Author Topic: Numbers of players Saturday and Sunday mornings  (Read 1374 times)

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
Numbers of players Saturday and Sunday mornings
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:10:59 AM »
Something needs to be done, other than ENY to allow people to play the game without HUGE number disadvantages. This morning logged in 22 Bish, 2 Rooks, 2 Knights. No wonder no one hardly plays the game anymore.  :bhead

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Numbers of players Saturday and Sunday mornings
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 08:26:50 AM »
Some don't like to lose regardless what it does for overall game play...big egos I guess

Auto assign works but some are too shallow to use it for the betterment of the game

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 01:25:36 PM »
Something needs to be done, other than ENY to allow people to play the game without HUGE number disadvantages. This morning logged in 22 Bish, 2 Rooks, 2 Knights. No wonder no one hardly plays the game anymore.  :bhead

Thats just more targets for you.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 01:27:56 PM »
The current map has only been up 5 hours and probably just switched, contributing to the problem.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 02:29:53 PM »
My question is, how is it fun for the 22?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 02:51:12 PM »
Just pointing out that the main arena is a sandbox for multiple players to use at the same time.  How each player decides on personal activities or a group of players decide on combined activities are fluid to the game with interaction from other players or just by themselves with no defense.

How I miss the mid war nd early war arenas where I could freely bomb everything and practice jabo runs.  Bring back my purple and green.  :x
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 03:00:32 PM »
Thats just more targets for you.

Hardly. At this point they either clobber that single defender with sheer numbers, or they will flatten three towns at once from high altitude while the rest of the guys will play hide & seek with him in GVs, pushing only the bases he's currently not at.
Which is perfectly logical from a pure "war" point of view.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 03:06:49 PM »
Just pointing out that the main arena is a sandbox for multiple players to use at the same time.  How each player decides on personal activities or a group of players decide on combined activities are fluid to the game with interaction from other players or just by themselves with no defense.

How I miss the mid war nd early war arenas where I could freely bomb everything and practice jabo runs.  Bring back my purple and green.  :x

You can still freely bomb with no resistance, just fly Bishops before 6 PM.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 04:33:18 PM »
262's are only 140 perks when there is those kind of numbers on.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 04:38:07 PM »
My question is, how is it fun for the 22?

Apparently quite a lot of fun, as this is pretty much a daily routine.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 04:38:29 PM »
262's are only 140 perks when there is those kind of numbers on.

While you grab altitude, they grab a base. When you reach a base under attack, they dissipate and just attack another one - in GV. They have prepped several vbases and towns. Several will flash at once, but you won't see them when you arrive in your jet.
You may finally get 3 kills on a buff formation you catch, but in the meantime they have grabbed 2-3 more bases with next to no losses or even combat.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 04:57:40 PM »
‘ This morning logged in 22 Bish, 2 Rooks, 2 Knights. No wonder no one hardly plays the game anymore.  :bhead

Whoa  :eek:

No wonder small maps get rolled in the mornings and are up for ~6hours or less sometimes.

It’s also during the week, not just weekends.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2021, 06:25:38 PM »
The annoying one to me is when the numbers are equal and 2 countries decide to attack one so it still ends up being 2 to 1 odds.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 11:34:37 PM »
The annoying one to me is when the numbers are equal and 2 countries decide to attack one so it still ends up being 2 to 1 odds.

What he said!!!  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2021, 10:20:33 AM »
Hardly. At this point they either clobber that single defender with sheer numbers, or they will flatten three towns at once from high altitude while the rest of the guys will play hide & seek with him in GVs, pushing only the bases he's currently not at.
Which is perfectly logical from a pure "war" point of view.

I could not agree more!!
I recently started playing from years past with the big difference to the GV dar. This "hide and seek" feature is totally being abused. Now players are spawning in to enemy fields with the sole intent of heading to some bush, eating lunch/doing chores or whatever it is just either to get proxy kills or keep the opponent busy for a long period of time to find them. I have seen others that as soon as they see opposition, they head for another bush or hiding spot. Does this promote combat?  I don't think so. Often times, these guys are just waiting for these guys to bail out of frustration or them moving on to REAL action.

I "get" the war winning and the fun it is to work together to make it happen, but it has come to a point to where numbers and side balancing has been SO far off it makes you wonder why we should not have 1 side plowing unopposed fields just for the sake of winning the war?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz