Author Topic: Saw the ad page on Steam for Aces High  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Saw the ad page on Steam for Aces High
« on: December 26, 2021, 11:27:30 AM »
The ad page on Steam for Aces High reads as "Aces High III offers world class modeling of World War II planes, vehicles, and boats in a combat setting with hundreds of other players pitting their skills in any given online arena."

A side from the main arena which may contain over 100 players, has anyone seen any of the arenas at any time with Hundreds of players?  Talk about false advertising........
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Saw the ad page on Steam for Aces High
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 12:33:17 PM »
False advertising? How come? Did they say that the "hundreds of other players" would be online all the time? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Annually? Given enough time all arenas will have hundreds of players.

Equally one could say that your "over 100 players" on main arena is false advertising but fortunately you said "may contain". It's Sunday, it's Christmas and it's prime time - at least here - and there was 23 players just a minute ago.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 02:00:04 PM »
False advertising? How come? Did they say that the "hundreds of other players" would be online all the time? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Annually? Given enough time all arenas will have hundreds of players.

Equally one could say that your "over 100 players" on main arena is false advertising but fortunately you said "may contain". It's Sunday, it's Christmas and it's prime time - at least here - and there was 23 players just a minute ago.

Please read the quote again, it does not contain the word "may", "Aces High III offers world class modeling of World War II planes, vehicles, and boats in a combat setting with hundreds of other players pitting their skills in any given online arena.", it say that hundreds of players in any given online arena, that's just not true.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 02:02:21 PM »
it say that hundreds of players in any given online arena, that's just not true.

Someone got coal in their Christmas stocking   :old:

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »
The ad page on Steam for Aces High reads as "Aces High III offers world class modeling of World War II planes, vehicles, and boats in a combat setting with hundreds of other players pitting their skills in any given online arena."

A side from the main arena which may contain over 100 players, has anyone seen any of the arenas at any time with Hundreds of players?  Talk about false advertising........

Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 02:35:50 PM »

My Daddy used to say, "Son, don't believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see."  I don't think he ever once logged onto the internet, because if he had, he'd have pared down how much of what you see that  you should believe.  Of course, you led off with 'The ad page on Steam...'
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 04:39:36 PM »
An effort to help grow the game, sht on.

Why are you here then?  There are hundreds of subscribers, do you want them all to log in right now to satisfy your whine?

About the only thing I see you do is fly to a base and die trying to kill fighter hangars at a base where people are fighting?

How many more players do you need to to achieve your obvious goal?

In summary, what's your point?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2021, 05:50:52 PM »
An effort to help grow the game, sht on.

Why are you here then?  There are hundreds of subscribers, do you want them all to log in right now to satisfy your whine?

About the only thing I see you do is fly to a base and die trying to kill fighter hangars at a base where people are fighting?

How many more players do you need to to achieve your obvious goal?

In summary, what's your point?

To play devils advocate here he is saying the statement is miss leading, much like the "Play for Free!" on the main page.

The only arenas we have "hundreds playing" in these days are the MA and FSO, but only at certain times. The old days we had hundreds playing ANY TIME in the MA with it topping out at 600 on weekends  US prime time.

The same goes for the "Play for Free" line. It was one of the biggest complaints when the stream players were leaving. It was misleading because it was only free for 2 weeks, still is.

Its just another one of those things that makes it look like a scam.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 06:21:35 PM »

The only arenas we have "hundreds playing" in these days are the MA and FSO, but only at certain times. The old days we had hundreds playing ANY TIME in the MA with it topping out at 600 on weekends  US prime time.

The same goes for the "Play for Free" line. It was one of the biggest complaints when the stream players were leaving. It was misleading because it was only free for 2 weeks, still is.

Its just another one of those things that makes it look like a scam.

I think AH players are a dying breed.  When I say that, I reference people such as myself who had family members involved in WWII, European Theater and Pacific Theater, and enjoy that connection.  On the horizon are players that want 'reality' but 'in an arcade game environment.'  I don't think those two concepts can co-exist.  I may be wrong.

But you have to consider that, ten years from now, when you and I may be long gone, there will be players that look back on these times as the good old days.  Just my thoughts.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline LNG15

• Nickel Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 08:06:48 PM »
Not to get involved and start anything. But I am still a young guy at 25 and I enjoy playing this game. Problem is this, most big YouTubers like DDG and Phly play it once, then decided it's not a good game, rather go back to War Thunder which is F2P or whenever they buy premium aircraft or whatever and never come back to the game. Most YouTubers go with IL-2 since you just buy it once and that's it. Most people who play these type style games p2p like WOW, or even LoL have put years into those games and enjoy them.

There aren't that many young people like me who would play these games, going with Fortnite, War Thunder, and any War Gaming title. I enjoy this game although I have my moments.

You have to consider what the other titles have on AH. When FSO/Scenarios happen those are Fridays and Saturdays, War Thunder use to have the true historical battles with Allies against Axis, but due to patches with new aircraft/tanks/helicopters/ships they could control. Most people will flock to that in a heartbeat, and join the rush rather than learning over time the true tactics and what to do and not to do.

Also, you have to count for the Milsim games such as Arma which can be setup into a similar setup to what Special Events do, and they can do it anytime they want without a time limit per say of 3 hours (I'm not questioning it, I am ok with the 3 hours no issue.) The way I honestly could see the game staying around would be in a situation/solution as this. Have new arena map set ups to where for example, if people want to play a historical situation or even practice with the training corp of the game, I would say, set up a co-op campaign style arena/map where you can fly against AI as a team in the game like IL-2 can do that is one of the free servers, and if people want to play multiplayer and it's mentioned the price a month on what it will do for the game, then the game will stay longer.

Just my honest .02
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2021, 02:50:55 PM »
Wow thanks for bringing this travesty to our attention.  Hopefully those responsible will be brought to justice.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2021, 03:28:11 PM »
Wow thanks for bringing this travesty to our attention.  Hopefully those responsible will be brought to justice.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph over good is for good men to stand by and do nothing.  I forget who said that.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2021, 03:46:30 PM »
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph over good is for good men to stand by and do nothing.  I forget who said that.

that was George Washington on his first tweet.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2021, 05:17:30 PM »
Traveler just likes HiTech's ankle and tries to hump it every chance he gets.  If you search his posts, you'll find that he's posted this very subject dozens of times in the past amongst other crap crying about HiTech's business practices.

Quite honestly, HiTech has been very patient with Traveler and his whines.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2021, 08:23:33 PM »

That is funny.  :D

Hey, any advertising that brings in more players is great IMHO.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)