Author Topic: Orders?  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Orders?
« on: January 06, 2022, 02:02:08 PM »
Not seen any for Allied yet? :joystick: :airplane:
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Orders?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 02:06:24 PM »
Nor any for the Axis.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 02:46:23 PM »
Nor any for the Axis.

I sent them last night at 10:27PM

Just resent to.you.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 03:55:41 PM by Nefarious »
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 04:38:51 PM »
Sorry guys something wonky I could not access Emails sent em to Sware to be forwarded to allied.
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 04:41:04 PM »
I sent them last night at 10:27PM

Just resent to.you.

Got them. Thanks!
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 07:31:14 PM »
VF-17 has received Allied orders.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 07:56:23 PM »
Didn't know The Bad Guys was being switched to Allied without my knowledge as I did not put in a request to be put on the Allies.

Would have been nice to get asked if that what I wanted.

Starting to see now why numbers are so low in this event. This and a few other things. It seems as though you all don't want new people in your beloved FSO if you keep doing sh*t like this. If you all (and i mean the CM's especially) wanted us to not be a part of this then you should have just said so instead of playing stupid games.

Surprised but not surprised

Thanks again

Darkwood
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 08:03:48 PM by RichardDarkwood »
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 08:42:55 PM »
Side preferences are exactly that, a preference. While Admin CMs try to fulfill everyone's preference month to month, sometimes it does not happen. When it does not, we always look at those squads (as we can track it) and try to make sure their preference is met in the following month(s).

Numbers in FSO have been falling congruently with all events and the MA slowly over a very long time. All CMs take these events seriously as we are putting hours of our personal time into them on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. I can assure you nobody is playing 'stupid games'.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 8903

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 09:27:12 PM »
Side preferences are exactly that, a preference. While Admin CMs try to fulfill everyone's preference month to month, sometimes it does not happen. When it does not, we always look at those squads (as we can track it) and try to make sure their preference is met in the following month(s).

Numbers in FSO have been falling congruently with all events and the MA slowly over a very long time. All CMs take these events seriously as we are putting hours of our personal time into them on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. I can assure you nobody is playing 'stupid games'.

You Bumped your head,  I used to love playing this game flew all the time and made every FSO I could but seriously Its one sided. The Bad Guys always got the worst planes and worst orders  it showed consistently, but we never cared and just took it. Sometimes we got really sick of it and just said F it and did our own chit. You arm, chair generals are a bunch of Tool Bags, You CM's need Recycled or revamped either of the 2 would be PERFECT and things need to be equal to all squads that fly. As far as Hours into an event that's been played non stop for how many years Over and Over again...Yeah Ok sure whatever....play that fiddle all ya want. Some of us been here for YEARS too and we know better. This attitude it the reason I QUIT this game It never Changes same people doing the same chit, perhaps its time to change the guards cause these ones are stale and smell of chit. As for numbers in Game and FSO it's in a slow death spiral I'm just waiting for someone start playin taps.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 09:32:46 PM by 8903 »
Founding CO of VF-4 Red Rippers (RIP)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 01:41:19 PM »
Gentlemen,

Good afternoon, I wanted to follow up on some items/issues that are being tossed about in this thread. I am going to focus on "Squad Preferences", as there may have been some misunderstanding surrounding this requirement.

For as far back as I can remember, each squad CO or Squad representative is responsible for setting their squad's "Side Preference" within the week between the event being posted and two days before the objectives are posted. In general that is about a weeks time. The objectives are sent to squad leaders on the Sunday before the first frame.

This is the same information that every participant will find in the FSO Guidance and Rules, posted here: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,386048.0.html

But just for clarity sake, let's step through the "monthly" process of setting the "Squad Preferences".

Before we go much further, I want to define "preference" in terms of assigning squads to sides. In terms of setting a monthly "Squad Preference", the CM Admin reviews each squads preference as they are submitted within the appropriate time frame prior to objectives being released. The submitted preference keeps assumptions clear on what squads may want to do that month.

But... A "preference" is a liking, a choice, a favorite or a pick. The CM Staff would like to guarantee each squads side, but that is next to impossible based on the number of squads currently participating in FSO. Yes, there have been a few exceptions, but even those are very hard to maintain.

Granted that there are squads that have "No Preference" and there are squads that want to "Park" on one side. I am sure that the CM Team can do a little better with that, but it is not easy with our current number of participants within the event.

Balance is why CM Admins go through this exercise. We must balance the sides before the event starts. So we appreciate everyone's patience and flexibility when it comes to side preferences. The CM Team wants everyone to be happy with each event produced month to month, but the basis for the event by its design is balance.

Enough about that... Let's review the setting "Side Preferences" process.

To start, Squad COs or representative(s) are required to state their squad's side preference "Every" month. The absence of a change in squad preference from one month to the next, states that the squad has, "No Preference" for a side. If side preferences are never filled in, then the CM Admin will place the squad where it is needed to balance the sides.

We set the squad preference by going to the AHEvents.net website at: http://www.ahevents.net/

The squad representative will need to "Login" >> to the site to expose the appropriate menus to make changes.

From the AH Events Home page find the menu bar and select "Events" >>

A pull down menu will appear where the "Friday Squad Ops" selection will be available, click there;

Once the "Friday Squad Ops" page appears there will be a menu to the righthand side of the page, find and select "Update FSO Squad Info" >>

There will be a page the shows your squad details based on your personal login credentials. You will need the password setup for your squad to make modifications to the page.

Once you have logged in you will find the following "Squad Information" >>

You will notice on the ninth line down the "side preference" option. This is where you will need to make changes to your squads preferences month to month for participation and planning in FSO. Please ensure that you save any changes before leaving the page.

Again, this system has been in place continuously for years and it has been an understood practice for that period. If there are any squad COs or representatives that need help in accessing this information, then a PM to Spikes, or Slipknt or any other AH CM can get you started on completing this request.

Cheers...
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 04:33:26 PM »
You don't have to get the whiteboard and markers out Warhawk.

Just letting you know from a new guy's perspective what would push people away and is currently pushing people away. Little too tight with rules when there is barely anyone showing up anymore. Hopefully I am wrong, and it will turn around.

A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline 8903

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 05:04:40 PM »
This just Re-Affirms how far heads are up As*es in this game...air a grievance.... you get a lesson on compliance... like we're children...We all know how to read we been playing this cartoon plane game for a very long time. Face the facts most of you CMs SUCK and are really lazy at this! But yet you all cry about how difficult it is to be a CM but get to play for FREE and then complain on top of that on how hard it is to take time out of your day to make an event fun, maybe you need to start paying for the game again, so you are forced to really have to do something for those who DO have to pay! If you don't or can't pull the numbers you should be REMOVED, because you must be doing something Wrong! And Warhawk you just proved you are part of the problem set your crayon down and just walk away.

Another thing Refrain from sending me PM's I don't CARE what you have to say, never did, never will.
Founding CO of VF-4 Red Rippers (RIP)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2022, 05:16:05 PM »
Thats good. Because you REALLY  dont want to hear what I have to say.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 05:26:32 PM »
This just Re-Affirms how far heads are up As*es in this game...air a grievance.... you get a lesson on compliance... like we're children...We all know how to read we been playing this cartoon plane game for a very long time. Face the facts most of you CMs SUCK and are really lazy at this! But yet you all cry about how difficult it is to be a CM but get to play for FREE and then complain on top of that on how hard it is to take time out of your day to make an event fun, maybe you need to start paying for the game again, so you are forced to really have to do something for those who DO have to pay! If you don't or can't pull the numbers you should be REMOVED, because you must be doing something Wrong! And Warhawk you just proved you are part of the problem set your crayon down and just walk away.

Another thing Refrain from sending me PM's I don't CARE what you have to say, never did, never will.
I don't think that "airing a grievance" constitutes personal attacks.

Nobody has said that it is difficult to be a CM, so do not put words in anyone's mouth. I simply pointed out that since we are investing our personal time into the game to produce a product for people to enjoy. I typically spend about 10-15 hours minimum per FSO design doing research, coming up with a planeset, objectives, etc. Not included in this is the side splits, sending out objectives, etc. which is not a terribly long amount of time. Where did I say how hard it was to take time out of my day? Or are you putting words into my mouth again?

I don't think we've denied a CM applicant in the last few years. We've graciously accepted anyone with a good mindset willing to help out and keep FSO and other events going. Your application must've got lost in the mail.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 05:36:25 PM »
Hopefully I am wrong, and it will turn around.
We all do and strive to make it fun for everyone involved. :salute

FlyKommando.com