Author Topic: Small Maps  (Read 1008 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Small Maps
« on: June 11, 2021, 07:02:56 PM »
I see many saying the maps are way to big for the amount of people so I offer you all an alternative.

I just put the Guadalcanal map up in the Axis vs Allies arena.

Historical set up. Japanese vs USA with some British planes thrown in.

This map is not that big so finding a fight should not be that hard.

Scores are enabled and with limited people using this awesome arena it shouldn't take anyone that long to be #1

Hope to see you all in there.

<S> Darkwood
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Small Maps
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 02:31:51 PM »
I see many saying the maps are way to big for the amount of people so I offer you all an alternative.

I just put the Guadalcanal map up in the Axis vs Allies arena.

Historical set up. Japanese vs USA with some British planes thrown in.

This map is not that big so finding a fight should not be that hard.

Scores are enabled and with limited people using this awesome arena it shouldn't take anyone that long to be #1

Hope to see you all in there.

<S> Darkwood

Sounds cool. I'll check it out today and let you know how I feel. I do however feel that maps in the AVA should have ~ 10 mile bases for quicker action. It would be cool if we could get a crew of people consistently in there. Like if we could have a MNM every day in the AVA. That would be awesome.  :aok

Thanks for trying something though!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 02:33:25 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 04:05:38 PM »
The current map is pretty small. Should be able to find some fights. We had six in there last night and the fights were quickly obtained.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 03:44:43 PM »
The current map is pretty small. Should be able to find some fights. We had six in there last night and the fights were quickly obtained.

I hopped in for a second to check it out. Great map! This is perfect  👍very easy to just take off and go attack a base real quick. This reminds me so much of H2H. Great for practice instead of having to fly all day to a base.

Now, I think maybe the title needs to change so people who don't go on the boards know - plus it tells people what is there.

Call it "Axis V Allies arena - Team Deathmatch mini map" , or H2H mini map. This would catch people's attention. Most people don't know the map has changed. People would hop in there just for the short base practice if they knew it. Once 4-5 peeps are in there, the fight starts to build, so we just need a consistent amount of players in there every night to get people intrigued to check it out.

BTW, this is the best map I've seen so far for team death match style fights. This is far superior to the DA lake.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 03:48:32 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 03:52:38 PM »

BTW, this is the best map I've seen so far for team death match style fights. This is far superior to the DA lake.

Next week is Pearl Harbor map which is slightly better than the current map.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 03:59:43 PM »
Next week is Pearl Harbor map which is slightly better than the current map.

I think as long as it has the same characteristics it will be fine. Also, with a title change. It will let a lot more people know who are playing the game that maps are for short quick action. Thats why I think adding "team death match -mini map" to the title get more people intrigued into checking it out.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 04:25:41 PM »
I think as long as it has the same characteristics it will be fine. Also, with a title change. It will let a lot more people know who are playing the game that maps are for short quick action. Thats why I think adding "team death match -mini map" to the title get more people intrigued into checking it out.

Adding it to the BBs title?  Done and done

Historical setups are the most fun in this game. But a lot of players are cannon dependent so the choices are limited which keeps them from coming into the AvA. Scores are enabled in there as well.

MnM is moving into the SEA so this will be set up throughout the week until Thursday. The map will change either Thursday or Friday.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 05:17:24 PM »
Scores do not matter in AvA. They don’t carry over to any other arena and disappear once you leave the AvA arena.
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 06:55:51 PM »
Scores do not matter in AvA. They don’t carry over to any other arena and disappear once you leave the AvA arena.

They don't matter and they aren't recorded is half the problem with the arena.

The other half is that the guys that fly like pansies only engaging 4 vs 1 on the ma will soon move to whatever arena anyone creates for  even easier kills, just for self satisfaction

The current player base prefers to beat on a country with the lowest numbers regardless of war status, what will a different arena do besides satisfy the 15 people left that actually want a fight?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 06:57:35 PM by Lazerr »

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 08:06:30 PM »
what will a different arena do besides satisfy the 15 people left that actually want a fight?

Those people you describe won't come into the AvA for that very reason. And that's OK.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 09:00:38 PM »
 I don't believe there should be scoring. Leave that to the MA. It would be cool to be able to capture bases and bomb things, but don't think it should be scored at all. Just a fun arena to let loose and practice and not take it seriously. Someone will take it too seriously with score and be buzzards. Don't need that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2021, 06:09:59 AM »
The current player base prefers to beat on a country with the lowest numbers regardless of war status, what will a different arena do besides satisfy the 15 people left that actually want a fight?

I was thinking thinking the same thing the other day. I for one always pick the country with the highest numbers to try to start a fight with and sometimes I'm the only guy on that front while all the others are doing as you said.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2021, 06:21:16 AM »
Yes your going to have people doing that. Ho n Go, Bomb n Bail, Horde, and so on and its their fifteen dollars to do so. There is a contingency of players that won't do that and those are the players I am advertising for.

If you have a squad and want a custom set up for some squad battles then let one of us know. If you want to have some squad vs squad battles like we used to do back in AH II days then let one of us know and it will get set up.

Historical battles are what we all read about and are fascinated by and is the main reason we play this game. That statement covers everyone playing this game even the creator of the game himself.

Historical matchups are the best this game has to offer and there is an arena dedicated to those matchups that the $14.99 you pay every month covers so why not take advantage of an arena and the staff willing to set it up?

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2021, 06:27:02 AM »
 :aok
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2021, 08:42:14 AM »
And for all you bomber pilots out there. I have enabled the B-17,B-25's, B-24, and the B-29 which is Free.99 all week long.

CO--The Bad Guys