Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 1009 times)

Offline 327thBS

• Copper Member
Thoughts
« on: April 18, 2021, 07:00:33 PM »
I use to be a numbers guy when that was a thing lol so I am pretty dated. I realize I don't have pretend to have all the answers but I have played a few games in my time and I have left my subscription up for months without logging in( I wanted support Combat Tour or w/e was being developed) so please spare me the pitchforks.

Would it be hard to allow for alternative payment model ? In essence make early war planes free; rotate 2-3 mid war planes and lock the late war planes and allow people to build perks but not spend them... maybe even monetize perks and skins somehow. Even if it was like some kind of "First Friday of the Month" event for old timers something that could be planned for reunions and such.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Re: Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 10:46:58 PM »
Personally, as I am a person who can't save perks... I would spend 10 bucks for 500 perkies every month or so... But I can already image the 3 forum users that are about to give this a large downvote.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 12:08:53 AM »
the free planes thingy has been discussed to death.  buying perks from hitech is not a bad idea, but skins are players made, would be weird to sell them to the rest of us.

and peanut, I have been hearing how this game is gonna end next year since I joined in 2006.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 327thBS

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 10:06:38 AM »
Yeah monetizing perks could make for some frustrating player experiences. I would say HT would probably have to make a separate category for them such as “premium perks”; and to prevent abuse of perked rides during peak hours you could probably increase the cost per sortie. If he opened that up he could probably monetize air starts and of course balance them accordingly so they aren’t overly abused and set something  a 5k alt limit.

If you really want to game the game you could make those possible F2P members spawn from specific frontline bases to facilitate fights.

Always a lot of ideas floating on the forums. I just wish some of those ideas could be implemented during the slowest days of week and players could provide feedback about likes and dislikes to improve player experience and customer retention.

It’s a small shop so I do realize a lot of constraints on the ability to develop updates/patches but it would be cool to have some of an insight or HTs thoughts on HTC development 6,12 and 18 months down the line. That way I can quit lurking this forums and checking for possible updates   ;)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 10:13:50 AM »
what are perks?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 10:26:50 AM »
Pay your $15 and be happy

I do not  believe it is about the money as much as it is about being a hard game to learn and one you have to spend time in and practice to keep getting better..

This is not the I want to buy a power up and skip all that type of game nor it should be

If you don't know how to fly and live in a plane or vehicle it would not matter how many perks it cost you..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 11:27:21 AM »
What is a numbers guy?
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 11:42:00 AM »
What is a numbers guy?

Guys that had names that looked like prison ID numbers "146279", cant remember if they started from promotional codes from HT or not. Had to be 2005-ish to 2009-ish I remember seeing those and the reference to number guys in game. I'm sure some were shades.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:43:31 AM by whiteman »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 12:44:14 PM »
never trust a numbers guy...
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 02:05:30 PM »
Guys that had names that looked like prison ID numbers "146279", cant remember if they started from promotional codes from HT or not. Had to be 2005-ish to 2009-ish I remember seeing those and the reference to number guys in game. I'm sure some were shades.

People would get frustrated at all the callsigns they came up with being taken so they would just punch in some numbers.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 02:12:38 PM »
People would get frustrated at all the callsigns they came up with being taken so they would just punch in some numbers.

HA! I went with Tex01 because i literally tried 20+ different names that were taken. I hate the stupid name but it wasn't taken.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 02:25:21 PM »

I see - thanks - thats before my time.

The only guy that I see in game lately that is referred to as "numbers guy" is a player like 8367345 or something, makes sense now
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 02:27:34 PM »
I see - thanks - thats before my time.

The only guy that I see in game lately that is referred to as "numbers guy" is a player like 8367345 or something, makes sense now

Theres a guy now with 100001011
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys