Author Topic: Well...  (Read 2855 times)

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
Re: Well...
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 03:59:17 PM »
I've been back for a few days now and it's been really nice seeing some old friends again. I've been gone so long that this is my first week playing AH3.

<S>

AWESOME more old friends returning!
Uncle Fred

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 07:34:55 PM »
As I said before it is great having you back.  And if you've noticed the group you started some years ago is still alive in the BBS Forums.  I am still happy to be a member.  The Club still is a good idea.

To bad we didn't live up to expectation.  Pity..........would be a wonderful help to the community.  Thanks for starting it!

Hajo

Thank you Hajo. Trying to get a bunch of alpha types to work together is almost impossible, but in reality it turned out far better than I actually thought it would. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stay long enough, at that time, to see it through. My main focus at this time is to reform the squad that was instrumental in helping me create that group, though it's not looking good thus far.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 07:35:47 PM »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 07:36:46 PM »
My main focus at this time is to reform the squad that was instrumental in helping me create that group, though it's not looking good thus far.

See if you can recruit some of the noobs.  They could use the leadership.

- oldman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2021, 04:23:30 AM »
Be sure to signup for auto country switch in Oclub..a new way that helps keep the sides balanced

Eagler
:aok THIS and join us in MONDAY NIGHT MADNESS 8pm est!!! Best Rust-o-lium $15 can buy!!!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 07:48:21 AM »
Was great seeing you and flying with you for that few sorties.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2021, 09:23:21 AM »
I'm no longer seeing it either.

Heya X!

Ya the DFC hadnt had a post in over a year,most had left and it was used for various reasons,ie dueling ladder,but mostly it became rudderless and set a drift.

Even I had to step away do to health issues and that stupid thing called real life. I've sort of come back myself but I'm in need of some new equipment so it's going to be a slow process. Mostly I've flown a few FSO events and spent last friday night in the TA helping a few players,who are also returnies....

Cool to see some old names coming back,cant wait to catch up with a few.

:salute

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2021, 05:10:55 AM »

Heya X!

Ya the DFC hadnt had a post in over a year,most had left and it was used for various reasons,ie dueling ladder,but mostly it became rudderless and set a drift.

Even I had to step away do to health issues and that stupid thing called real life. I've sort of come back myself but I'm in need of some new equipment so it's going to be a slow process. Mostly I've flown a few FSO events and spent last friday night in the TA helping a few players,who are also returnies....

Cool to see some old names coming back,cant wait to catch up with a few.

What sort of "New Equipment" are you in need of?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2021, 08:23:54 AM »
What sort of "New Equipment" are you in need of?

A new comp to start,mine is a 2010 build and just not cutting it anymore and while I dont really need it I want a new JS and throttle,maybe new pedals too.

No worries though,it's just a matter of getting past a few little RL issues and then I can start to sort out what I need and what I want. :devil

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2021, 09:04:58 PM »
A new comp to start,mine is a 2010 build and just not cutting it anymore and while I dont really need it I want a new JS and throttle,maybe new pedals too.

No worries though,it's just a matter of getting past a few little RL issues and then I can start to sort out what I need and what I want. :devil

morfiend, I got 10 extra computers just sitting here doing nothing that will run this game with a decent 4GB or better videocard..... what do you want? or like? Intel or AMD I got both

pm me

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2021, 03:12:34 AM »
AND IF.. you need an upgrade.....beyond that! JS/TIR you name it? I got that covered! Sort of TC support!!! Dont let pride get in the way...IT IS NOT a hand out!!!!! Merely an investment in my AH GAME FUN!!!!! I would LOVE to help you out!!!!!!!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2021, 10:29:06 AM »
I really do appreciate the offers and if you happen to have a new Virple or the like JS feel free to send it my way!!! :devil :joystick:

All my equipment works ok,I even have a few  things I havent hooked up but what I really need is a new build.Vidcard prices are crazy and as I understand it's difficult to even obtain them.  That said I'm in a position that I can afford to get what I want and what I need.So I just wouldnt feel right about being given something that others who arent in my position could use more than I need them.

Real life has been throwing stuff at me,nothing I cant handle but I seem to run out of hours in the day.I'm hoping things are finally settling down and I can get used to the new normal. On top of all that I got a new puppy last year and well been busy trying to get him settled down,trained and grown up. Normally this would be an easy thing but with the pandemic it's been impossible to go to training classes and socializing has been tough. Last thing you want is an unruly 90lb bulldog!