Author Topic: Batfink is back!  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Batfink is back!
« on: March 23, 2021, 09:27:33 PM »
He was in the MA this night.  Long absence, good to have him with us again.

- oldman

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Batfink is back!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 10:00:20 PM »
Bout damn time,  he had 1 heck of a vacation, heh...

Good news for all
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 10:27:23 PM »
I got shot down by the same cool guys as a decade ago, it was fun!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 10:31:47 PM »
Batfink great to have you back!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 11:46:21 PM »
Yeah...!
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 03:22:08 AM »
YEA!!!! Another feller, from way back! Sure, rust may be an issue? How can I rate my badarseness improvements without you "old timers"?  :rofl   At least I can tango with returning "Legends of Old"!  SWEET! :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 03:38:52 AM »
YEA!!!! Another feller, from way back! Sure, rust may be an issue? How can I rate my badarseness improvements without you "old timers"?  :rofl   At least I can tango with returning "Legends of Old"!  SWEET! :rock

Some have more issues than rust..... in MNM this past Monday Night I noticed I was having issues trying to talk on the tuned channel...thought my 8way hatswitch was worn out (pro throttle is nearly 25 years old)

Got in the MA later and figured out it was not any issues with my hotas..... it was my hands and dexterity messing with me

Just put my instruments down after 4+ hours of finger picking trying to get some muscle memory and dexterity back in my fingers and hands....had a great time...with a little help of Jameson in my Death wish coffee ☕😅🙃

Gonna try and keep at everyday so I can be 1/2 way good in the scenario this weekend

Batfink  pm me and I will give you my best to knock the rust off in the MPA or TA....

Glad ya back

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 03:57:54 AM »
Some have more issues than rust..... in MNM this past Monday Night I noticed I was having issues trying to talk on the tuned channel...thought my 8way hatswitch was worn out (pro throttle is nearly 25 years old)

Got in the MA later and figured out it was not any issues with my hotas..... it was my hands and dexterity messing with me

Just put my instruments down after 4+ hours of finger picking trying to get some muscle memory and dexterity back in my fingers and hands....had a great time...with a little help of Jameson in my Death wish coffee ☕😅🙃

Gonna try and keep at everyday so I can be 1/2 way good in the scenario this weekend

Batfink  pm me and I will give you my best to knock the rust off in the MPA or TA....

Glad ya back

TC
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! I have MS(Multiple Sclerosis) and it rears its ugly head at some times! Blizz can attest! "CHHHIIITTT, my hand is cramping....!" I have to release Joy Stick and try to flatten my hand against my leg or desk.....happened just before I had a shot on you and Sno!!! WTFRICK!??? :rofl One of you fellers are hacking me!!! SNO!!!!  I had to break off...YUP..he got revenge! I shot him up, but had to let him go...DRAT!!!! At least TSHARK(do do ta do do T   shark do do ta do ta do...) didnt own me this week?  :aok :rofl   Dang it Frodo...you   you   HOBBIT!!!! :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 08:58:49 AM »
My donut hurts after an hour and I have a herman miller!

Growing old sucks!

Welcome back Batfink!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 09:26:04 AM »

Hey Bat,I'll have my Ham and eggs side by each eh!  And hurry up or I'll hit you with a 2 by twice! :D

Hope to see you around soon!

:salute

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 12:57:49 PM »
TC, I had similar issues  :rofl  For me it really feels like the first time I logged in and having to start all over again.  I mean, I even forgot to set my convergence in the hanger  :bhead  Not that it mattered, I don't think I have managed to get rounds on anything other than a few manned guns in the few sorties I've squeezed in.   

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2021, 01:00:08 PM »
Would love to get in the TA/DA for some good fights. It's all Xargos' fault.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 04:08:36 PM »
Would love to get in the TA/DA for some good fights. It's all Xargos' fault.

:rofl :rofl :furious :furious

:salute

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2021, 07:38:25 PM »
I got shot down by the same cool guys as a decade ago, it was fun!
Shatstink :) Love you buddy
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2021, 07:43:20 PM »
Oh yeah, now we are getting the proper old school crew popping up