Author Topic: New Poster, old flier  (Read 9328 times)

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
New Poster, old flier
« on: June 05, 2021, 09:14:38 AM »
People keep asking me who I am or think I am a newbie because I have  new BBS account. But I have flown AH for years - mainly knights. All that time never bothered to post or look at BBS. But now that numbers are dropping, I wanted to see what was going on. And I see a lot of whining about leaving, wanting Hitech to change the game, political correctness on CH200, blah blah blah. I say don't waist Hitech's time. It's the same game we've always played. Good enough then, good enough now. Worth the $15 a month of the fun. No need to change it now! So either fly or quit, and stop yer whining! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: New Poster, old flier
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 09:30:36 AM »
Being a dick in one thread wasn’t enough of a spotlight?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 09:43:59 AM »
Being a dick in one thread wasn’t enough of a spotlight?

That's the kind of whining I'm talkin about! You platinum keyboard jocks spend more time here than actually flying!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 10:25:39 AM »
People keep asking me who I am or think I am a newbie because I have  new BBS account. But I have flown AH for years - mainly knights. All that time never bothered to post or look at BBS. But now that numbers are dropping, I wanted to see what was going on. And I see a lot of whining about leaving, wanting Hitech to change the game, political correctness on CH200, blah blah blah. I say don't waist Hitech's time. It's the same game we've always played. Good enough then, good enough now. Worth the $15 a month of the fun. No need to change it now! So either fly or quit, and stop yer whining! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Well if #s are dropping, don't you think it's necessary to change something to make gameplay more exciting and intense, numbnuts?

Gah it's llike logic goes right out the window here for some reason.

It's obvious you haven't been on these boards long.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 10:30:15 AM »
Well if #s are dropping, don't you think it's necessary to change something to make gameplay more exciting and intense, numbnuts?

Gah it's llike logic goes right out the window here for some reason.

It's obvious you haven't been on these boards long.

Yeah it sounds like you have all the answers and if hitech does what you want the numbers will be back up to 1k! Let me get a notepad!  :azn:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 10:42:10 AM »
Yeah it sounds like you have all the answers and if hitech does what you want the numbers will be back up to 1k! Let me get a notepad!  :azn:

If hitech did what I am asking, the fights would improve tremendously in the MA, thus keeping players engaged longer in the fight, thus making bigger fights, thus creating enthusiasm and bringing more players back into the ggame to participate in the bigger fights. When players log in and see a huge board with a couple flashing bases and 0 dars, or 1 tiny dar on the map, they find it boring and leave. Thats coming straight from some whose played at a high level for over 17 years now. I know it's true because that's exactly what I do. Big fights on a map, I stick around longer. No fights on a map, I leave for something more entertaining. It's simple.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 11:22:57 AM »
If hitech did what I am asking, the fights would improve tremendously in the MA, thus keeping players engaged longer in the fight, thus making bigger fights, thus creating enthusiasm and bringing more players back into the ggame to participate in the bigger fights. When players log in and see a huge board with a couple flashing bases and 0 dars, or 1 tiny dar on the map, they find it boring and leave. Thats coming straight from some whose played at a high level for over 17 years now. I know it's true because that's exactly what I do. Big fights on a map, I stick around longer. No fights on a map, I leave for something more entertaining. It's simple.

Why not start a fight
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 01:04:59 PM »
Why not start a fight

That's very challenging to do on a big map or map with far bases. If the fronts are too big, I can fly to a base, maybe shoot some AA guns, jabo, or hit the town, by then my plane will be toast from ack hits, if another plane rolls to fight me, I might either kill him and he never rolls again once he knows it's me, or I die easily from already being damaged. If I decide to fly back, it takes about 7 -10 minutes if I want to get alt with ord. That player may or may not roll again. I'd be lucky if he stayed up and rolled to my field to re fight me again, though he will probably land and may or may not roll again when I get back to his field. This is why shorter distances are more beneficial for smaller #s. As well as less bases on the fronts. No one cares about one guy attacking a field on a big map. Shorter base distance makes it so there is less time to get back to the field and keep the fight entertaining. It creates less hoards. With a huge map, it's hard to consolidate players to "fight your fight". Players don't condense to take the field they have to on a smaller front. When you look at maps that have furball islands or TTs, those bases are closer together. This means it takes less time to get back to the action. This keeps the fight entertaining. I actually don't like furball islands because it takes fighters away from the point of the map. The maps should encourage fights like furball island, without having a furball island. Many of these newer maps are better at achieving that. You dont see a bombers island where only bombers are allowed do you?

You all know I love this game and love flying with and against you. I am just compelled to speak my mind about what I see using my ingame experience to hopefully make this a better game for more players.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 01:29:30 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 02:54:12 PM »
so having less bases on a smaller front will cause less hording.  won't it create more?

reminds me of how some players wanted strats closer to the front as it will create more fights over them.  only thing that happened is strats are eternally down.

the problem you have with your ideas violator is you only look at them from your own perspective and not others. this has been pointed out to you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 03:23:38 PM »
so having less bases on a smaller front will cause less hording.  won't it create more?

reminds me of how some players wanted strats closer to the front as it will create more fights over them.  only thing that happened is strats are eternally down.

the problem you have with your ideas violator is you only look at them from your own perspective and not others. this has been pointed out to you.

semp

That's a fallacy, my ideas are taking other points of view into consideration. Your statement is incorrect. There would be more players on each side participating in the battle because of smaller fronts. It make hoarding much harder because players wouldn't be scattered around the map. With father bases, it takes a lot more players on the team to tackle a base and take it because it takes longer to return to the base if you die. This means you need a hoard of players to tackle the base and keep it down. If you tackle the base and the defenders back base is too far, it takes longer for them to be able to defend the hoard. Therefore they would have to take a hoard of players to defend the base which is hard to coordinate. If you have shorter base distances. Players would be able to roll and get back to their base to defend on a quicker term, therefore being able to defend better against a lot of players on the other team.

Generally one team has to hoard eventually if they want to take a base it's just that shorter distances on smaller fronts makes it more challenging because teams are able to defend easier. This is what creates the best fights.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2021, 03:53:12 PM »
OK, I finally understand.  you don't know what hording is. that's why you say people scattered over a large area will hord while concentrating more people in a smaller area leads to less hording.

hording refers to the number of people not the objective.  while some refer as 5v1 a hord, it isn't.

concentrating players on a small area is just a furball with a hord v hord.

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2021, 04:13:00 PM »
OK, I finally understand.  you don't know what hording is. that's why you say people scattered over a large area will hord while concentrating more people in a smaller area leads to less hording.

hording refers to the number of people not the objective.  while some refer as 5v1 a hord, it isn't.

concentrating players on a small area is just a furball with a hord v hord.

semp

It's not just a furball... players will be bombing and playing in tanks too. One side defending one side attacking. Furballs imply that no one is defending or attacking a base.

What is your problem with big battles?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 06:23:10 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2021, 06:54:25 PM »
It's not just a furball... players will be bombing and playing in tanks too. One side defending one side attacking. Furballs imply that no one is defending or attacking a base.

What is your problem with big battles?

no problem with large battles that's why I enjoy scenarios..

semp

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2021, 07:22:40 PM »
One would think HiTech would have implemented Violator's ideas if they had any merit.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2021, 07:42:33 PM »

the problem with the Furballs is many times they do become more important than the attack or the defense. And that is when this veteran player logs off and goes to WW2OL or IL-2.

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301