Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 15889 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Ukraine
« on: January 29, 2022, 01:50:35 AM »
Just after the Olympic opening ceremonies are over?

Sometime Feb 4-11?

Broad front to the Dnipier?  Or down the Black Sea coast to Odessa?  Or both?

I'm leaning to a mad dash along the coast.

They've been digging in on that eastern front.  It's a lot of depth to penetrate.  Once you start, you have to push all the way to the Dnipier.
Probably a lot more casualties that way.  Both sides.

A lighting flanking maneuver along the coast.  His navy can follow along with the spearhead close to the coast giving cover and support with it's firepower.
Closes all Ukraine's ports and access to the sea.  Instantly shuts down Ukraine's imports/exports thus economy and establishes a land bridge to Crimea at the same time.
Given the overwhelming firepower with the fleet providing cover as well, it would be a quick victory, actually probably the least casualties, compared to slogging it out along a wide front.

Seems like a Judo'ey kinda thing Vlad would like.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 06:56:59 AM »
Best for Ukraine just not to resist IMO..needless blood shed as victory is an impossibility for them

From what I understand you have as many Ukrainians siding with the Russians as they don't...not like they don't speak the language and weren't Russians before

Just hoping the US doesn't bow up and try to save the day at the last second for some humanitarian volation reason - that may or may not pan out as true - as has been used in the past...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 07:07:10 AM »
This won't last long.  :rolleyes:

Online Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 08:51:16 AM »

True and neither will they.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 09:47:35 AM »
Best for Ukraine just not to resist IMO..needless blood shed as victory is an impossibility for them

From what I understand you have as many Ukrainians siding with the Russians as they don't...not like they don't speak the language and weren't Russians before

Just hoping the US doesn't bow up and try to save the day at the last second for some humanitarian volation reason - that may or may not pan out as true - as has been used in the past...

Eagler

Older generations are Pro-Russian, younger generations want a free, EU, Ukraine. The world should support a free, European Ukraine. It is best for everyone.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 11:07:14 AM »
Just after the Olympic opening ceremonies are over?

Sometime Feb 4-11?

Broad front to the Dnipier?  Or down the Black Sea coast to Odessa?  Or both?

I'm leaning to a mad dash along the coast.

They've been digging in on that eastern front.  It's a lot of depth to penetrate.  Once you start, you have to push all the way to the Dnipier.
Probably a lot more casualties that way.  Both sides.

A lighting flanking maneuver along the coast.  His navy can follow along with the spearhead close to the coast giving cover and support with it's firepower.
Closes all Ukraine's ports and access to the sea.  Instantly shuts down Ukraine's imports/exports thus economy and establishes a land bridge to Crimea at the same time.
Given the overwhelming firepower with the fleet providing cover as well, it would be a quick victory, actually probably the least casualties, compared to slogging it out along a wide front.

Seems like a Judo'ey kinda thing Vlad would like.

(Image removed from quote.)

How can you possibly believe that this post is NOT political?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 11:11:56 AM »

True, but my intent was really the discussion of the tactics, timing, and strategy. 

Surely on a combat sim forums we can simply address the military aspects of a kinetic engagements without it immediately degrading in to a domestic partisan pissing contest.

I mean, we're adults aren't we?

Hmmmm yeah, this thread is probably doomed.  :rolleyes:

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 11:15:03 AM »

How can you possibly believe that this post is NOT political?

Well, I guess as political as discussing D-Day, the Battle of Britain, or Operation Barbarossa.

Perhaps I missed something.

Please quote where in my original  post I referred to or eluded to a political party?

I'll wait while you try and come up with something.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:31:05 AM by CptTrips »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 12:48:52 PM »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 01:15:45 PM »

Please quote where in my original  post I referred to or eluded to a political party?

You didn't have to.

Waging war is essentially politics by force and the discussions of the merits of waging war / responding to war are inherently political.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 01:26:37 PM »
You didn't have to.

Waging war is essentially politics by force and the discussions of the merits of waging war / responding to war are inherently political.

While the decision to wage war may be political in nature (only in that the people in power - who are, by and large, politicians - make that decision) the tactics and strategies are just that - tactics and strategies. Now if this discussion veered toward, for instance, the apparent support of Putin's invasion of the Ukraine by conservative right wing American politicians then I would say the line was crossed but, as yet, that doesn't appear to be the case.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 01:43:57 PM »
You didn't have to.

So there can be no discussion of WWII either?  Is that the rule now?  WWII was politics by force, right?   :rolleyes:

But at least you admit that nowhere in my OP did I refer or elude to a political party.

I saw a football thread turn political.  So I guess football is politics by sport.  So no sports either I guess.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 01:45:48 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2022, 01:47:25 PM »

So there can be no discussion of WWII either?  Is that the rule now?  WWII was politics by force, right?   :rolleyes:

But at least you admit that nowhere in my OP did I refer or elude to a political party.

I saw a football thread turn political.  So I guess football is politics by sport.  So no sports either I guess.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There is a difference between something that is inherently political, and the same old people turning any thread they participate in, political.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 01:51:08 PM »
There is a difference between something that is inherently political, and the same old people turning any thread they participate in, political.

So was the original post on this thread inherently political?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2022, 02:07:13 PM »
WWII is history, this is todays politics.