Author Topic: Bombing in vr  (Read 907 times)

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Bombing in vr
« on: March 05, 2021, 09:36:28 PM »
How in the hell do you do it.?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Bombing in vr
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 04:28:06 AM »
VoiceAttack App!   
Assuming you mean in BOMBERS? Once you go into F6/Bomb sight mode, you need to move your head, actually bend neck like you are looking DOWN/Leaning over to look  through the Bomb Sight!
 I use Voice Attack for Salvo, Delay and even Calibration commands. Takes some training of Window's Speech to Text engine, but works just fine!
  Also, just incase you werent aware....Recently/Since your absence, "Auto Mode Swap" was instituted...so you need to make sure your Key Mappings are set for each mode, if you dont want to try VoiceAttack :aok
If you are talking about Dive Bombing.....VR radically changed my "Release Points". Best answer I can give ya...Off Line Drones/as tanks, or Town buildings and Hangers! Use the Dive Bombing Sight, Check box in Flight mode Flags under Arena set up.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 04:40:55 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 09:37:20 AM »
I use voice attack for this too. Have commands set up for everything and it works great. I even have commands to hold Y for 30 secs, a minute or stop Y. Took me a while to figure out you actually have to be looking down to use the sight. Only thing I haven't been able to get to work in VR is getting the sight to slew out ahead in calibration mode. I move the stick and nothing happens. Bombing mode says the stick selected. Sight is just stuck. The good news is I'm rarely in the mud moving business but it happens in FSO. I'll just drop when one of the other guys does and hope for the best. I wreck a lot of lawns that way!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 01:00:20 PM »
I use voice attack for this too. Have commands set up for everything and it works great. I even have commands to hold Y for 30 secs, a minute or stop Y. Took me a while to figure out you actually have to be looking down to use the sight. Only thing I haven't been able to get to work in VR is getting the sight to slew out ahead in calibration mode. I move the stick and nothing happens. Bombing mode says the stick selected. Sight is just stuck. The good news is I'm rarely in the mud moving business but it happens in FSO. I'll just drop when one of the other guys does and hope for the best. I wreck a lot of lawns that way!

I appreciate the reply from both of you...my big isue is that the calibration information text is terribly blurry...

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 01:22:03 PM »
That's gonna be something in the AA settings. I honestly forget which but I had the same problem with the text before I changed it. Had the icons blurry too.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 03:39:55 AM »
Yes, same for me! I just go by the ESB...making sure "Climb Rate" is ZERO. This works for me, never had an accuracy problem. Makes you need to get in best line up, a bit sooner...to get stable, but this works for me quite well!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 03:54:03 AM »

Why would you do that? Checking "Line Up"? I have this happen sometimes, just Fri evening for example lol  Been a while since I flew a Bomber. Voice attack missed the "HOLD Y" application? This dont look right? I was holding some Stick input I think? Ground was moving Left to Right instead of Direction of travel? Hit U and Y again... CRAP I AM THERE..it worked out...ESB method didnt need to LOOONNNG "Y" hold. The "Sight is stuck"? It looks like that when you "hold Y"....its supposed too. I used MANUAL Calibration for 5 years, until I noticed "Auto Calibration"through holding Y! That process was moving cross hair to a spot, and maintaining "The Lock on" to that spot as long as you could. Still works like that now
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 03:57:37 AM by 1stpar3 »

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 06:13:42 AM »
Yeah tried going into and out of calibration a bunch. Stick doesn't move the sight. The idea is you move the cross hairs to a spot and then hold Y on it. I haven't been able to get to the cross hair on the spot part to get to holding Y. And have also had it moving sideways sometimes too. If I flew bombers other than occasionally I'd have figured this out already. It's something stupid. Prolly just me!

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 08:57:10 AM »
What about dive bombing and rockets?

Anyone else think the aim is off on these in VR or I might just suck that bad at it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 10:00:02 AM »
What about dive bombing and rockets?

Anyone else think the aim is off on these in VR or I might just suck that bad at it

Eagler

My deliveries are more accurate and predictable in VR.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 10:07:41 AM »
Oh BTW I figured out my bombsight issue. I'd had auto mode swap disabled after an update where as soon as I went to that mode crazy stuff was happening like shooting all the guns. That was a long while ago. I'd copied over from mode 1 but hadn't checked the box so it didn't know I was in bombing mode. Got it going now. Still suck at it but not like I get a lot of practice.

For dive bombing and rockets I'm always sure to recenter my forward view in VR when starting the run. That way the gunsight is where it's supposed to be.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 01:50:55 AM »
Oh BTW I figured out my bombsight issue. I'd had auto mode swap disabled after an update where as soon as I went to that mode crazy stuff was happening like shooting all the guns. That was a long while ago. I'd copied over from mode 1 but hadn't checked the box so it didn't know I was in bombing mode. Got it going now. Still suck at it but not like I get a lot of practice.

For dive bombing and rockets I'm always sure to recenter my forward view in VR when starting the run. That way the gunsight is where it's supposed to be.

<<<<<THIS! Might only "Off" just a bit. More that willing to show how I do it?!! Give Me Spit, or Give Me Death!!! Spit carries 3 bombs. I am pretty efficient with that crate!!!