Author Topic: Masterjock aka Airstud Dr7 R.I.P.  (Read 1212 times)

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
Masterjock aka Airstud Dr7 R.I.P.
« on: March 07, 2021, 12:24:56 AM »
 I just heard the awful news about Dr7 (David). My eyes fill with tears when Fatty told me the news and my heart is heavy with sadness . Dr7 was a true Icon and a legend of this game. He was the reason I quit flying as much and began Gv ing full time. I go by masterjock in the forums but in the game I play as Airstud. I have so many memories of fighting great battles against and with Dr7 you just can't imagine. Dr7 taught me how to be a good gv'er giving me advice and happy to answer the occasional question I might have. Dr7 was calm spoken but a fierce competitor and in later years my team mate. Dam shame to loose him.  <S> Dr7 R.I.P old friend. <S> to my many friends I see still playing luv you all, hope life is good and your families are well!! Your Friend always, Airstud (James Micheal)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Re: Masterjock aka Airstud Dr7 R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 11:31:13 AM »
You going to play again Airstud?

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 11:40:26 AM »
Wow. First time I look at BBS in literally years, deciding to return or not, and I see this. Very sad news indeed, he was the nemesis of all in those amazing hiding places.
Bob

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 09:36:11 PM »
Wow. First time I look at BBS in literally years, deciding to return or not, and I see this. Very sad news indeed, he was the nemesis of all in those amazing hiding places.

Bullitt did a fine job of showing how us older types should be re-congregating.  See his thread, here:  https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,402570.0.html

- oldman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 04:41:08 AM »
OK GUYS! GET IN HERE ALREADY!!! BACK I SAY! I cant remember you guys, if I never fought you guys! Just saying! :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 04:31:23 PM »
Hope to see you back in there soon Airstud   <S>

been a long time. 

Too many M-8's running around   :D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 04:59:46 PM »
It will take awhile to get over the loss of our buddy Dr7. 

:salute

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 05:02:48 PM »
It will take awhile to get over the loss of our buddy Dr7. 

:salute

During his memorial at the end we did a little tank-camping party at the hanger. I don't remember laughing and tearing up at the same time ever in my life.

<S>
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 05:38:38 PM »
During his memorial at the end we did a little tank-camping party at the hanger. I don't remember laughing and tearing up at the same time ever in my life.

<S>

That was a good time.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 09:50:12 PM »
Btw Airstud

There is still one map where you can climb the wall with your GV ( hint: not CraterMA )  :D :D

:banana:

Offline airjer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 12:41:21 PM »
Miss ya airstud, Hope all is well. Mano, I believe there is still a map where you can soawn very high on mtn. (accidentally) or do a dot fly command.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 06:31:15 PM »
Comon back in Airstud.....good to hear from you again.....Hope all is well.

Cheers,  One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 08:28:45 AM »
Oh man. I really enjoyed trying to get him. I have to admit I got frustrated and even jumped in planes to get him, sometimes to my end. Thanks for letting us know.

DD
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Razorbak

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 11:11:40 AM »
Ive been away from the game for about a year and i check the forums at times to see whats happening. It was very sad to see that Dr7 has passed away he was truly a great player. I talked with him some and I cant remember him raging about anything.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 01:39:27 PM »
After such a long hiatus from Aces, I came back and ran around with DR for a few hours a couple months ago.  It was reminiscent of decades gone by and we had a few good laughs while sitting on a base. I was actually surprised he remembered me, since the last time I had played was 2011 or so. 

<S> to one of the very best guys to have graced this game. Scourge of many a spawn. That man could stop a base take simply by showing up.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:42:43 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce