Author Topic: To explode some heads.  (Read 10718 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
To explode some heads.
« on: December 29, 2020, 05:16:44 PM »
President Trump has ended former President Obama's 12-year run as the most admired man in America, edging out his predecessor in the annual Gallup survey released Tuesday.
Eighteen percent of the survey's respondents named Trump as their most admired man, compared to 15 percent who named Obama and 6 percent who named President-elect Joe Biden. Three percent named National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci, while 2 percent chose Pope Francis.

Rounding out the top 10 were Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Microsoft founder Bill Gates, Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James and the Dalai Lama, all of whom received 1 percent.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: To explode some heads.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 05:22:39 PM »

LoL.

Apparently more Trumpkins vote in internet polls than elections.  Too bad we don't award the Presidency based on that. :rofl

Besides the poll is obvious crap.  Zack is nowhere on that list.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 05:55:47 PM »
Donald Trump ranked worst president in US history by nearly 200 political scientists
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-worst-president-presidential-greatness-survey-president-s-day-obama-george-washington-a8218721.html

Nearly 200 of America's top political scientists have voted Donald Trump the worst president in US history.

According to the 2018 Presidents & Executive Politics Presidential Greatness Survey, Mr Trump ranks even lower than disgraced President Richard Nixon – even among conservatives. Abraham Lincoln, unsurprisingly, takes the top prize. Mr Nixon sits at 33.

The study, conducted every four years, surveys social science researchers from the American Political Science Association’s section on presidents and executive politics. It asks the experts to rank each president’s greatness on a scale of 0 to 100, with 100 being great, 50 being average, and 0 being a total failure.

Mr Trump averaged a score of 12.34, bumping James Buchanan – the president who saw the US descend into the Civil War – out of the bottom spot. The result comes just months after Trump finished his first year in office as the most unpopular president in modern history.

I doubt his ranking has improved.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 06:35:21 PM »
<Sad Trombone>Whaa Wha Wha Whaaaaaaaaaaa</Sad Trombone>

Trump's approval rating has dipped to 39 percent, a 7 point decrease from the last Gallup survey

https://www.nationalmemo.com/gallup-poll-trump

:rofl
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 07:03:55 PM »
Mine would be the beard of Mel Gibson:

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 08:27:35 PM »
President Trump has ended former President Obama's 12-year run as the most admired man in America, edging out his predecessor in the annual Gallup survey released Tuesday.
Eighteen percent of the survey's respondents named Trump as their most admired man, compared to 15 percent who named Obama and 6 percent who named President-elect Joe Biden. Three percent named National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci, while 2 percent chose Pope Francis.

Rounding out the top 10 were Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Microsoft founder Bill Gates, Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James and the Dalai Lama, all of whom received 1 percent.

Trump is certainly a popular figure however I think it important that we add perspective to the results.  According to Wikipedia this poll has been conducted every year since 1948 with the exception of 1967.  The sitting president has won the poll in 60 of the 73 polls.  In fact the only president to not be awarded top spot was Gerald Ford, every other president won several times so Donald Trump kinda bucked the trend by not being voted top until the end of his tenancy.

I take these sorts of polls with a pinch of salt though because the most admired woman has been awarded to Hillary Clinton 22 times with 2nd place going to Elanor Roosevelt on 13 and then everyone else in single figures.

So let's congratulate Trump on his win and Clinton on her record.  :)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 08:46:17 PM »
Ahhhh media bias.  I know we have debated it on this forum and no matter how much we dislike it it will always be present which is why it is important to try to get information from a variety of sources.

A media outlet over here which is aligned to CNN has reported the same Gallup poll but their headline is different:

Melania loses award to Michelle Obama Third year in a row

The headline is factual however shows just how bias is introduced to skew the story.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2020, 09:41:16 PM »
Ahhhh media bias.  I know we have debated it on this forum and no matter how much we dislike it it will always be present which is why it is important to try to get information from a variety of sources.

A media outlet over here which is aligned to CNN has reported the same Gallup poll but their headline is different:

Melania loses award to Michelle Obama Third year in a row

The headline is factual however shows just how bias is introduced to skew the story.

name one that isnt biased one way or another.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 09:52:47 PM »
In France they always blamed the President for everything. If beet prices fell the farmers would dump truckloads of beets at the palace. In America, we blame the man in charge for every weather change. Trump will continue to get bad press. Biden will get good press and will be hated even more. It's just the way it works.

Toyota is about to take Musk's fire away. Such is life.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2020, 10:47:35 PM »

semp

Yep, exactly my point.  I guess they think it makes boring reading if they just present the facts.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2020, 11:10:45 PM »
Yep, exactly my point.  I guess they think it makes boring reading if they just present the facts.

guess the point is if you dont like the facts then you call them biased.

semp

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 12:41:29 AM »
guess the point is if you dont like the facts then you call them biased.

semp

You appear to be picking a fight. Lol.  Go back, read my posts in this thread again but with an open mind.

The media bias in this case is that the language used seeks to put Melania Trump down rather simply report the fact that Michelle Obama was voted most popular woman and Melania was voted 2nd most popular.

The bias is not about inaccurate facts it is the sentiment with which it is reported.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 01:14:59 AM »
You appear to be picking a fight. Lol.  Go back, read my posts in this thread again but with an open mind.

The media bias in this case is that the language used seeks to put Melania Trump down rather simply report the fact that Michelle Obama was voted most popular woman and Melania was voted 2nd most popular.

The bias is not about inaccurate facts it is the sentiment with which it is reported.

well since all the news stories that i have read pointed to Trump being on top not sure what to tell you

semp

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 01:22:30 AM »

semp

Very true, but for every 1 conservative media outlet there are at least 10 liberal.  Just sticking to the facts.   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 01:33:37 AM »
Very true, but for every 1 conservative media outlet there are at least 10 liberal.  Just sticking to the facts.

so the facts are that conservatives dont care to bring up more media outlets?

semp