Author Topic: VR prescription lenses at 1/4 the cost  (Read 477 times)

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
VR prescription lenses at 1/4 the cost
« on: August 13, 2021, 04:35:44 PM »
I found a cheap alternative to VR prescription lens inserts.  One thing that bothered me about my VR lens inserts is that every time I took the helmet off for a moment (get a beverage etc.), I needed to swap my glasses with the helmet.

I bought a pair of optical swim goggles with my distance prescription (in my case -5.00 in both eyes).  These goggles are low profile and fit in my Reverb G2 with plenty of distance between the goggles and the VR lens.  They even fit with the "FrankinFov Deluxe" mod.  Now I can take the headset off and still have my distance vision.  The best part is that these are stock diopter lenses so they cost about $30.  I chose the "inner eye" fit, but there are several options to suit different head shapes.  I have worn them for a couple hours in the headset and found them comfortable.  If you are near-sighted and require the same distance prescription in both eyes then you might want to check them out.

Here is a link to the ones I got:

https://www.amazon.com/Speedo-Unisex-Adult-Goggles-Optical-Vanquisher/dp/B085GGJM3L

Hope this helps

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills