Author Topic: Easy's H2H combat custom arena  (Read 1547 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Easy's H2H combat custom arena
« on: December 18, 2021, 11:13:34 AM »
It's a great little arena for quick combat. Not sure if people don't see it due to the tabs or just can never get a solid # of players in there to build it up. But damn, this arena is exactly what I've been wanting to see mostly. I stopped in there to work on my track IR for a few and I really like it. There could be some fun action in there if more players come in on the regular. Just wanted to give it a shout here so more are aware and can check it out.

I've always been suspicious about the tabs at the top, and if most people even see them. All it really takes though is like 4 players to be in there at the same time to really start building it up. Great arena for practice outside of the MA!

Thanks Easy! Hoping you keep it going for a while  :salute
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
Re: Easy's H2H combat custom arena
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 11:43:36 AM »
I'm in there now checking it out, it's really nice. I've seen it in the tabs but never saw anyone in there.
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 11:36:58 AM »
Thank you for the posts and attention.

Last Sunday there were 4 other people in there. Lots of people are rolling through at odd times to check it out.

I hope when people see a baby seal, they don't automatically start clubbing them into leaving, both the room and the game!

The winter version of the terrain is coming along nicely. It should be up within a couple of weeks. After that goes live, I'll probably keep the room up for another month.

:salute
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 11:29:25 AM »
Please make a loud announcement when the winter map is ready

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 12:51:51 PM »
hurry up easy, im going to use it for tanknight!! and then after that i have a few more terrains i need you to look at? like japan, korea
the alaskan atoll.......

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 10:47:16 PM »
Please make a loud announcement when the winter map is ready

Eagler

Really didn't want to start a duplicate thread in the General so here you go.

H2H Winter Combat is up - Merry Christmas

For some, it may be a big download.
It includes 15 default winter GV skins with my idea of whitewashed camo, not from any pictures of WWII vehicles but you'll appreciate them all the same.
If you've ever played on one of Ghostdancer's terrains, or my avaetow, then you might have his revised winter ground tiles this terrain uses. If not, that is the biggest part of the download.

I plan on keeping the room open through the month of January. Then we'll see but so far there has been enough activity in the summer room to justify leaving it up.

Please remember that the ack (AAA) is set at x20 the MA's so with more than one hit, and you are dead over either field. This is intentional. Even so, I can take out 2 or 3 ack in a single pass with a fast Spit 9.

I've run all the test I usually run on a custom terrain and while I'm confident there are no issues, I could have forgotten something. If you experience a crash to desktop, please leave me a message in the rooms text buffer or here telling me what happened, and where you were when it happened if possible.

For those wanting to run it in off-line mode or a room of their own, use the .reset 1 2 3 command to reset the countries to the proper order if need be. Nothing can be done to prevent random rotate in a custom arena afaik.

So after all the Christmas company leaves tomorrow night, come try it out. It's running on the server right now.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 11:41:08 PM »
Thanks for all the work, Easyscor.  Will try it out.

Some day.  Soon, I hope.

- oldman

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2021, 03:21:45 AM »
Here are some teasers:
As these started as 4K images, I had to crop or scale each one. They're still about 2100x800 iirc. Hence the links instead of live images. Open with photo viewer if you have it.

The overview with the "castle" in the foreground:
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=404386.0;attach=34666

The GV skins all fueled up and waiting:
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=404386.0;attach=34668

The Railyards, you'll wish you had some of these in-game.
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=404386.0;attach=34670

« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 03:24:25 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2021, 08:03:42 AM »
Wow, Easy!  That’s spectacular.  Can’t wait to use it, especially in the GV environment.  Any plans to winterize some of the plane skins?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2021, 08:34:40 AM »
Thanks Easy!

That looks great!

Looking forward to trying it out.

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2021, 11:36:58 AM »
Wow, Easy!  That’s spectacular.  Can’t wait to use it, especially in the GV environment.  Any plans to winterize some of the plane skins?
Thanks. In AH2 I whitewashed a C-47 as the only plane really really needing it for events.
As for the rest, they are beyond the time I have to put into it and would significantly increase the download. I wouldn't want to do either.

The terrain is up and running in the Player rooms as H2H Winter Combat.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2021, 01:04:29 PM »

There are already some - thanks Greebo, Devil505, oboe and the other skinners - see hitech post
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,403922.0.html

I have to download them

Eagler

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2021, 01:31:17 PM »
There are already some - thanks Greebo, Devil505, oboe and the other skinners - see hitech post
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,403922.0.html

I have to download them

Eagler

If everyone has those aircraft skins on their hard drive, great. Unfortunately, if for any reason you don't have those winter skins on YOUR hard drive, you only see the standard default skin, usually green brown etc. While you might see all those nice winter skins, you might actually be showing in the default green plane to others. :old:

I only needed 15 skins to replace all those defaults GV skins. If using a GV, be sure to select the default skin for your ride unless there is a different winter option. Then you are covered in one or the other skin, not a bright green one.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2021, 02:24:39 PM »
I'm disjointed with how the CBM came out. It washed out the buildings and other detail. If I can "fix" it, I will. I've already made one attempt and still not happy with it.

The good news is that if I replace the CBM (and you've already download the terrain), it will take you about 15 seconds to download the update. That's because you'll already have the terrain and the skins.

So, if you notice an unexpected download, this is what's going on. What I see off-line using my main machine before uploading isn't what I see on-line using my laptop. I think I can improve the CBM quality for everyone.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2021, 10:45:07 PM »
lol, auto spell check.

Anyway, the new CBM is part of it now. It didn't help much on the laptop but it looks great on my desktop pc. Much better for Thursday Night Tank Night.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001