Author Topic: New/Beginner/No Sim Flight Experience Arenas  (Read 520 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
New/Beginner/No Sim Flight Experience Arenas
« on: January 25, 2021, 03:43:14 PM »
After plenty of thought based on many player's ideas and specifically Capt Trips hand in the WW1 Western Front arena, the best approach for recruiting, training and retaining players would be the implantation of AI training arenas.  All are both Offline and FREE online.

1) Ground School Arena

This arena is designed through a tutorial instruction plan for learning how the game works (customize settings, navigating hangar selection, launching aircraft from runway and hangar, manual takeoff, landing, taxiing, rearming etc...). 

2) Fighter Weapons School (Top Gun)

This arena is designed for air to air and air to ground training.  Enemy AI aircraft, ships and ground vehicles are supplied for players to learn how to attack.  Areas can be set apart for specific training (fighter vs fighter, fighter vs bomber, fighter vs ship, fighter vs ground vehicle).

3) Bomber Alley School

This arena is designed for all types of ground target destruction.  Enemy AI fighters are supplied for learning bomber defense.

4) Tanker School

This arena is designed for all types of ground vehicles including PT boat.  Enemy AI ground vehicles and attack fighters are supplied for players to attack.  PT boats get CV fleets and AI fighters.

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: New/Beginner/No Sim Flight Experience Arenas
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 03:51:34 PM »
Hitech has already started thinking along those lines.....

Are you speaking of the multiple player made suggestions that are implemented in the next release?

Simply because I disagree with your view about an idea, don't think I'm not always looking for player ideas.

Normally I don't post on topics like this because no matter what I give as reason people in favor will simply ignore my reasons and continue to argue for what they think is a good idea.

First you must realize that you and I do not have the same goals. You goal is to maximize players in the arena. The best way to accomplish your goal is to simply make all free. My ultimate goal is to maximize profits.

But This time I will break the normal and post my thoughts.

I do not believe it would have and positive effect on player conversion. (I.E. convert free to paying player)
Look at the augments in this thread about time to learn and frustration of not getting kills. So now you propose a new player fly a less capable plane to succeed?
And statements like this.

Are simply way off the mark, if a someone is angry that all parts are not free forever , then they would never be a subscriber no matter  what we did. They would also be upset that all planes were not free.
It also ignores how the word free attached to the game entice people to download and try and take a look. If we did not use the free hook then the person you are describe who get pissed off, would never even download the game.

We do not even ask for your name while many free trials require a credit card and will automatically subscribe after the trial. You to come try Aces High no strings attached.

Now also do not think I believe everything  is fine. The core issue remains how to raise the conversion % of players who down load to players who become a paying subscriber. With out raising this % any suggestion of advertise increase are not doable because the ROI on the advertising does not make it. We currently get plenty of people downloading and trying the game. The issue is that our conversion ratio is about 1/2 what it used to be. In reality the %  is lower then when we advertised a lot, because simply finding us now (with out advertising ) means you are better disposed to become a subscriber. If I can find a way to double that conversion suddenly we are growing quickly again and advertising becomes worth the cost.

My current thoughts involve methods of forcing new players threw automated training thus giving them a felling of progressing and accomplishments before being thrown into the main arena.

HiTech

I dont know how detailed his thoughts are or what he is already implementing.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: New/Beginner/No Sim Flight Experience Arenas
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 05:21:49 PM »
Maybe he has something like that planned.  I do like to toss out ideas into the ring. 
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?