Author Topic: Mindnao Field 41 ME163 crash into tree on takeoff east using auto takeoff  (Read 602 times)

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
Lost 111 perks and opportunity to defend when this happened. Film attached
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 08:38:17 AM by wrench »
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Pull up
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
LOL...who puts trees at the end of a runway? Actually couldn't see was going to impact tree until too late to do anything.
Leave that thing alone!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
There are trees, hills, mountains at the end of tons of runways on tons of maps in the game. I definitely don't use auto takeoff for any perk ride in the game.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
Feels like you're calling me a handsomehunk here. Really? Sea level flat terrain taking off over water? cmon..

and handsomehunk wasn't the word I originally typed..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 09:56:13 AM by wrench »
Leave that thing alone!

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
It really sucks when other players make fun of you for pointing out what might be legit complaints. If you don't have anything constructive to say can you just keep it to yourself?
Leave that thing alone!

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
You know what? I'm cancelling my account. When a AH staff member makes fun of a player...well I'm outta here. buhbye...
Leave that thing alone!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
My constructive advice is to be aware of the surroundings especially when in perk rides. I've augered my fair share of 262s and 234s into the trees by not pulling up quick enough. There was a large thread about B-29s and end of runway trees a while back as well, you certainly aren't the only one. The same would likely happen with many heavy bombers and some heavy fighters. It's just a shame it happened in a perk ride.

I am also not an HTC staff member.

FlyKommando.com

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
I had something like this happen with a perk tank I was still moving when I clicked end sortied and in the time it took me to end sortie the tank drove through the wall and out the back of the hanger (from my best guess of what happened) and I ended up losing my perks.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
You know what? I'm cancelling my account. When a AH staff member makes fun of a player...well I'm outta here. buhbye...

he's not a staff member, he's a volunteer that helps set up arenas.  and we all make fun of each other.

we have all lost perk planes to trees, it happens. we learn how to take off then we lose some more. we just laugh about it or kick the computer, then we go back to losing more.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.