Author Topic: Good night/knight and blessings my friends  (Read 2650 times)

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
Good night/knight and blessings my friends
« on: March 20, 2021, 02:46:43 AM »
Dear Friends,

I will continue to support HiTech...

But, I am officially retired from this game.

We have too many gamers to game the game and that's not what I respect.

:rock

Blessings to all and I wish you all the best.  But, gamers have taken over the game and made it into something it was never to be.

That is an insult to HiTech and all closely associated with this game.

It's sad.

I'm an old fart, yes "OLDFART", and of old ways.  I doubt there is a way forward for this game to be respectable to the past.

You have been kind and friends over these many years, but, it is apparent that not many of you respect HiTech and all his efforts to keep this game going.

I will no longer participate and play in this game as I see too much disrespect both for those who play the game and HiTech.

I'm too old to participate in struggles.

Bless you all in your battles.

:old:
Uncle Fred

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Good night/knight and blessings my friends
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 07:03:22 AM »
What are you whining about now?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 08:24:35 AM »
Hate to see you go my friend, and yes there are those that game the game I suppose, although that has many different meanings. As to the disrespect, I ignore fools for the most part, but it does get funny sometimes listening to their claims of hacking with aimbots and weight codes. But for the most part the people I have "run into" have been decent fun loving players, minus the very small number of jerks, don't you know.

I would think the best way to support Hitech is to stay in the game and the game always needs more people with integrity.  :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 08:57:02 AM »
Just spend a few months checking out almost any other competitive online game and you will realise that AH is a paradise of maturity and decency
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 10:06:56 AM »
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 10:09:06 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 12:03:36 PM »
What are you whining about now?

Eagler

....and here we have some of the "disrespect" the OP talked about. WTG for proving his point. :aok

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 12:09:05 PM »
....and here we have some of the "disrespect" the OP talked about. WTG for proving his point. :aok

And you have missed the point.  No disrespect was intended.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2021, 12:12:43 PM »
You have to have respect before you can lose it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2021, 01:42:24 PM »
In all fairness without having a clue of what your interpretation of "gaming the game is" since you did not include it in your post. I believe that there are too many "super late war fighter planes" in the game that aren't perked, and this creates everyone just flying the run planes so that they can catch the runner. It's not "gaming the game" but it makes it a lot more challenging for everyone and thus some people just don't have the patience for it anymore.

No sense in leaving though. Every day is different in AH. Basing it off one night is not rational.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 02:25:29 PM »
In all fairness without having a clue of what your interpretation of "gaming the game is" since you did not include it in your post. I believe that there are too many "super late war fighter planes" in the game that aren't perked, and this creates everyone just flying the run planes so that they can catch the runner. It's not "gaming the game" but it makes it a lot more challenging for everyone and thus some people just don't have the patience for it anymore.

No sense in leaving though. Every day is different in AH. Basing it off one night is not rational.

Wise post
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2021, 05:51:19 PM »
I mostly play late night.  it's getting old with some players accusing others of doing stuff by buying this or that.  I dont believe any of it.  dont understand why gaming the game is, dont we all do it?

last night I was flying b17's to the strats I got shot down by a guy I only got a glimpse of it. took 1 drone out on the first pass, jumped on the ball turret, didnt see him.  then another drone went down, I jumped on upper, tail, and ball, trying to find out where he was.  not untill he got my last drone did I see he was actually shooting at the front of my bombers, diving and then pulling up fast.  is that gamey? or did he learned from the night before when I got him because he dove from high six.  the night before I fought him and another guy for 3 sectors, only landed 1 buff and was out of ammo.

but I had great fun.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2021, 12:08:03 PM »
We have too many gamers to game the game and that's not what I respect.

Sure there are the usual culprits (run-stangs, bomb and bailers, 34k alt b17s to bomb strats, etc) but its a sandbox. I fly stupid planes in stupid scenarios and still have a good time. Just last night I formed up with a Typhoon that was afk. I could have shot him down 200 out for 20+ seconds. But I didn't. We then had a fun dog fight when he realized I was on his Back 7-8 o clock, but by now I had to RTB for fuel and of course I get run-down by a P47-M. But its all good, I had a stressfulll time trying to run full power WEP from my certain death, only minutes away.

So make your own cool castle in the sandbox with the rest of us and have a beer or two and a good time. But, your original OP is so vague and Tone of Concern trolling... I'm not sure.

Also good god I can't write in the mornings.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 12:14:20 PM by svaalbar »
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2021, 01:26:25 PM »
So make your own cool castle in the sandbox with the rest of us and have a beer or two and a good time. .....

+1   :aok

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2021, 05:55:40 PM »
+1   :aok

I sort of stole this from someone else's post a while ago. I cant remember who :)

In like 2019 I was getting frustrated with the game and thought there were a few cheaters. No, its just really good players doing what they want to do, like Dr7 being a tank god (RIP).

I only accuse others of cheating ironically and buying cheat codes as a joke now (I pretty much copy JVLees "cheat codes!" jokes lol)
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2021, 07:43:31 PM »
when you suck at planes, switch to tanks or join monday night madness or the FSO.

Monday night madness--monday nights 8pm EST in the AVA arena

thursday night tank nights. -- 8pm EST in the AVA arena

FSO --- friday nights in the special events arena. JG54 recruiting!