Author Topic: New Side Balancing Attempt Pfffft  (Read 3070 times)

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
New Side Balancing Attempt Pfffft
« on: February 07, 2021, 03:18:17 AM »
The new lame side balancing incentives do absolutely NOTHING to stop two sides from double-teaming the smaller side.

Nice try though.

BTW:  I play everyday.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: New Side Balancing Attempt Pfffft
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 05:11:11 AM »
Teams are staying even.

Map is stale
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 05:51:02 AM »
I havent experienced this? However, the "Focus on insert chess piece" double teaming is a thing. Its been like that, for as long as I can remember, especially on weekends.
Numbers have been pretty much even, +/_ 3 or 4 players. IMHO...it is working just fine.
I mean really...loose a map...a base...whatever, it will come back around. Dont take it so personal! With even numbers, the Tide is sure to turn!  At least the Griping on 200 about ENY has been pretty much Non-existing  :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 09:29:22 AM »
Better to be double teamed by even numbered teams than by 2 teams that outnumber you...

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 09:45:59 AM »
I wonder what would happen if one side was axis and one side was allied planes with the side balance thing?

It seems it would be easy to set up.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 09:52:00 AM »
Literally every time I’ve been online the teams have been even.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 09:57:04 AM »
I wonder what would happen if one side was axis and one side was allied planes with the side balance thing?

Hardest part is finding enough players that want that setup. Axis vs Allied arena has been there with little interest.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 09:58:03 AM »
I havent experienced this? However, the "Focus on insert chess piece" double teaming is a thing. Its been like that, for as long as I can remember, especially on weekends.
Numbers have been pretty much even, +/_ 3 or 4 players. IMHO...it is working just fine.
I mean really...loose a map...a base...whatever, it will come back around. Dont take it so personal! With even numbers, the Tide is sure to turn!  At least the Griping on 200 about ENY has been pretty much Non-existing  :aok

Your "Happy go Lucky " attitude works for you, but some players like the OP play this game for the "Win the War" play. While both ways to play are fine, the OP shouldnt be brushed aside because his play style is different.

Last night the Bish were getting hit by hordes on both fronts for most of the night. Once they got together and started defending the Rooks moved up north to try and grab bases from the Knights, which they did because the Knights were slow to defend. But once they did the Knight/Bish front went dead and the Bish started getting bases back on the Rook/Bish front. As the night wore on the numbers tho fairly close to even all night begain to dwindle and the fights and base captures sputtered to a stop.

While the numbers are looking even you still run into the "ganging" of one team. Last night it was the Bish getting ganged until the Rooks moved to the other front and then Im sure the Rooks thought they were getting ganged. Id like to see a base capture limit set up.

One team can only take 2 bases from one team before they must switch and take a base from the other team. This way one team may be under attack from both sides but relief will come once one of them captures 2 base and MUST move to the other front. No longer will you see two teams ganging up on one team and taking bases until they are down to 30% of their own bases before they turn to race each other for the win. Plus it keeps the fights moving around the map so everyone gets some fights. 

The game would close in a couple weeks. They would leave in droves if history can be counted.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 10:00:51 AM »
Hardest part is finding enough players that want that setup. Axis vs Allied arena has been there with little interest.

I thought Axis vs Allied arena was a very limited plane set?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 11:48:10 AM »
The new lame side balancing incentives do absolutely NOTHING to stop two sides from double-teaming the smaller side.

Nice try though.

BTW:  I play everyday.

Your problem is people... not the game. This attempt at side balancing has been very successful.

Of course a side will usually attack the enemy who owns most of it's bases. So if a team owns most bases of both of their enemies, that would make sense.

I switch so my side has ALWAYS been outnumbered.  :D With the new system.... that is great. No shortage of fights.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:53:05 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 11:53:17 AM »
Better to be double teamed by even numbered teams than by 2 teams that outnumber you...
:aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 12:40:04 PM »
fugitive, it's all a matter of opinion. last night when i logged in the bishops were hording the rooks in a sense they had more numbers.  I was a rook got a few kills then got switched to bishops in the same area. now the rooks had the numbers, so i helped defend the same area I had just attacked.

I had fun. eventually i switched to knights by then there was no fights anywhere on the knight front so I logged.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 04:24:43 PM »
Not exactly sure where you got, that I was brushing off the OPs opinion?  I play both styles, Win the War and KILL the Read Guys.   If missions are up, I AM IN. VH needs to go down at supporting base, i am in.   Furball...yup...I am in. I love it all. I dont need to swap sides to find something I enjoy doing in AH..maybe I am just weird like that :joystick:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2021, 04:43:45 PM »
I thought Axis vs Allied arena was a very limited plane set?

Not always. When requests are made certain equipment may be enabled.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 04:52:30 PM »
... and the ENY... the numbers may be more even in action on the map but Tower jockeys still kill the ENY. Today (noon pst) Bish were 46% Knights were 26% and Rooks were 28%  people in combat was fairly even but our side had half the available aircraft blocked out to mostly mid-war and earlier hardware.
Why can’t we have an idle time out in the game so that if you sit in the tower or camp for more than 15 minutes you are warned then booted? Simply moving a vehicle (vehicle in motion wouldn’t even start a timer) or it’s gun (effectively allowing an alert camper) would reset the timer. In this scenario there wouldn’t have been any ENY penalty. Just a thought.
"Harden The F_ck Up”