Author Topic: Overnight Tower Sitters  (Read 5840 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Overnight Tower Sitters
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2022, 12:22:46 PM »
Same with a Jeep flashing a base, pulls resources.

It's really something special when someone is ranting incessantly about "cheaters watching film to kill his GV, why doesn't HTC ban them" when he got finally killed after making the base flash for way over an hour in a well hidden vehicle far away from field & town.

At times, this games seems to be full of hypocrites.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2022, 11:09:55 AM »
Question ...If you bail near a bad guy field then hide, does it flash the base? Had it happen last night. GV dar was up but GV not to be seen anywhere.

Pilots will show a airplane icon, not gv dar.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2022, 06:09:50 PM »
Pilots will show a airplane icon, not gv dar.

Yeah, I've seen that with friendlies.  Do enemies still have a plane icon that's visible? 
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2022, 09:57:51 PM »
Yeah, I've seen that with friendlies.  Do enemies still have a plane icon that's visible? 

Yes sir.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2022, 09:59:28 AM »
I woke up to read this.  Going back to sleep.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 07:28:42 PM »
When I first started to play, I would tower camp. Not to change anything, but to just simply download the skins. If in fact some are doing this, I would say to have them move to an arena that isnt occupied or set up an arena and do it there.. Maybe an idea?
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2022, 09:36:47 PM »
I didnt feel well thursday night. went to the bathroom then went to bed, my puter was up for 4 days.  dont even know who won the war.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2022, 05:09:32 PM »
Nice research to pull that up fugi, but it was from 2014. Not meant to denigrate your effort at all, but that was almost 8 years ago, numbers have dwindled, and the times they are a-changing. What HT tolerated then hopefully won't be the case now, given that just a few overnight tower sitters can have a very discouraging effect on the people wanting to play in the morning and unable to up a decent ride because of them.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2022, 11:51:20 AM »
Nice research to pull that up fugi, but it was from 2014. Not meant to denigrate your effort at all, but that was almost 8 years ago, numbers have dwindled, and the times they are a-changing. What HT tolerated then hopefully won't be the case now, given that just a few overnight tower sitters can have a very discouraging effect on the people wanting to play in the morning and unable to up a decent ride because of them.

I didn't dig it up, I have saved about 20 links where info like this was posted over the years.

Times are changing, but the situation is  the same. Then we had better numbers so we had 50 tower sitters, now we have 10. It still creates the same situation. Why would you think Hitech s a swer would be any different?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2022, 12:18:22 PM »
What is winning the war?

Ppl stay logged in just to get whatever that gives them?

Really??

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2022, 12:41:22 PM »
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug;  I personally enjoy defending and letting the kills come to me. As for tower sitting, I very rarely get pulled away and forget that I'm logged on; nine times out of ten if I'm in the tower for more than a few minutes I'm making a 'samich or beating on the grandkids.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2022, 03:07:58 PM »
dude str8 don't care and never did

Nah, he answered it and I think correctly.  It's like squeaking about the guy who busts you sitting 3rd base in blackjack.  You only remember when that guy hurt you, never when he didn't play correctly but it helped you.  It all washes out over the long term though.  Just like tower sitters and ENY.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2022, 11:08:15 PM »
Full disclosure... I'm not a tower camper and I've been paying since Jan of 2008.

With the catalog of aircraft available in AH... THIS is an issue? Which 5 ENY (or 10 ENY?) aircraft can't you do without???
at one point, couldn’t even fly off the cv. Other times, eny 30 + planes vs a fleet of F4U-4 we outnumbered in the tower but 1/3 the players flying. At one point we had 20 in game 3 flying and being hit on two fronts and had eny to boot.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline dallash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2022, 08:06:52 AM »
I spoke to the couple or three of guys in question, and they were nice enough to log out when done. For quite while there (and at various times in the past), bishops had the same 4 or 5 guys who didn't log off the night before. At the time they went to bed, there were sufficient numbers such that it didn't matter. By the time I logged in early US time, we would outnumber the nits, and had ENY (sometimes over 20), yet I would literally be the only one (or one of two players) actually awake and flying for the country. 

D

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2022, 03:07:54 PM »
And it appears to have made a difference. The transformation of cybro from Bish to Rook has also made a difference. May these differences persist!