Author Topic: Looking For A Good Racing Wheel  (Read 491 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Looking For A Good Racing Wheel
« on: October 08, 2021, 11:33:14 AM »
Does anyone here play any type of racing sims?
I'm looking for a decent racing wheel at a reasonable price.
So far this is the one that caught my eye. [Logitech G920]

Coogan
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 12:46:43 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Looking For A Good Racing Wheel
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 01:11:14 PM »
I think it could be worth spending a little bit more and configuring a setup from these guys:

I had one of their cheapest setups over 10 years ago and never had a problem with it, still works perfectly. Feels rock solid with excellent force feedback.

Scroll down past the crazy expensive ones at the top to find the more reasonable stuff. You can configure a setup from whatever ranges of their products you wants to include the wheel you like, the pedals and the shifter.

EDit: Changed the link to the US website not the EU one

https://fanatec.com/us-en/setupbuilder
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:17:37 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 02:01:09 PM »
I'd go with Fanatec, I've been looking as well and it's worth the money. Now they have been out of items so that's been a problem lately.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 02:34:13 AM »
Fanatec is the lower end of any true aficionado's setup. Top of the line gear will rip the skin from your hands if you use force feedback without gloves. I dropped racing for more serious F3A flying, myself.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 11:04:50 AM »
I guess you could go all in on a $1,400 Simcube pro 2, $1,800 wheel and $1,500 pedals before you know if it's something you're going to put that much time into.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 12:51:29 AM »
I'm just saying there are a lot more expensive rigs. Even RC can be had for $200, or you can go with the $2,300.00 Jeti transmitters (only) and feel broke for the rest of your life. Logitech is where just about everyone starts.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.