Author Topic: throttle issues  (Read 689 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
throttle issues
« on: November 02, 2021, 04:23:44 PM »
During last Sat scenario I was cruising along on auto in TU's. When I switched off auto I slowed down and the flt went right past me. Around 190 mph was max speed I could get even on weep. I have Win10 and X52 stick and throttle.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: throttle issues
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 02:45:21 AM »
I would have said that your calibration was off but since you could use WEP that may not be the issue. Worth checking though that you've got the entire length of your throttle movement in use.

Another thing that came into my mind is that you have an RPM slider which you've accidentally pulled a bit back. I've done that several times with my T16000M stick until I reassigned the slider to something less critical.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 05:36:49 PM »
try calibrating your stick again. every once in a while used to happen to me.  also check to see if you have rpm set to your throttle don't do it. once in a while it will act up. it has happened to me.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 07:02:04 PM »
I agree with what Bizman mentioned.  It very well sounds like the RPM setting is jacked somehow.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 09:18:04 PM »
Hitting WEP bypasses throttle and rpm settings. If you were in WEP and staying in WEP you would have been at max throttle and rpm in game regardless what physical position your throttle was.

My first thought is do you use a button to kick off autopilot? Maybe it's double bound to also lower your gear or something?
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 01:57:53 AM »
Hitting WEP bypasses throttle and rpm settings. If you were in WEP and staying in WEP you would have been at max throttle and rpm in game regardless what physical position your throttle was.

My first thought is do you use a button to kick off autopilot? Maybe it's double bound to also lower your gear or something?
Huh? In my experience WEP doesn't even work if the throttle isn't on full. Agreed, I haven't played lately so that may have changed in the latest update but most likely not.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 06:25:47 AM »
You have to be full throttle before you can engage wep

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 09:10:46 AM »
I'll have to try that out, I thought for sure it worked regardless but I could definitely be wrong.

Arabian Knights

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 10:59:22 AM »
You guys are correct about the throttle, I could only activate WEP at full. But I did notice it didn't matter where my RPM lever was, as long as throttle was full and I hit WEP it bumped RPM's to full as well. Moving the RPM lever had no affect for me while in WEP, RPMs stayed maxed out. I tested on a Spit XVI, I assume they would all be the same.

Going back to the OP if you were able to get into WEP then I don't think the issue is your throttle as you would have had to be at full throttle and your RPM setting wouldn't have mattered.

Arabian Knights

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2021, 05:33:47 PM »
Im going to watch for this tomorrow when we do the scenario.