Author Topic: Rift S Head Position / Goggle remove  (Read 851 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Rift S Head Position / Goggle remove
« on: February 05, 2021, 02:08:58 PM »
I am sure there is a simple fix.  I just can't find the settings.

With the Rift S.

It appears the settings create a situation in which I have to stand.  I am okay with this setting for other games.

For AH, this doesn't work for me.

When I begin the game (AH) I am prompted to be sitting and in position to play the game.  I click OK and all is well.

Where I run into problems is if I have to remove the headset and it defaults to non VR in game, when I put the headset back on, it defaults to a "standing position".

In other words, I am automatically set low in the cockpit and have to stand up to see out the reticle, etc...

Is there something in game I can set to prevent this or is this an Occulus Rift S set up problem?  And if it is a rift issue, I haven't figured out how to go back and reconfigure so I am sitting for everything.

Any pointers are appreciated. 

All I can say is, "WOW" at what VR can do for the game.  It is unbelievably realistic. 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Rift S Head Position / Goggle remove
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 05:25:14 PM »
Have you not set up your play area in the oculus software? Usually it's gonna bug ya til you do that at least once.  You can center your head position in oculus dash by hitting the oculus button on the right touch controller. Ditto for steamvr if you're using that. Think in steam you can set the floor position and tell it whether you're sitting or standing.

In game you have to set your head position in VR. There isn't a universal one, you'll have to do it for each plane, hangar, tower etc. I just move my head where I want it and save it with F10. Once you've done that just hit the recenter button(good idea to map one) and it'll fix it.

I also highly recommend a program called voice attack. Great for freeing you from trying to type in VR. Great for simple commands, not so great for dictation. I have a command set where I just say "save head position" and it types F10. Done! I forget the command for recenter but I think it's alt+F5.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 07:22:53 PM »
CNTRL + F4!!!  Just found it.

I mapped it to my stick since I have so many free buttons now!  LOL

Taking some getting used to but I've been winning fights now.  This is absolutely amazing!!!
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 07:33:30 PM »
CNTRL + F4!!!  Just found it.

I mapped it to my stick since I have so many free buttons now!  LOL

Taking some getting used to but I've been winning fights now.  This is absolutely amazing!!!

Dude, VR is literally the thing that brought me back into this game last year, and it is ALL it is cracked up to me, simply amazing is right. Happy to be on your team, bro!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 08:54:08 PM »
Dude, VR is literally the thing that brought me back into this game last year, and it is ALL it is cracked up to me, simply amazing is right. Happy to be on your team, bro!

I don't recall ever landing more than 5 kills (of planes) before.  Today, in the 190D I scored 6!!!  The clarity and "feel" is real.  I am a believer.  I was never going to leave the game but I admittedly haven't been on a lot.  This VR just changed that.  A whole new world!   :rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 03:07:04 AM »
I don't recall ever landing more than 5 kills (of planes) before.  Today, in the 190D I scored 6!!!  The clarity and "feel" is real.  I am a believer.  I was never going to leave the game but I admittedly haven't been on a lot.  This VR just changed that.  A whole new world!   :rock
CHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!  :rofl Like you AKs arent a Handful as IS!!!!  :rofl   Dang it Wild Turkey 101...what have I done??? Kidding of coarse!!!!!!!!! "admittedly haven't been on a lot. This VR changed that."!!!!!!!!!!! Mission Accomplished  :airplane: I'd fly with you any time, to sort out any problems/Practice!!! I had my CK1 a couple of days before "The Longest Day" 12 hour scenario 2016/17? Flew 11 hours...talk about Muscle Memory...more like Therapy!! My neck was sore for a week!!!!! IMHO...HT has the best VR implementation BAR NONE! The ability to still use "Hat Switch/Key Board" views!    This Post made my DAY!!!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 03:27:53 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 10:43:16 PM »
CHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!  :rofl Like you AKs arent a Handful as IS!!!!  :rofl   Dang it Wild Turkey 101...what have I done??? Kidding of coarse!!!!!!!!! "admittedly haven't been on a lot. This VR changed that."!!!!!!!!!!! Mission Accomplished  :airplane: I'd fly with you any time, to sort out any problems/Practice!!! I had my CK1 a couple of days before "The Longest Day" 12 hour scenario 2016/17? Flew 11 hours...talk about Muscle Memory...more like Therapy!! My neck was sore for a week!!!!! IMHO...HT has the best VR implementation BAR NONE! The ability to still use "Hat Switch/Key Board" views!    This Post made my DAY!!!!
Keeping that rear view hat set up is a life saver lmao
Kommando Nowotny
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 01:15:02 PM »
Keeping that rear view hat set up is a life saver lmao

I actually wound up going back to having a full hat setup with the cardinal directions and up.  You can also save the head positions when you push a direction button with F10 just like you can without VR.  Makes the F4U and similar planes a lot easier to see out of.  Only problem is I've been using TIR so long, I haven't got a really good grasp of where the guy is when I'm using the hat views.  It's taking me a bit to retrain the brain, but looking out from 3 to 9 o'clock, VR is just awesome.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11