+P ok for occasional use). No safety. Always ready. No chambering a round. .38 +P  = good 9mm.

If you need 15 rounds of 9mm, I can’t help you.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2021, 06:14:56 PM »
Oh, and all gun owners are NOT on the same team.

There are Effing Idiot NRA members that state no civilian person should own a Modern Sporting Rifle (AR) and no magazine should hold more than 5 rounds.

Those people are definitely NOT on my 2nd Amendment Team.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2021, 06:47:25 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Problem solved. Great pocket revolver.  15 ounces empty. Amazingly accurate.

6 rounds of .38 +P. (+P ok for occasional use). No safety. Always ready. No chambering a round. .38 +P  = good 9mm.

If you need 15 rounds of 9mm, I can’t help you.

I own a SW .38 that looks very similar to that, which was handed down to me. It was my Fathers Service revolver for 25+ years.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2021, 07:22:30 PM »
S&W never made one that light until the Scandium ones. They never managed a 6 shot cylinder in a pocket.38 either.

Colts for me. I have started collecting these.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2021, 10:02:46 PM »
Oh, and all gun owners are NOT on the same team.

There are Effing Idiot NRA members that state no civilian person should own a Modern Sporting Rifle (AR) and no magazine should hold more than 5 rounds.

Those people are definitely NOT on my 2nd Amendment Team.

Interesting... The NRA drawing coming up has some really nice ARs in it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2021, 11:27:24 PM »
where have you been, dinosaur have been extinct for millions of years.

semp
:rofl   I needed that,Brother   now come over and clean my monitor, someone spit Copenhagen all over it :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TheRobbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2021, 05:22:28 AM »
I used to be very anti-gun. Not anymore. Since this Covid stuff happened I have changed my mind. When the starving mobs come to my door for my last can of corn, they better watch out. And I am not kidding. I have completely did a 180 on the whole gun issue. My daughters like to make fun of me for changing so quickly because I used to complain about my grand-kids being taught to use guns before they were 10 (by their other Pap), now I am glad they were taught and my 12 year old Grand boy got first deer the other day. So far they haven't slung me any deer jerky but I am still waiting. Back to the original topic...i am undecided about it. i don't have a handgun. just a shotgun.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:24:18 AM by TheRobbler »
Scared aka Friend aka Booger.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2021, 10:02:38 AM »
The only "pocket" revolver I have had experience with was a S&W 642. I am not a fan of having an exposed hammer on something going in a pocket. Too easy to snag on the draw. Having 6 rather than 5 is nice but for that my old model 66 2.5" was a better choice but not a pocket gun as it was a K frame with a hammer and moveable sights.

I have never been a colt revolver fan. They were always too high priced for my blood back on the day. I think a Python is very pretty but I'm not going to spend that kind of money for one, either old style (fragile) or the new version. If I were going to spend that amount I'd look for a nice semi custom 9mm pistol and optical sights now that the eyes have gotten well into their 6th decade.

I thought the SCCY semi's in 9mm with optical (red dot) sights was a really smart move for those folks. A tad large for pocket carry in jeans but a smart move to put a red dot on a bargain price handgun to try out the red dot without having to modify a gun you already own before deciding it they are for you or not. I was impressed and when I tried one at the local range the trigger pull wasn't bad. Of course I am an old school wheel gunner from the 70's so a double action trigger pull isn't a big deal. Easy to shoot and more than accurate enough for a very small handgun. They have since come out with a striker fired version (ala Glock) also can be had with optics but I have never seen one in a shop or gunbroker yet. I'm thinking they had "teething" problems and pulled them back for redesign or something.

Given how red dots are being accepted for duty use by several departments I am convinced they are the next version of the normal handgun for the near future.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2021, 11:29:23 AM »
The only "pocket" revolver I have had experience with was a S&W 642. I am not a fan of having an exposed hammer on something going in a pocket. Too easy to snag on the draw. Having 6 rather than 5 is nice but for that my old model 66 2.5" was a better choice but not a pocket gun as it was a K frame with a hammer and moveable sights.

Mav, I have put the Colts in the pocket holsters (DeSantis Nemesis, Uncle Mike's cheapo) and have practiced withdrawing the same. I don't carry anything else in that pocket and snagging has not been a problem. Not saying it couldn't but it comes out easy. And, yes, 6 is better than 5 in a lighter package.

Additionally, Colt made a hammer shroud for the DS/Agent/Cobra that essentially makes them hammerless and adds a bit over an ounce. They are available and retrofit easily. You can still cock the hammer and go single action too.

Revolvers almost never ever jam, you don't have to worry about working a slide to chamber a round, you can actually carry in a jacket pocket and fire multiple times from within the pocket if you had too. That usually won't work with a semi auto. As a plus, it's light, < 20 oz loaded. I find that while I have a safe full of handguns, I don't carry the heavy ones, I carry the lightest.

The beauty is there's a plethora of pocket pistols from which to choose. The Agent works well for what I need. YMMV, so pick what works for you.