Author Topic: Setting up Reverb G2 ...how to access AH?  (Read 487 times)

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
Setting up Reverb G2 ...how to access AH?
« on: October 28, 2021, 11:00:26 PM »
Hi Guys I just updated my old Rift S with a new Reverb G2 and am having trouble opening Aces High in VR.  With the Rift it was simple to open the Oculus library and click on the AH icon then it came up with a box asking if you want to run with the Rift S which starts AH in VR mode.
With the G2 I seem to be lost in finding a way to open the game in VR, I did setup a Steam account and the headset all runs okay in windows mixed reality. My question is..... do I now have to install the Steam version of the game to make it work or are there any other tricks to start my current install of AH in VR mode?
Thanks
PropNut
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 11:03:32 PM by PropNut »

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
Re: Setting up Reverb G2 ...how to access AH?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 11:17:17 PM »
Nope don't have to have the steam version, just run the dx11 version of ah and it will ask if you want to use your vr headset.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 01:15:04 AM »
Thank You Rocco
I did get it to work after a couple of reboots then I did as you said and clicked  on the DX11 shortcut and it started and ran...I am not sure why it kept opening with a white screen and wouldn't prompt for the VR but I believe we got it fixed. Thanks for your help Rocco   :aok

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 08:28:19 AM »
You need to have Steam running for the VR software but you don't need the Steam version of AH.