Author Topic: Salvo Option  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Salvo Option
« on: February 06, 2021, 07:07:41 AM »
I would like a way to change Salvo without having to type a dot command. Thanks

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Salvo Option
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 11:39:13 AM »
It is pretty easy now.... and you can do it on the fly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 02:18:24 PM »
Voice attack. It'll type the command for you. Just say "Salvo 1". Set it up to type ./salvo 1 <enter>  when you say that. Done. It's a program indispensable for VR but works whether you have it or not. Especially great if you lack extra buttons on your stick setup.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 11:36:38 AM »
Ahhh for VR.... that is different of course.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 03:29:23 PM »
Ahhh for VR.... that is different of course.
its big for VR. Which is the new market. SHUFFLER,  I am beginning to think you are hitech incognito and just giving g thumbs down to everything that way you down have to do any coding work. Either that or you are just irrelevant and angry. Take care.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 03:38:01 PM »
Just because the program was developed for VR doesn't mean you HAVE to use it for VR. You can config commands for any program or window. I haven't much luck trying to actually type with it but for short commands it works great. Saves a lot of typing if you're otherwise occupied.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 03:46:53 PM »
its big for VR. Which is the new market. SHUFFLER,  I am beginning to think you are hitech incognito and just giving g thumbs down to everything that way you down have to do any coding work. Either that or you are just irrelevant and angry. Take care.

I thought you were just being extremely lazy. The VR side of it makes sense. Perhaps you should mention VR when you post ideas. That would go a long way to explain why your idea would be relevant.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 05:46:34 PM »
I don't currently use vr, also not lazy. So.etimes don't have time to change Salvo on the fly while dealing navigation, co s and calibration.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 07:01:20 PM »
I don't currently use vr, also not lazy. So.etimes don't have time to change Salvo on the fly while dealing navigation, co s and calibration.

So you don't have time..... I don't see anything that will help that. Attacking me just makes you look obtuse.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 07:20:23 PM »
So you don't have time..... I don't see anything that will help that. Attacking me just makes you look obtuse.
I apologize that my consistent observation of your inability to digest other peoples ideas bothers you. This would be a simple upgrade to the system on board heavy bombers.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 11:04:47 PM »
I apologize that my consistent observation of your inability to digest other peoples ideas bothers you. This would be a simple upgrade to the system on board heavy bombers.

Again you fail on so many levels. Nothing here "bothers me".
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 01:22:36 AM »

peanut, you are wrong.  fastest way in the game is a dot command, anything else would require a mouse and click.  and that is because most keys are already programed in the game to something else.

now outside of that the fastest is to get a keyboard with programing commands, that's what I have.  set your salvos at the push of a button.  other than that wait till somebody invents a way to read your thoughts.

semp
semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2021, 11:00:09 AM »
peanut, you are wrong.  fastest way in the game is a dot command, anything else would require a mouse and click.  and that is because most keys are already programed in the game to something else.

now outside of that the fastest is to get a keyboard with programing commands, that's what I have.  set your salvos at the push of a button.  other than that wait till somebody invents a way to read your thoughts.

semp
semp
why not have a Salvo button that let's you cycle through Salvo? You guys seem to think this is a complicated idea. old and irrelevant ?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »
why not have a Salvo button that let's you cycle through Salvo? You guys seem to think this is a complicated idea. old and irrelevant ?

because you already have that option. press b twice for salvo 2, 3...

salvos are usually set while climbing way before you get to target.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2021, 12:13:36 PM »
It's easy enough for me as I have a stick with more buttons than a little bit and software for it that's awesome. I have one hat set with select secondary, salvo 1, 2 and 4 and fire/drop. So it can be done as you say but the dot commands are what they are. You need something you can assign a macro to a button press and there you go.

If you have a basic stick you're gonna need what buttons you have to do the actually important stuff I'd think. Maybe something like joystick gremlin would do it? Don't know if that does macros. I know the CH control manager does which is why I still use it for my throttle but that's exclusively for CH stuff.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"