Author Topic: What is the MA GV game like?  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
What is the MA GV game like?
« on: February 08, 2021, 04:57:28 PM »
I asked this on the AH3 Facebook Group as well.

What is the MA GV game like? Pretty Constant? Good Fights?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: What is the MA GV game like?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 05:18:33 PM »
Depends on the map.  Really like everything in this game when it comes to the enjoyment factor.

IMO

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 05:49:22 PM »
Im really bad in GVs but usually around 9 to 12 PST there can be GV battles to be had on certain bases. Usually maps with good tank towns or V base to V base spawn. It feels since the Auto balance "mercenary" team update - we have only seen 3 maps though, so not sure how the new auto-switch/mercenary system will affect if you kill someone, they might get team switched and revenge bomb**** you.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 07:57:56 PM »
i don't gv, but it's good for dr7,mothman and tyfoo.  rest are just bait. but they all seem to have fun.

but yeah gv action depends on map.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 08:07:01 PM »
    There have been some good battles especially with the 3 center GV bases on a map. Plenty of hills and hiding places. Though some bomb**** will fly out there on occasion.
   Often the GV engagement will end with one shot that you may or may not hear though. Differs from WOT where you will take some damage before your ultimate demise. I would like to see more of a damage model tank to tank. There is a damage model when your tank or wirble is hit by aircraft. I hit a Tank twice and no damage to it only to be killed by it is also a common complaint.
    I have a hard time spotting an enemy in open country and having a spotter in the air is a great asset. When one is moving and the enemy is shut down they hear you coming.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 09:56:38 PM »
Im really bad in GVs but usually around 9 to 12 PST there can be GV battles to be had on certain bases. Usually maps with good tank towns or V base to V base spawn. It feels since the Auto balance "mercenary" team update - we have only seen 3 maps though, so not sure how the new auto-switch/mercenary system will affect if you kill someone, they might get team switched and revenge bomb**** you.
If they get team switched, they will be fighting on your side.

If I am in a GV..... someone will be getting kills.    :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 10:35:56 PM »
Can be great at times on some maps.

Overall though the big increase in trees, vegetation and random villages have made it hard to find good GV fights on most of the maps.

Also the distance between spawns just for GV fights are long.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 08:37:18 AM »
Bush ninjas that hide for untold amounts of time took the gv game downhill in Aces High.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 08:56:41 AM »
I GV’ed some last night for the first time since my return. I found the ground detail to be much improved from several years ago. Plenty of trees, buildings, etc to play cat and mouse in. I didn’t Gv long, but I did enjoy it!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 04:18:47 PM »
On the NORTHCO map there are spawns from each country to the far southeast corner of the map, where there is a GV playground far away from bombt***ds and aircraft pilot comms.  Haven't seen anyone use it, but it's there.   :D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 04:33:13 PM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 10:47:24 PM »
I do a lot of gving, and as mentioned earlier, it depends on the map to some degree. No two spawns are the same so it is always a challenge. The tank towns on all the maps IMHO are just a wast of time, don't spend any time there much myself. Nothing like the AH2 maps, I remember Crater map and the tank town there. Now THERE was a tank town, on any given day, you would have 30 to 50 tanks on each side. Now in AH3 Crater tank town is pretty much dead, you might see 2 to 5 tanks there maybe. We still have the "lurkers" that spawn in and hide just to make the base flash, and we have the spawn campers (I am one when needed), I enjoy trying to bust the spawn campers  personally. What I really enjoy is taking a T34/85 with lots of HE and going to an enemy base, take out the VH and the ords, then deack the base and shoot any plane trying to take off, while my team mates capture the base. :x
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 11:35:01 PM »
I do a lot of gving, and as mentioned earlier, it depends on the map to some degree. No two spawns are the same so it is always a challenge. The tank towns on all the maps IMHO are just a wast of time, don't spend any time there much myself. Nothing like the AH2 maps, I remember Crater map and the tank town there. Now THERE was a tank town, on any given day, you would have 30 to 50 tanks on each side. Now in AH3 Crater tank town is pretty much dead, you might see 2 to 5 tanks there maybe. We still have the "lurkers" that spawn in and hide just to make the base flash, and we have the spawn campers (I am one when needed), I enjoy trying to bust the spawn campers  personally. What I really enjoy is taking a T34/85 with lots of HE and going to an enemy base, take out the VH and the ords, then deack the base and shoot any plane trying to take off, while my team mates capture the base. :x

Yeah, kinda hard to get 30-50 people in tank town with only 100-150 players on. We spawned into the “TT” on one of the maps a couple of nights ago and had a pretty good GV fight with about 12 total players.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline XEROX

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 12:23:10 PM »
GV fights are fun-BUT- much harder compared to air fights. You dont know where there are exactly and before you spot them you get blown away.

A good graphic card is essential to survive...

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 12:54:15 PM »
If I may ask. You say you all like the GV aspect, but I never see you in AvA on Thursdays for Tank Wars. Is it my setups? Is it just us? What can we do to make it more fun? I am trying to build it back up and would love some input on this. Thank you!!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 02:18:58 PM »

Kenai I was the victim of your vulching good sir, not a fun time :)
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag