Author Topic: Controls locking up  (Read 400 times)

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
Controls locking up
« on: May 21, 2021, 11:57:39 PM »
I’m getting message “Don’t move your controls so rapidly”
It locks me up and I crash, never had this before, why am I getting now and how do I get rid of it.
Thanks;
Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Controls locking up
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 01:43:41 AM »
First, calibrate your stick, throttle and pedals in Windows, then in the game.

After that, go to the game settings>Controls>Map Controllers>Advanced check box. Choose each controller one by one in the drop down menu. See if the green line jumps up and down and the numbers for a function change, there's your culprit. Apply dead band and damping little by little until it stabilizes.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 08:59:59 AM »
Thanks, I’ll give that a try.
Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 09:12:36 AM »
What stick is it? Does it have pots in it? Pots get dirty and will start to give odd signals (spikes) that could be causing it. They require periodic cleaning in order to get a signal that doesn't have spikes in it. My CH sticks had these and I'd have to go in there and do that now and then. They will wear out eventually and cleaning won't get it anymore. Sometimes the little spade connectors on the wires going to them would get loose too. That'll do it. Modern sticks use different sensors that won't spike but they're still connected with wires. My VKB stick has these and it's generally super smooth but every once in a while a wire connector gets loose and it does spike. I'll just have to reseat it. The wires are connected to the gimbal and it's always moving around after all.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 10:44:22 AM »
"DeoxIT D5" cleans pots really well.  Look on YouTube, "guitar pots, DeoxIT D5", if you're unsure on how to use it.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 10:54:13 AM »
Sounds like a worn stick. Recalibrate and see if it keeps happening. Also remember that with joystick movements slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!