Author Topic: VR: A few issues / Questions  (Read 754 times)

Offline dagger1

• Zinc Member
VR: A few issues / Questions
« on: July 18, 2021, 04:58:20 PM »
Hello All,

I've had some issues with the way VR is setup in Aces for a while but haven't really made an effort to make a post here in the forums but I feel it's about time to ask. I might miss somethings and will come back and ask further questions but my most immediate problems are:

1. When I log in the menu is fine and is aligned with my line of sight. When I log out the menu is extremely low in my field of view and I have to drag the clipboard up and cringe my neck down to hit the options.

2. For some reason, when I first stated using VR my mouse moved my cursor, that's not the case anymore and I have to move my head to move the pointer and choose options on the menu which is kind of annoying.

3. Is there a way to set PPD distance that way the gunsight is not off to one side? My eyes aren't aligned so my left eye is almost centered and my right eye is way to the right. (I hope I explained that one right) This can lead to double vision in some planes.

4. Is there a way for me to set my seating arrangement in VR when in the cockpit? When I use the same buttons as you would without VR my view twitches but doesn't really move. I have the centering button mapped but I have to dance around to get the gunsight angle to be in the middle of my field of view. (Again, hope this explanation made sense)

I love Aces in VR but I find it a lot less intuitive than other VR flight sims controls wise (DCS for example) and as I've read in the forums my opinion differs in that regard compared to everyone else. I know there is one more thing I'm forgetting but I'm itching to get back into the fight, I had to stop and post this because it was annoying me.

EDIT:

That's what I missed, when I take off my VR headset the game minimizes and I have to Alt + Tab to get the game to come up again. I doubt anything can be done for this other than setting WMR to not automatically switch when the helmet is removed, figured I would ask anyway.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

<S>
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:01:56 PM by dagger1 »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: VR: A few issues / Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 01:26:10 PM »
There are 2 head center related settings.

The first is simply tracking center this is the zero position that the head set sends to AH. It is set each time when you first enter AH by simply pressing any button.
You can also reset this at any time by pressing Ctrl F4 ("Tracker Center") which can also be mapped to a joy stick button if you wish.

The 2nd is where you want you head to be placed in any air plane or view. This is set with the F10 key. In VR you move to where you want your head to be press then F10, the view will jump but if you move your head to the comfortable head center that was set with the 1st setting , both will be the same.

If you stare directly at the gun sight you will see 2 cross hairs. The trick is to look at the cross hairs in the distance just like real life you will have 2 outlines of the gun sight but only one cross hair in the distance.

HiTech

Offline dagger1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 02:13:02 PM »
I did not know about F10, I will use that moving forward.

What about moving the cursor with the mouse? Is that a setting or did that change after an update some time ago?

I appreciate the response!!!!!

Thanks Hitech

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 03:41:09 PM »
The mouse works but your correct its the VR dot not the mouse pointer. I had to find a spot on my right wing for clipboard to not strain neck when focusing cursor dot. In my case when I remove headset & lay it down I can play on monitor. As soon as I put headset back on I'm back in VR. I'll use this method when in a manned gun to to take a break from VR but still play.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:47:19 PM by AlbertSk »

Offline dagger1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 06:51:42 PM »
Got it, I figured.

Thanks for verifying that for me, much appreciated AlbertSK.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 06:46:24 AM »
You should be able to set all joystick views on a hat and use them with VR in AH

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline dagger1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 10:20:36 AM »
I’m getting used to using the hat switch to look around, not a bad feature I must say.

Thanks for the feedback, Eagler.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 10:59:09 AM »
Up and 6 views are critical

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 03:39:34 AM »
Up and 6 views are critical

Eagler
THIS ABSOLUTELY!!!  AH, has the VERY BEST in VR implementation!  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain