Author Topic: Crowd Funding Changes  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Crowd Funding Changes
« on: November 20, 2021, 06:19:29 AM »
Hello,

A parallel thread gave me this idea.  Perhaps have AH post a vote for 4-5 changes (as they did many times in the past).  We vote on which new change\addition we want to do.  Then crowd fund (kickstart etc.) it to make it happen.

As you all know in many\most new games these days you get perks and\or mods if you pay for them.

Just a thought.

Have a nice day,

X15  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Crowd Funding Changes
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 08:33:44 AM »
I would contribute to:

- Finish the Tempest fund

- Create new seasonal map tiles (autumn & early spring with partial snow cover remaining) and new, smaller maps based on real-world locations.   Also I think the terrains would look more realistic if the rocks were much less shiny.

- Revamp of the transportation system.   More trains, marshaling yarsd in cities and ports, freighters which deliver supplies to ports, which are unloaded with cranes and loaded onto train cars.   Trains run to large & medium field towns, truck convoys run from these towns to the towns at small airfields.   Railroad tunnels through mountains, and realistic-looking trestle bridges which trains and trucks actually cross.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 12:56:55 PM »
I would contribute to:

+1.00
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 10:04:05 AM »
I would contribute to:

+2!!!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 05:54:32 PM »
+1

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 09:53:11 AM »
+1 But a pipedream this is. HITECH is checked out.

Online haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 11:42:25 PM »
We already crowdfund $15/month for an inexpensive to run server and no employees.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 06:46:50 AM »
Rarely do wishes in this forum get traction.  Thanks for all the responses.  :aok

The ball is in your court HiTech.  Please post a poll of 4-6 new features that you are willing to implement.  Maybe let it run for a week or two.  Then post the results and we'll take it from there.

Thank you.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 07:49:24 AM »
Sorry but I personally dont expect anything else new anymore unless more subs come and more money comes in the game.........
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 06:36:53 AM »
Meatwad, do you work for HiTech Creations?

Thank you.  :salute

X15
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 08:27:38 AM »
 Sometimes reality is harsh  :salute
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2021, 06:27:07 AM »
I take that as a no.  You don't work for Hitech.

None of us know what Hitech will do.  I just might call them though and find out from the source.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 12:58:11 PM »
I take that as a no.  You don't work for Hitech.

None of us know what Hitech will do.  I just might call them though and find out from the source.

Excellent idea!   Just ask him if he's busy at the moment, or has a few minutes to answer your questions 😉

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 12:59:58 PM »
btw.... I  would love to see the Beaufighter put in the game...or at least the A-26
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2021, 07:29:19 PM »
Wouldn't it be better for the players who pool their money in a crowd funding venture to be the buyers of the game?  Then, they can make all their dreams come true,

From over 8 plus years ago, the price was around 5 million dollars.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?