Author Topic: New "DR7"  (Read 3330 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: New "DR7"
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 04:54:56 PM »
Need to retire that name.

This Dr7 fake was mocking our man and acting like it was him earlier tonight. Then when I said something on 200 he pm'd me bad words and I was extremely offended by what he said.  :bolt:

His squad name is Zombie squadron :x :aok

He ain't even tryin to hide it.come on Dale that ain't worth $15 a month.... :salute

Given the mocking and other things he apparently said to other players, HIGHLY doubt it’s a family member as some have said.

However, what is HT to do, he can just come back with some concoction of Dr7, e.g. DrSeven
  :(

Don’t know what the solution is other than maybe he’ll leave when the shock value wears off and everyone ignores him.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 05:29:56 PM »
Maybe he is only here for 2 weeks.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 08:02:17 PM »
The callings of the passed should be locked, end of story.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 08:09:23 PM »
it's not the call sign dr7 that made him live forever.  it was his attitude and the earned respect. like so many legends that are gone but still live inside us.  a call sign is just a call sign, but it's the person that we remember.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 08:50:44 PM »
it's not the call sign dr7 that made him live forever.  it was his attitude and the earned respect. like so many legends that are gone but still live inside us.  a call sign is just a call sign, but it's the person that we remember.

Agreed.

When I kick, my spirit will be gratified to know that some noob has picked up my handle.

- oldman

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 09:53:28 PM »

Agreed.

When I kick, my spirit will be gratified to know that some noob has picked up my handle.

- oldman
An old man noob, but a noob none the less.

Sik

Sent from my SM-A015U using Tapatalk

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 11:11:28 PM »
I have started a new thread and will move my comment to that thread  :cheers: :salute
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:25:45 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2021, 06:41:36 AM »
Seems it would be easy enough to code the game to allow only unique handles.

Upper and lower case should be easy to check

But as others have stated doctor7 or doc7 or anything like that would still be allowed

I think you guys are getting worked up more about than the real DR7 would have or would want you to be

It's a sad individual who needs attention so badly that they would stoop to that but hey it a new selfie world where everyone craves and seems addicted for the attention of others

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2021, 08:56:52 AM »
GameIDs are not case sensitive. You can change the case of you GameID at any time.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2021, 09:25:32 AM »
Hi HT

It wouldn't have to be...only the initial check would have to be made in a specific case..

The comparison would be made after converting the handle data to all upper or lowercase and compare that to existing handles converted to the same upper or lower case thus preventing duplication which allowed this to occur.

Eagler/EAGLER/eAGLER/...

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2021, 09:33:50 AM »
Hi HT

It wouldn't have to be...only the initial check would have to be made in a specific case..

The comparison would be made after converting the handle data to all upper or lowercase and compare that to existing handles converted to the same upper or lower case thus preventing duplication which allowed this to occur.

Eagler/EAGLER/eAGLER/...

You don't seem to understand, it is not a duplicate. There can not be a game id of both Dr7 and DR7. They are treated the same.

All Game id's are clean out from deleted accounts to be used again.

HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 09:40:12 AM »

All Game id's are clean out from deleted accounts to be used again.

HiTech

Yes I didn't know you were allowing handles to be reused

Never mind then

Eagler

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 04:46:54 PM »
Maybe he is only here for 2 weeks.

Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be the case, he has one star by his name in just a few days and as many others have said is skilled in many different aspects of the game. I saw him getting quite a few kills in a short period…he’s a veteran player. 
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 04:57:56 PM »
poppycock
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 05:19:20 PM »
GameIDs are not case sensitive. You can change the case of you GameID at any time.
I ran into a guy with the handle Dran0 one night. Shot him down twice just for the infraction! Never saw that guy again. And flying a N1K too! Blasphemy!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group