Author Topic: Windows 11 is coming  (Read 4379 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Windows 11 is coming
« on: June 22, 2021, 08:23:06 AM »
There are only leaked versions and rumors, but Microsoft may announce their intentions this week. Hopefully, IE11 will finally disappear for good.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Windows 11 is coming
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 09:24:38 AM »
And not too long ago Microsoft clearly said that 10 will be the last Windows, that there'll not be any Win 11 or 12, instead the versions of Win 10 would have names like "Creators Edition" etc., or less fancy names like "21H1"
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 09:37:43 AM »
There are only leaked versions and rumors, but Microsoft may announce their intentions this week. Hopefully, IE11 will finally disappear for good.

WSJ mentioned this yesterday:

"Microsoft’s Surface Pro X, one of the company’s newer detachables, runs on an Arm-based processor designed in collaboration with Qualcomm. Windows isn’t yet as capable on such processors, largely because not many third-party developers write software for the version of Windows used on such hardware, despite the company’s continued encouragement. Microsoft said it would reveal a new version of Windows on June 24, and early indications are that it will include a substantial redesign of the operating system that will make it more usable and unified across a variety of processor types and PC designs."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-pcs-are-turning-into-giant-phones-11624075230?mod=wsjhp_columnists_pos3

- Oldman

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 08:22:15 PM »
Microsoft Borg
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 11:53:21 PM »
And not too long ago Microsoft clearly said that 10 will be the last Windows, that there'll not be any Win 11 or 12, instead the versions of Win 10 would have names like "Creators Edition" etc., or less fancy names like "21H1"

Microsoft stopped development of Windows 10x and instead is reportedly going to incorporate features from 10x into Windows 11 and also might find some of the features in some Windows 10 updates.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 01:38:12 AM »
No matter what the reason is, only five years ago Microsoft told that they won't change the number any longer. And now they do. No big deal, the main issue still will be how often you'll have to get the latest version and what the cost will be.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 05:34:31 AM »

WSJ mentioned this yesterday:

"Microsoft’s Surface Pro X, one of the company’s newer detachables, runs on an Arm-based processor designed in collaboration with Qualcomm. Windows isn’t yet as capable on such processors, largely because not many third-party developers write software for the version of Windows used on such hardware, despite the company’s continued encouragement. Microsoft said it would reveal a new version of Windows on June 24, and early indications are that it will include a substantial redesign of the operating system that will make it more usable and unified across a variety of processor types and PC designs."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-pcs-are-turning-into-giant-phones-11624075230?mod=wsjhp_columnists_pos3

- Oldman

Hidden meaning: New Windows will look and feel like Apple.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 05:15:21 PM »
Hidden cost: If you got a free upgrade to Windows 10 you're going to pay for Windows 11.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 01:18:11 AM »
Hidden cost: If you got a free upgrade to Windows 10 you're going to pay for Windows 11.
I've read that they'd allow free upgrade from 7 and 8.1 to 11. I've also read that they may require a Microsoft account for 11.

Kotisivuni

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 04:58:27 PM »
I've read that they'd allow free upgrade from 7 and 8.1 to 11. I've also read that they may require a Microsoft account for 11.
And an old AH trick works for that in requirement window (Alt+F4 will drop that away), and you will be allowed to keep using local admin account. (I've read)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 06:59:30 PM »
Hey Folks,

In looking to get w11 installed on my w10 machine, I discovered you must have a TPM module installed and enabled in w10. What a PIA. Im' a beta tester with this machine and have had 21H1 installed since april, looks like no 21H2 unless my mobo has a TPM header onboard. Investigating that!
FYI
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 07:48:52 PM »

I think I will keep my Win7. It works fine for me
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline jigsaw

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 12:56:04 AM »

Hearing mixed things on this.  Some are saying that only Home requires the M$ account and if you have Pro you can use a local.  Take that with a grain of salt though.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 02:12:38 AM »
Hearing mixed things on this.  Some are saying that only Home requires the M$ account and if you have Pro you can use a local.  Take that with a grain of salt though.
There's also talk about some tricks to avoid using the M$ account, somewhat similarly to how you can make a local account to 10 by unplugging from the Internet during that phase of the installing process.

Kotisivuni

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 06:56:35 AM »

I too read yesterday that W11 will be a free upgrade. There wasn't a mention of the Microsoft account requirement.