Author Topic: Looking to the past and to the future  (Read 544 times)

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
Looking to the past and to the future
« on: January 14, 2022, 10:17:10 AM »
Hello All,

I just wanted to wish everyone the best, whether you still fly or have long retired. Aces High and the people of it have always been a great addition to my life thanks to all the interesting pilots and the generational interest by my family and others I've seen over the years. My grandfather, SonnyTen, first captured my interest in aircraft with the introduction of Aces High and his hobby of building and flying large model planes. My father, IRNstorm, also kept my interest and still flies in the skies of Aces High now. My uncle also flew for some years under the name Fang504, and occasionally shared the joystick with my younger cousin. In the end, I just want to thank everyone for a great past and here's to a hopefully a great future, in and out of Aces High! :salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Looking to the past and to the future
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »
 :salute

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 10:38:56 AM »
What a wonderful legacy Marco. While to my knowledge I never met the others, your father IRNStorm is a wonderful player, and I dare say a friend. we have fought together and against each other over the years. Looking forward to seeing you in the air again soon.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 10:40:26 AM »

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 10:44:46 AM »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 11:39:11 AM »
 :aok       :rock       :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 01:34:46 PM »
What a wonderful legacy Marco. While to my knowledge I never met the others, your father IRNStorm is a wonderful player, and I dare say a friend. we have fought together and against each other over the years. Looking forward to seeing you in the air again soon.  :salute

Thank for you saying such things. Yes, my grandfather went under the name SonnyTen, and I have him as a primary source to thank for showing me Aces High during one of my visits to his place in Florida when I was a kid. My father IRNstorm has been a consistent flyer for just as long. It is indeed a wonderful legacy.