Author Topic: HP G2 issue, ideas?  (Read 1668 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
HP G2 issue, ideas?
« on: October 25, 2021, 04:37:14 PM »
  I'm finding it difficult to get past one more set of what I think are likely related issues with my G2.  When  I'm trying to get in-game, the clipboard  is located in an awkward low position, and I can't seem to adjust up into a comfortable location, same issue when I'm in tower, but the most annoying part is when I'm in the cockpit, and I move my head around within the cockpit, the views  change appropriately but my head seems fixed in one spot because I cannot move closer to the instruments, look around the canopy bars, and can only see a piece of the gunsight on the sighting glass and  cannot seem to move my head to a position get a better view of the sight.

I've tried different setting  in the GUI preferences as well as tried both setting the headset up with a boundary or to sit in one place but can't seem to find the right combination of settings, if it exists with this headset....keep finding myself longing for my old CV-1, spent more time flying and less time fiddling with software....

Any ideas greatly appreciated!  Thank you!    :salute                                                                                                         
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 04:50:29 PM by DaddyAce »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: HP G2 issue, ideas?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 05:20:12 PM »
With vr headset on bring up the clipboard

That should activate the mouse ball that moves with your head.

Use it and the mouse to grab and move the clipboard same way you move the text box

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 05:29:28 PM »
Thanks Eagler.  I do have that part down,  Sometimes when I've been trying to get stuff "right"  I can barely get that little ball to the clipboard.  But I just noticed something different, and that is when I go into AH in the WMR software it no longer asks me to "center my headset"  but goes straight to the entry page when you choose a selection on the clipboard such as "online arenas", "Offline Missions", Offline Practice", etc

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 06:29:14 PM »
I remember a similar problem with my Reverb G1.   Every once in a while, my head would seem to lock in position, and if I physcially moved my head TOWARD the instrument panel, the panel would move away from me.

I would try to shake it off by looking over my right shoulder, center ing my head view, then my left shoulder, center the view, then back again.  Then sometimes it would just correct itself.

I suspected finally it was a tracking issue with the unit itself - be sure your room is well lit to help the tracking cameras - and eliminate sun glare from windows, etc.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 07:44:34 PM »
Good thought oboe, it was cloudy here earlier.  I did turn the light on more brightly, but no joy,  I did see that I could move my head some and capture more of the sight on the glass...but still am not finding an option to recenter, and the one of the intitial setup steps that I recall as recent as yesterday was to center my head and click a button, but that step has since disappeared......

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 07:59:48 PM »
Just noticed something else.....something seems to be causing it ti skip or go thru the centering step without apparent input....

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 09:42:12 PM »
Wonder of the key mapping for re-centering was lost?   There is one, I have it mapped to a button on my jostick and use it multiple times per sortie - after any hard maneuvering I usually recenter before firing.

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 09:53:01 PM »
Same, I have a button on my stick to recenter. I have to do it every time I log in and get to the first screen (and on other games). It was the same with my oculus cv1 too, but not as extreme. I think it's numpad 5 by default?

With my G2 I had 2 tracking issues, both had to do with my room. First I had to put a curtain on my window, I think the sun and reflections were a problem. Second I have a closet behind me and when the door is open I can't move my head to the side looking behind me. I have to keep it closed. A buddy also had issues with mirrors.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2021, 12:05:55 PM »
Seems like I finally got it.  Since when  loading the game it seemed to skip thru the "center your head" sequence I decided that my issue may be a sticky switch on one of my flight controllers.   So I unplugged my trusty CH Pro Throttle, and voila, all was suddenly well in my VR world!    I replugged in the throttle after moving all the switches and tried 1 sortie and all worked fine, hopefully this will hold and I will actually start to enjoy my HP G2!    :joystick:

Thanks for jumping in with your thoughts oboe & Rocco!   :salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2021, 01:00:40 PM »
Maybe it is a USB power issue

I use powered hubs for everything

I also open the windows controller window before I open AH to insure the game sees all my hotas correctly

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2021, 02:17:55 PM »
Maybe it is a USB power issue
I also open the windows controller window before I open AH to insure the game sees all my hotas correctly

Eagler

Was wondering about potential USB issue Eagler.  Is the Windows controller Window a separate app?  This is supposed to be a high quality gaming Motherboard, ASUS Rog Strix Z390 Gaming, but the USB 2 ports are already dead, so most of my stuff is plugged into USB 3.1 I think.   Thanks for the input.   :salute

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2021, 06:51:16 PM »
Well rats!  Got home from a hike and tried running AH in VR and my wacky positioning issue has returned....am thinking I may need to try the powered hub idea, and perhaps reinstalling Headset & software......    :bhead

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2021, 08:20:53 PM »
Well rats!  Got home from a hike and tried running AH in VR and my wacky positioning issue has returned....am thinking I may need to try the powered hub idea, and perhaps reinstalling Headset & software......    :bhead

In windows 10, type "game controllers" in the search box in the lower left of the desktop, click "setup usb controllers". This open the windows with the list of your controller. Click the controller and then properties to bring up the old test screen.

You can see if any of your buttons are sticking and which one.

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2021, 10:41:19 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by the center your head sequence on the G2? I don't think I get that when I start either. I fire everything up then throw my headset on. The clipboard menu is always way below me but I just look straight ahead, hit the recenter button mapped to my stick and everything resets to where it should be.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 10:43:38 PM by Rocco »

Arabian Knights

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2021, 11:57:05 PM »
Also came across this, sounds like the same issue you originally posted about.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/278996-hp-reverb-g2-permanently-centered/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 11:58:53 PM by Rocco »

Arabian Knights