Author Topic: Northco map  (Read 9119 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Northco map
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2022, 02:27:19 AM »

‘haven’t had trouble getting players to give their opinion on the map, except from those that said they have never seen it.’

Never said ALL or insinuated such.

It’s not my job to prove anything to you.

This thread began after the numerous threads and comments regarding large maps and not enough #’s to sustain fights on them.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2022, 03:43:54 AM »
Never said ALL or insinuated such.

It’s not my job to prove anything to you.

This thread began after the numerous threads and comments regarding large maps and not enough #’s to sustain fights on them.

your original post didnt mention any other maps.

I love this map and so do many others I hear on country and see on 200.

Unfortunately this map stays up for less than 12 hours but more often much less than that.

Last night the Bishops rolled it in ~3hours.  :(

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2022, 03:49:53 AM »
your original post didnt mention any other maps.

I love this map and so do many others I hear on country and see on 200.

Unfortunately this map stays up for less than 12 hours but more often much less than that.

Last night the Bishops rolled it in ~3hours.  :(

semp

just curious if people are complaining about big maps and not enough players but  this small map gets rolled in hours, then what exactly is your point. you want small maps that dont get rolled in hours because you think bigger maps dont have enough players.  so where do you stand.  smaller maps with few players getting rolled over or big maps with not enough players that dont get rolled over.

confusing as hell, perhaps you want small maps that will last for 7 days.  ask the players that roll them small maps what they think.

semp

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2022, 08:54:52 AM »
I like shrimp.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2022, 09:34:41 AM »
Small maps with smaller fronts, closer bases, and choke points are what bring the best fights for everyone. If they get rolled faster, then another small map comes and provides similar action. When a bigger map comes up that is too big for the player base, it stalls the fights and creates spread out action that make it challenging as you either are the ganger or the one getting ganged. Majority of people aren't interested in small spreadout fights so they leave. This normally keeps the #s lower on big maps as the remaining players don't necessarily care about fights. Personally, it's smaller maps and more action that will bring players back who once loved the big fighter and combat action for a cause. Bigger maps just make the game appear like very few are playing it, and thus make it boring. The same map that is up for 4-5 days, especially when it's over the entire weekend, really just turns a lot of players off. Huge maps during off hours IMO are a detriment and really keeps the game from growing as there is hardly any combat action for one side on the map.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2022, 09:54:39 AM »
And as we can't seem to get a map list editing response from that editor ..seems we are stuck in crappy map limbo..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2022, 05:12:15 PM »
Small maps with smaller fronts, closer bases, and choke points are what bring the best fights for everyone. If they get rolled faster, then another small map comes and provides similar action. When a bigger map comes up that is too big for the player base, it stalls the fights and creates spread out action that make it challenging as you either are the ganger or the one getting ganged. Majority of people aren't interested in small spreadout fights so they leave. This normally keeps the #s lower on big maps as the remaining players don't necessarily care about fights. Personally, it's smaller maps and more action that will bring players back who once loved the big fighter and combat action for a cause. Bigger maps just make the game appear like very few are playing it, and thus make it boring. The same map that is up for 4-5 days, especially when it's over the entire weekend, really just turns a lot of players off. Huge maps during off hours IMO are a detriment and really keeps the game from growing as there is hardly any combat action for one side on the map.

Semp:
There is a good summary of this thread for you.

If you go and re-read this thread this sentiment is what you’ll find as the majority of answers/suggestions.

As I said this thread began after there had been numerous about big/small maps, player #’s and keeping/finding sustained ftr/GV fights. It parlayed smoothly…

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2022, 05:47:03 PM »
Semp:
There is a good summary of this thread for you.

If you go and re-read this thread this sentiment is what you’ll find as the majority of answers/suggestions.

As I said this thread began after there had been numerous about big/small maps, player #’s and keeping/finding sustained ftr/GV fights. It parlayed smoothly…

sorry my bad, since your first post mentions northco and how it gets rolled easy. to be honest I don't really recall playing in it.

but I do know this, yesterday we spent several hours defending our eastern front. tanks, airplanes, bombers, it was a good furball around 2 or 3 bases. at the end we ended up with a few of their bases. must have been around 40 to 50 players there on both sides.

late at night we switched to the northern front, only around 20 players on all countries left. mothman and forget the name of the other player were a deadly combination. for a couple of hours 3 or 4 of us against them, tanks first then tank and airplane combo, a lot of fun. we killed them, they killed us. till I got tired and went to bed.

players make the fun no matter which map it is.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2022, 02:16:24 AM »
did you have fun tonight in a well a medium map, I know I did  :salute

semp

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2022, 03:19:18 AM »
did you have fun tonight in a well a medium map, I know I did  :salute

semp

I was until a call bearing terrible news  :(

Riftval (map) can be slow for GV’rs because the spawns are pretty far apart. Jagpaw got my Tiger in my first sortie, so I hunted him in T-34 actually getting him twice before I was bombed. Flew the G-14 around at A45(I think) getting whacked several times.

:airplane:

:salute

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2022, 03:25:41 AM »

Riftval (map) can be slow for GV’rs because the spawns are pretty far apart. Jagpaw got my Tiger in my first sortie, so I hunted him in T-34 actually getting him twice before I was bombed. Flew the G-14 around at A45(I think) getting whacked several times.

WHAT?  PM ME? Any thing I can help with?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 03:27:28 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2022, 04:08:33 AM »
Thank you 1stpar. I will when I know a bit more.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2022, 04:12:17 AM »
Thank you 1stpar. I will when I know a bit more.

:pray
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2022, 08:34:04 PM »

jagpaw is a beast along with airjer, mothman and a few others.  along with the guy who I shall not mention but likes to kill in a b25. i watched him kill every plane around then rocket vulch him while trying to land.  only way I could kill him. we should have a rule where the top tank players should be equally divided among all countries. and we should create a 4th country just for mothman.  that should make things equal.

semp

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2022, 02:21:35 AM »
jagpaw is a beast along with airjer, mothman and a few others.  along with the guy who I shall not mention but likes to kill in a b25. i watched him kill every plane around then rocket vulch him while trying to land.  only way I could kill him. we should have a rule where the top tank players should be equally divided among all countries. and we should create a 4th country just for mothman.  that should make things equal.

semp
Him? Allison? Woody?   "we should create a 4th country just for mothman.."?   NAH!!!! That Feller is My Squaddie!!! :rock Not my fault, he is Rook? LOL  We dont get together enough AS IS!  Jagpaw, Airjer, BTbrando,Charger 5...His Tanking and My CAS...Doom, Despair and Agony on Thee...even with One or The Other, of us :devil :rofl
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 02:24:37 AM by 1stpar3 »