Author Topic: Remember me? Thinking about returning  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Yooper

• Zinc Member
Remember me? Thinking about returning
« on: May 21, 2021, 08:20:35 PM »
Hey All,
I use to go by the handle Pyroman and I'd say I haven't played in almost a decade here.  I was here since AH now I see it's AH3!  I'm considering returning, but just curious what's changed since the AH2 days?

I'm seeing the player base has dropped a lot, but that doesn't spook me.

Anyway, just curious if any of you remember me by chance?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.  Just bought a brand new gaming system and my new HOTAS will be here Monday (the old CH HOTAS disappeared and I have no idea where the heck I put it).  I plan on playing DCS as well, but I miss the comradre of AH. 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Remember me? Thinking about returning
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 08:33:14 PM »
The game is still the best out there for this type. Yes the numbers have dropped to 100-150 on a good night but there are fights to be had. All types of action show up depending on the maps. Some maps seem to have more GV stuff, others base taking by air battles, others bomber missions to strats. A couple live off of sea battles, the new battle ship groups has a lot to do with that.

The download is still free, load it up and look around! Welcome back!

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 11:18:45 PM »
welcome back sir. I returned after ten years away last april. Game is fun as hell still.

we have a spot waiting in FSO for you.

<S> Darkwood
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Yooper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 12:45:48 AM »
Is Dawg, Ghostrider, or Plink still around?  I use to be back in the Nightmare back in the day.  I see Arabian Knights aka AK are still here.  The Jugs are still around too!  Nice to see familiar faces.  I'm assuming the Nightmares have fallen to the wayside?  So what improvements have happened since I left in AH2?

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 05:58:35 AM »
Yes come back.  Many cool changes since AH2.  :aok
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 08:01:56 AM »
Another red plane..welcome back

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 08:26:24 AM »
Is Dawg, Ghostrider, or Plink still around?  I use to be back in the Nightmare back in the day.  I see Arabian Knights aka AK are still here.  The Jugs are still around too!  Nice to see familiar faces.  I'm assuming the Nightmares have fallen to the wayside?  So what improvements have happened since I left in AH2?

Plink I still here for sure.  He plays for the rooks.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2021, 03:03:38 PM »
Quit thinking and get in here!  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Cap

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 02:13:05 AM »
I don't suppose Dawg is the same DAWGE from Air Warrior, is he?

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2021, 04:06:35 AM »
Yooper what time zone are you in? Highest player count is from like 5pm pst to 8pm pst if you want to hop in when it is busiest for a quick fight or to get help setting stuff up with either your country's chat channel or tune to 200. I don't think a lot of people tune a chat buffer to the help/orange channel.

I played ah 2 only a few times as a kid so I don't know much about improvements other than graphics and more vegetation makes gv battles fun and hard. There's a lot of vets that play so the air battles are always hard unless you find another noob like me.

Also ah3 is not a very demanding game cpu and graphic wise which is great. You can focus on the action and not have 15fps. For instance, I play on a 1440p monitor and maxed out graphics and always 60 fps and ah3.exe uses like 1gb of ram.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 04:11:54 AM by svaalbar »
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Yooper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2021, 11:26:08 PM »
I don't suppose Dawg is the same DAWGE from Air Warrior, is he?

Yep the same one!  Miss that guy!

Controller is showing up tomorrow, but unfortunately I'm still in the military from the AH1 days, so it will be a about 3 weeks before I grab this.  I would like some help setting up my controller when I come back, because I can't remember how to set up the deadzone and such anymore. 

Finally, Anyone know if CptA around anymore?  Former Officer I served with the military and would love to see him again.  :)  Thanks for the warn reception gentlemen!

Offline Cap

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 11:57:45 PM »
Yep the same one!  Miss that guy!

I used to get shot down a lot by Dawge and Rogue in AW on Compuserve. Good guys. I miss those days. (Not the getting shot down part).

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2021, 01:14:12 PM »
I remember you, welcome back and please don't kill me ;)
 :salute :cheers: