Author Topic: Voice Attack  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Voice Attack
« on: December 10, 2021, 09:50:27 AM »
When first turning the PC on, VA is opened and tested for proper operation. After awhile in game, VA stops working, and when keying up the mic, there’s the “Puma44” highlight but no voice over range or channel.  So, I go to desktop and see a red microphone in the upper right corner of the voice attack window.  When the cursor is placed over the icon, it displays a “mic is muted” message.  The mic on my headset isn’t muted but, the program has changed to this state for some unknown reason. Can’t figure out how to change the voice attack back to a usable state.  So, voice attack is turned off, I go back into the game, and all is well.

Any ideas?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Voice Attack
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 12:45:44 PM »
I don't use voice attack but I can imagine that maybe some word is connected to mute mic. It may even be keystroke or buttons on your controller. Check key binds.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 04:14:21 PM »
I don't think there's anything within voice attack that would actually mute your mic in other programs, it just toggles whether VA is paying attention to it. Default hot key for that is Left Alt + F2. The fact that you can't talk in AH either makes me think something else is muting your mic, or it's losing connection. But that wouldn't explain why it starts working after you close VA.

Something to check, under options -> Audio there are settings to override default playback and text-to-speech devices. If these aren't set to Do Not Override VA might be changing your mic to something else.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 05:54:04 PM »
Something to check, under options -> Audio there are settings to override default playback and text-to-speech devices. If these aren't set to Do Not Override VA might be changing your mic to something else.

Which options/audio menu?

Thanks for the idea!  :salute

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 06:57:57 PM »
No problem, hope it helps!

it's the wrench icon in the bottom right. should pop up a menu with a tab at the top called audio. the second row of drop down menus are the overrides.

Arabian Knights

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 02:17:28 PM »
No problem, hope it helps!

it's the wrench icon in the bottom right. should pop up a menu with a tab at the top called audio. the second row of drop down menus are the overrides.

I’ve gone into VA and set all the overrides to my blue tooth headset.  Yesterday, four voice commands worked perfectly and then the VA stopped responding.  I went to the software and there was a red microphone icon in the upper right corner.  When the mouse arrow was hovered over it, a “Mic muted” message popped up.  This is the typical scenario, a few normal commands and then nothing.  The headset mic was working fine in game on channel/range and the mute button the headset was not in the mute position.

I’m stumped.  Any other ideas?  Thanks!

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 11:31:34 AM »
only other thing I can think of is the mic that's set in VA is changing. that should show in the same menu as the overrides and in 'Recognition'.

It also mentions that if you're seeing issues to run VA as an administrator (Right click on the icon and select 'run as administrator'). Worth a try if you haven't already. If that works there is an option in 'System//Advanced' to always run as admin.

Arabian Knights

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 11:33:12 AM »
scratch my last. do you use a rift S? found this on the VA forum, sounds identical to your issue.
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=3815.msg17536#msg17536

or this one has to do with logitech g hub. sounds like it's a common problem.
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=4065.0
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 11:36:01 AM by Rocco »

Arabian Knights

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 02:54:02 PM »
scratch my last. do you use a rift S? found this on the VA forum, sounds identical to your issue.
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=3815.msg17536#msg17536

or this one has to do with logitech g hub. sounds like it's a common problem.
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=4065.0

I have a RiftS and use VA all the time. I'll get oddness with my sound devices usually following an Oculus update. It'll tend to scramble my devices and what I set up in, say VA or OBS, will say disabled or disconnected. I just re-associate them in their respective settings and I'm fine. It IS annoying as hell tho.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2021, 04:07:08 PM »
Thanks for the ideas gents. 

When flying, I use Rift and usually don’t turn on VA.  When GVing, I use a wireless Bluetooth headset.  I double check the AUDIO menu in the VA settings menu.  Everything was showing my headset as the default.  Was hoping that would fix the problem.  Even went to W10 sound setting and found the headset as the active audio input.  Color me confused.

:salute