Author Topic: Ukraine part 2  (Read 5566 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Ukraine part 2
« on: February 11, 2022, 12:55:31 PM »
The thread is locked same time rumor has it Putin just ordered the invasion

Market falling

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ukraine part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 01:40:25 PM »
False alarm..markets rising..what a joke!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 02:57:22 PM »
I got my entry in.  :D

NRA SWEEPSTAKES
EARLY ENTRY BONUS PRIZE DRAWING
DEADLINE TONIGHT!

ENTER NOW!

You Must Enter Before 11:59 PM ET Tonight for
Your Chance to Win this Indian Scout Bobber Motorcycle

More than 1,000 Prizes Guaranteed to be Given Away!
Every Prize Made in the USA.

ENTER NOW!

Along with a 18 gun collection, Gun safe, and $2,500 gift card for ammunition. All American made.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 03:06:51 PM »
They are still down.

But my first reaction to news these days is to ponder what the ulterior motive is for the news item.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 04:50:35 PM »

But my first reaction to news these days is to ponder what the ulterior motive is for the news item.

You have to be suspicious of anything and everything today.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 05:22:04 PM »
I got my entry in.  :D

NRA SWEEPSTAKES
EARLY ENTRY BONUS PRIZE DRAWING
DEADLINE TONIGHT!

ENTER NOW!
(Image removed from quote.)

You Must Enter Before 11:59 PM ET Tonight for
Your Chance to Win this Indian Scout Bobber Motorcycle

More than 1,000 Prizes Guaranteed to be Given Away!
Every Prize Made in the USA.

ENTER NOW!

Along with a 18 gun collection, Gun safe, and $2,500 gift card for ammunition. All American made.

Make it a Harley and I'll think about it.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 05:40:56 PM »
In my opinion... I do not believe anyone in the U.S. government much less
the senate and house...
 :salute

And it is their fault that most (imho) do not... maybe, just maybe, the citizens
of the U.S. will grow some balls and rise up but I doubt it  :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 05:45:30 PM by Ramesis »
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 06:03:20 PM »
Seems the sure fire way to get the thread locked now are those lizard people comments  :rolleyes:

Whoever and wth they are  :noid
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 06:25:33 PM »
wow didn't know they made Indian motorcycle anymore. years ago got a loan for a Harley. then torn ligaments on my left foot. a year later on my right. guess it wasn't meant to be.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2022, 07:44:09 PM »
Make it a Harley and I'll think about it.

Hey Rick,  good to see you still around !  get a cold Labatt Blue    :) :rock

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 07:50:44 PM »
Hey Rick,  good to see you still around !  get a cold Labatt Blue    :) :rock

Great to hear from you too GHI. Hope all is well! :aok
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2022, 10:30:42 AM »
Well, on the coat tails of a locked thread this one starts out with false information followed immediately by what appears to be disappointment that the start of the war and the fall of the market did not, in fact, happen. Then we get an NRA ad (which could be viewed as spam I suppose). Then there's a call for an uprising. Then it all kinda dwindles down to hiyas. What a disappointing thread. Guess locks aren't needed in this case.  :D

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 12:41:35 PM »
So there are two basic possibilities as I see it. 

First lets throw out the obvious BS.  No, these are not just normal innocent military exercises.  Russia controls a lot of territory that it could use for exercises.  To conduct this scale of exercises where they are would be the height of incompetence and irresponsibility if it was just by coincidence.  The odds of some accidental event getting a shooting war started by misunderstanding would be very high.  It'd be like our military conducting live fire exercises in a parking lot in downtown Las Vegas.

This is either a planned invasion that they may or may not go through with now that they were spotted early and are under a microscope, or this was an intimidation attempt to display their military might to squeeze concessions out of NATO and Ukraine.  In either case they are going to claim it's just exercises as long as possible.

If it's the former, I don't see how Putin calls it off at this point.  Like the Guns of August, time-tables and logistics have a life of their own.  I think the momentum towards war is hard to pull back from now. 

If it's the latter case, I think it is a fundamental mis-calculation on Putin's part.  If he pulls back now, it is not going to be seen as a close call and gosh it's scary what Putin could have done if he was really pissed off. 

It's going to be seen as the West having stared Putin down and backed him down.  It will embolden and strengthen NATO and Ukraine's confidence and willingness to stand up to Putin in the future.  After all, if they backed him down once....  The loss of face would be catastrophic for an authoritarian whos authority rests on his illusion of invincibility.  He almost has to go in now to preserve his power, regardless of the cost, and hope for a quick victory and China coming through with enough trade and economic support to deflect the inevitable sanctions.

Putin may have painted himself into a corner.  No one will believe it had all been exercises after all.  If he doesn't invade at this point, it is a clear defeat and loss of face.  A death sentence for an authoritarian.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 12:50:46 PM »
Well, on the coat tails of a locked thread this one starts out with false information followed immediately by what appears to be disappointment that the start of the war and the fall of the market did not, in fact, happen. Then we get an NRA ad (which could be viewed as spam I suppose).
No more spammy than tons of threads with links to random Youtube videos nobody cares about.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2022, 01:14:56 PM »
the fall of the market did not, in fact, happen.

It's the Friday 2% drop that people were talking about, which did happen.  That's a big drop for a day, but of course one day isn't generally what matters.