Author Topic: OMG! VR is fantastic!  (Read 3706 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: OMG! VR is fantastic!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 11:18:59 AM »
I am looking to get the HP Reverb G2 next. Several squaddies have it and say its one of the best.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2022, 12:36:47 PM »
My first stick, think it was a Sidewinder, totally crapped out in the middle of an FSO once.  One of those FSOs where you fly to target for over an hour, never seeing a thing...  Then suddenly there are bad guys dropping on the bombers and BLAMMO, stick is toast...  Nooooooooooooo!

That's when I ponied up the cheddar $$$ for the Warthog
Oh the stick wasn't toast, just the mapping in AH. It'll just magically up and disappear. It's only done it to me a few times but now I have a backup saved to my desktop. Last time it did it I just quick did a copy/paste and I was back in business. Annoying tho.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2022, 06:07:35 PM »
I've watched a couple of Aces High VR videos and on thing I'm curious about.  Is there a way to one click recenter?  I really don't have an issue with the button to look behind but I'd like to be able to recenter so the reticle is in the right position
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2022, 06:53:27 PM »
Yup. I'm out right now but something tells me it's like ctrl+F4 or F5. Look in key mapping for tracker center.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 07:07:13 PM by Drano »
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2022, 07:10:27 PM »
Yup. I'm out right now but something tells me it's like ctrl+F4 or F5. Look in key mapping for tracker center.

roger that when I get there :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2022, 09:00:13 PM »
I've watched a couple of Aces High VR videos and on thing I'm curious about.  Is there a way to one click recenter?  I really don't have an issue with the button to look behind but I'd like to be able to recenter so the reticle is in the right position

I havent recentered mine in a long time. Your IN the plane, and unless your flying sitting on a couch or something your going to be pretty much in the same spot all the time. Just like real fighting I assume you dont use a "recenter" button you just move back to center. It becomes very automatic.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2022, 06:36:15 AM »
Yes you setup a recenter button on the jstick so your sights are truly centered when you are firing..

Otherwise in my experience though it might look centered to my eyes it is not to the guns

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2022, 12:15:50 PM »
Ant tips or advice on handling the rear views?  I've got the Hat set to give me a backwards peak, but finding that I'm having a heck of a time tracking tracking a bogey.  See him in my rearview, then as I pull into him and have to switch to the up view, as soon as I let off the hat, my view snaps to forward.  Pretty disorienting.  Probably just a practice practice practice thing, but if you have any tips, would love to hear them.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2022, 12:25:04 PM »
On my X52, I used to use a hat button on my hotas to slide my head position left and right while using a hat button on my stick to look back, up, left, and right.

I'm still trying to figure it out on my virpil, but it is practice, practice, practice.

Ant tips or advice on handling the rear views?  I've got the Hat set to give me a backwards peak, but finding that I'm having a heck of a time tracking tracking a bogey.  See him in my rearview, then as I pull into him and have to switch to the up view, as soon as I let off the hat, my view snaps to forward.  Pretty disorienting.  Probably just a practice practice practice thing, but if you have any tips, would love to hear them.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 12:30:22 PM »

I have two views mapped for VR.  Rear view, and Forward-Up.  I find that is really all I need.  The only thing that's disorienting is the the left/right reverse when snapping to rear view.   I may experiment with Left and Rigth views instead of Rear view - the way NeckSafer works.   Starting from the 90 Left or Right view, I should be able to crank my head around the rest of the way, and that would solve the flip or right/left when using the RearView...

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2022, 12:31:11 PM »
I do see a field of view slider in the graphics settings...  But it is grayed out it appears.  Is this something can be changed?  And is it worth playing with, or does it just screw with everything else?

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2022, 12:39:29 PM »
I may experiment with Left and Rigth views instead of Rear view - the way NeckSafer works.   Starting from the 90 Left or Right view, I should be able to crank my head around the rest of the way, and that would solve the flip or right/left when using the RearView...

Oh yes...  You should play with this.  Just did this in the TA...  Feels much more natural.  In fact, I have removed the back view from my mapping completely.  The Left/Right or the LeftBack/RightBack views feel much much better.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2022, 12:53:33 PM »
6 and straight up are two views I can't fly without

Go into straight up view to follow the pass before you go to your 6 view if you even half to..if you are turning properly with him, he will never leave your straight up view as you turn inside of him

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2022, 04:38:42 PM »
To be honest people playing in VR in aces are spoiled with the ability to look behind and straight up without moving the head. Kind of a crutch.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2022, 05:12:24 PM »
How do you feel about TIR?

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"