Author Topic: An Apology and a Debate  (Read 4339 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: An Apology and a Debate
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »
Being able to capture bases gives us a goal and drives fights.  Sometimes we can just furball.  Sometimes we can get in a contest to win the war.  The set up here gives us options.  That is one of the many reasons I fly Aces High and not one of the other games.  We have this big playground with all these cools toys, and we get to decide how we play with them.  In order for this to work, each of us has to respect the other player's choice.

As Wiley said,  "It's the price we pay for the freedom to do what we want as opposed to being led by the nose everywhere."

So in Aces High we have some guys playing tag.  Over here we have some guys playing hide-and-seek.  Over here we have some guys playing capture the flag.  Then we get people in the BBS, "Mr. Hitech. Those guys aren't playing tag with us they way they are supposed to. They're using the playground wrong.  Make them stop!"

If those guys want to play tag, let them play tag.  If those other guys are playing capture the flag, respect that and don't try to force them to play tag.  Remember that a good game of tag can easily turn into capture the flag, and vice versa.

Well said sir, you have summed it up exactly.  :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2021, 10:50:20 AM »
Several years ago I saw one of our bases being attacked.  I headed toward the enemy base planning to kill the VH to help my teammates defend the base.  Someone comes on the text buffer and types, "Mongoose.  Don't touch that base."

"Why?" I ask.  This is a logical question, since I am trying to help my teammates.

The reply was, "Don't be stupid.  How long have you played this game?"

The answer is that I have played the game long enough to know that you don't talk to your teammates like that.  The proper response would have been, "We have a good tank fight going on over here."  Proper, respectful communication keeps it fun for all of us.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »
The problem is low population not who is doing what at a given base.

True, but now that we've got the population situation we have, it has more of an impact than it used to.  It's a side effect but it's more noticeable than it used to be.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2021, 03:56:36 AM »
I uninstalled AH.

I do this every so often and reinstall.

Do i suffer from mental issues

Tip for today

Never apologies to anyone
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2021, 08:50:06 AM »
I uninstalled AH.

I do this every so often and reinstall.

Do i suffer from mental issues

Tip for today

Never apologies to anyone

Unless that anyone is your wife.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2021, 10:42:26 AM »
LOLZ  :rofl

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2021, 12:31:45 PM »
I have not been flying since my equipment was destroyed. In any case some folks can fly for years and still not care about anyone else.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2021, 01:34:35 PM »
The anti furball crowd is what really killed it. Not a lot of people have the time to jabo and die after a 7 minute flight time to a base without doing anything. Plus you have to get alt, then watch out for that 19k p51 who can't fight worth a chit. People wanna fight other fighters, not play by themselves shooting immovable objects....

Not everyone wants to just furball and new players just dont stand a chance against a vet in a dogfight. Since neither of us are paying for their account it's only fair to let them do what they want for their 15bucks.

:salute

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2021, 03:47:27 PM »
I have not been flying since my equipment was destroyed. In any case some folks can fly for years and still not care about anyone else.

What happened to your equipment? Did your new computer get trashed too?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2021, 05:07:00 PM »
What happened to your equipment? Did your new computer get trashed too?

during the texas freeze, it was too cold outside to get ice cubes, so he got a hammer and broke pipes around the house looking for ice.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2021, 05:31:04 PM »
I see the logic!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2021, 09:23:26 AM »
Sounds like his insurance is dragging their feet

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2021, 02:17:44 PM »
The game started as an A2A combat sim

It was then expanded to include everything it has now

I like the a2a and think the game should revolve around that but many most? think it is a gv, base capturing game now

Sometimes the two cannot exist together depending on map and numbers IMO

Eagler
Used to be the day that base captures were done consistently without even one GV used.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2021, 03:04:02 PM »
Used to be the day that base captures were done consistently without even one GV used.

Map with all mountain top bases only goons and planes can take

Sounds interesting

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2021, 03:35:13 PM »
Both depending on how I feel, how many bases have active fights, how large/small the fights are etc...There’s a whole lot to the equation of what drives each of us to base take or furball.

Also sometimes (a lot lately) want to find a good GV spawn fight. The increase in trees has made that more difficult though.

Unless if someone is really harassed by others, I doubt that one person’s words/comments cause players to log out all that often. Probably has more to do with how much/little they are really enjoying things (life, work, play...)

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?